Falcons @ Eagles: 2018 NFL Season Opener

Vic Mackey

Well that was quick. Good job by the Falcons getting that ball snapped before the 2 minute and now getting a free timeout.

This drive reminds me of the last drive of their playoff game last year. Hopefully a different outcome.

Very surprised they didn't take a tv timeout here for the 2 minute. Is that normal these days?

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

So on those final 5 plays, how many did Ryan even give a chance to score? None?

I counted 2 out of bound bail outs, 1 was a QB hit that fluttered 7 yards and almost picked, 1 was an overthrow but bailed by a safety, and the other was a low percentage side line play to your best receiver who got pushed out of bounds. nothing in the middle, no high percentage quick slant, no come backs, whatever.

The Eagles should've dumped Foles off when they received numerous offers after the 2017 season. The 2014/2015 version of Foles made his not so triumphant return, he didn't even have much to do with Philly's go ahead scoring drive that was primarily the 15 yard face mask penalty and the long run by Clement. 19/34 for 117 yards  and 1 pick is hilariously bad.

• Like 1

I don't think any team offered more than a 5th-6th rounder for Foles. He played fine, considering he had zero deep threats without Alshon, and for some reason Ertz played like shit. The interception wasn't a good throw but it was also a lucky bounce to be picked. Foles was in total control the second half, got the ball out quickly and ran the hurry-up offense when ATL was gassed.

I'm obviously really happy how that game went. Eagles defense remains outstanding, the offense will only get better/healthier and it is amazing to have a coach who you don't spend the whole game questioning his decisions. That was a big win over a fellow NFC playoff contender.

2 hours ago, Bartles said:

I don't think any team offered more than a 5th-6th rounder for Foles. He played fine, considering he had zero deep threats without Alshon, and for some reason Ertz played like shit. The interception wasn't a good throw but it was also a lucky bounce to be picked. Foles was in total control the second half, got the ball out quickly and ran the hurry-up offense when ATL was gassed.

I'm obviously really happy how that game went. Eagles defense remains outstanding, the offense will only get better/healthier and it is amazing to have a coach who you don't spend the whole game questioning his decisions. That was a big win over a fellow NFC playoff contender.

The Browns offered their 2nd round pick (35 overall).