2018 Big 12 Baseball Thread

Horny Bull

Texas is likely going to be paired with a really good team in the supers no matter what happens. That's if they advance to a supers. 

Worrying about that is a waste of time

Agreed, doesn’t seem like we’ve ever really been thrown too many favors.

Now I know you're an aggy troll. Gemba (a known aggy troll) liked your above post. 

Matter of fact, I bet you are gemba. Are you really this pathetic? Already back trolling Longhorn boards I see. 

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/147077-Sumlin-2016-No-defense-just-recruiting-and-double-vodka-tonics./page12

Edited by texasstrong12

9 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Well I am just shocked that an obvious aggy troll is in fact aggy and also a Trump supporter to top it off. Absolutely shocked, I tell you.

This dude has been trolling Longhorn boards for years. First OB, then Shaggy, now Surly. Surly is officially off and running now. 

Sad thing is this dude probably has at least 4 or 5 other accounts on here trolling in random Longhorn related threads acting like he's a Longhorn. 

Edited by texasstrong12

55 minutes ago, slorch said:

Tech 6

Okie Lite 2

Can we play them again?

That wouldn't be fair to whoever gets to kick our ass next.  I can almost guarantee we will be 2 and BBQ in our regional and end the season on nifty little 8 game losing streak.  I can't imagine we could beat any team in the country right now

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

That wouldn't be fair to whoever gets to kick our ass next.  I can almost guarantee we will be 2 and BBQ in our regional and end the season on nifty little 8 game losing streak.  I can't imagine we could beat any team in the country right now

Serious question from a Texas fan who has great respect for Josh.

What has happened ?   Overworked pitching staff due to the injuries ?    From the few innings I have watched,  it seems the hitters are trying to hit everything out of the park instead of getting on base.

Keep in mind OKSt was picked 6th in the preseason predictions if it is any consolation.

Serious question from a Texas fan who has great respect for Josh.
What has happened ?   Overworked pitching staff due to the injuries ?    From the few innings I have watched,  it seems the hitters are trying to hit everything out of the park instead of getting on base.
Keep in mind OKSt was picked 6th in the preseason predictions if it is any consolation.

I think you nailed it. Lack of pitching depth and swinging for the fences every at bat finally caught up with them. Mediocre team at best.

I think you nailed it. Lack of pitching depth and swinging for the fences every at bat finally caught up with them. Mediocre team at best.

Mix in below average fielding and done strange coaching decisions as well. I imagine the weird coaching decisions are due to Josh grasping at straws trying to magically change the direction we were heading.

• Like 1

Didn't see this posted.    Maybe a Connie Clark situation with Brad Hill.    B12 needs to get stronger.

MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP) — Kansas State baseball coach Brad Hill will step down after this season as the school's winningest coach, ending a tenure that includes four NCAA regional appearances and a Super Regional berth.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/baseball/2018/05/08/k-state-baseball-coach-brad-hill-to-step-down-after-season/34703009/

COACHING SCOOP: Some names I’m hearing on @KStateBSB include: #Iowa’s Rick Heller, #OleMiss assistant Mike Clement, #SHSU’s Matt Deggs and a surprise candidate, #CofC’s Chad Holbrook. Solid stable of candidates, hearing #KSU is making a $$ commitment as well. #KState

WV beat Tech 12-4. 

Tadlock has gone 1-2, 1-2, 1-2, 1-2, 0-2, 1-2 in his 6 Big 12 tournaments.

Kind of interesting. Again, gets back to the point that some coaches don't really care about conference tournaments if their seeding is locked up for a regional/super regional. I wouldn't say "Tech has been throwing Big 12 tournament games", but they haven't exactly been all in (especially these last few years). 

Edited by texasstrong12

17 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

That's bad for the horns since it keeps WV in the top 50 in RPI and ensures that we end up with a losing record against the RPI top 50

There's a lot of teams ahead of us in RPI that have losing records against RPI top 50. 

USF (10-13), Jacksonville (4-9), East Carolina (9-11), Duke (6-7), A&M (14-15). Auburn is only 19-19 and Tennessee Tech has played a grand total of 6 games against RPI top 50 teams. 

I doubt our record against RPI top 50 teams will be what keeps us from hosting. Now maybe the raw RPI numbers do, but not that. 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

Maybe Tech did have something to play for. I figured they had a national seed locked up. 

If he had something to play for Tadlock is the world's biggest dumb ass.  The pitcher he started in game one was a rare starter with an era over 8.  The 2nd game starter was primarily a reliever this season.  Didn't start any of his 3 main starters until game 3, not even starting his best one.  Not sure what his thought process was.

Edited by pigmeat markham

18 minutes ago, pigmeat markham said:

Oklahoma columnist says only KU, OU, Baylor and TCU were trying to win.

https://newsok.com/article/5595788/coaches-arent-prioritizing-big-12-tournament

I don't think he's that far off base. The way Tadlock and Pierce handled their arms wasn't what you see from teams going "all in". 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 hour ago, pigmeat markham said:

I've got to agree.

I have to feel like there's a chance Tadlock might end up with egg on his face regarding the national seed.  Don't think it ultimately will matter though.  I don't really look for Tech to make it out of their regional to be honest.

This has been going on for years but I'm not really sure what the solution is. Get rid of the auto-bid and conference tournament? 

It's not just a Big 12 thing either. If anyone is watching Florida in the SEC tournament they could give 2 shits about playing in that tournament. The #1 overall RPI team has been outscored 18-2 today. 

I think the idea of an auto-bid makes things fun but I tend to agree with Tramel that more often than not it's just bad baseball. Unless I was a fan that lived right down the road I sure wouldn't have an incentive to attend based on how coaches handle these type tournaments. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Yes they are. Sometimes it seems like they are given more credit for getting hot over a weekend than for teams that actually earned a conference title.  It's all about the money. 
They absolutely are and I don't get it. A few years back when we won the conference outright, everyone referred to TCU as the Big 12 champs. No, they were the conference tournament champs. There's a difference.