Oklahoma 13 - 8   33 - 19 .635
Texas Tech 12 - 9   35 - 15 .700
Baylor 11 - 10   30 - 18 .625
TCU 10 - 10   29 - 19 .604
West Virginia 8 - 13   26 - 23 .531
Kansas 6 - 14   23 - 27 .460
Kansas State 5 - 19   20 - 30 .400

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Looks like if Texas sweeps and oSu drops two we tie? And we likely get the tie breaker? If Texas sweeps and oSu is swept we win outright. If we win 2/3 and oSu is swept we tie again. Do I have that right?

Correct.  Just like basketball, and football in 2014, the teams would be considered "Co-champions" if they have the same record at the end of the season, but Texas would be the No. 1 seed in the Big 12 tournament due to head-to-head.

It's created kind of a conundrum, bc if Ok St limps to their regular season conference crown, Texas and TTU could be hosts for regionals while Ok St wouldn't be. Not saying that's never happened before, but I'm sure it's rare.

Even though Baylor helped Texas out a lot, Ok St is still firmly in the driver's seat. Even if Texas is perfect, OSU only has to win 1 game to be considered co-champs, and 2 to be outright

Typical tcu to get hot when it matters when people think they’re falling off. Still, this year’s hole they dug was far deeper than any years past. Coupled with the fact that they’ve had some terrible luck with injuries. 

Starting to think with how congested teams ranked 9-25 is becoming, it could legitimately take a sweep to stay in serious hosting contention. 

Thats not all bad though. I’d take the Stetson or Minnesota regional projections rather than being host matched up with the 1-3 overall national seeds in supers along with probably one of the best 2 seeds of all the regionals

Reposting here... where it belongs not in Texas thread. Sorry

Don't want to start a new topic about the MSU Baseball Coach search but the Hot name that is looking very realistically is Jim Schlossnagle

Opinions on Schloss? and how happy would Texas be to get him out of the conference. 

I have watched a handful of games between y'all and it's always very entertaining. 

Other names being mentioned are Dan McDonnell and Tim Corbin. Tadlock of Tech was mentioned also but Cohen is all but saying we have our guy already. 

Quotes from an Interview with AD John Cohen interview yesterday on a radio show. 

Will this position pay 1.5 mil+? "The coaches we are considering make a lot of money. This position will pay at the top of the scale"

- The new coach has multiple CWS experience 

- The interest for this job has been above my expectations. We've had interest from Hall of Fame coaches. 

- We will not disrupt someone's season by naming coach early. 
Edited by msudawg

3 hours ago, msudawg said:

Reposting here... where it belongs not in Texas thread. Sorry

Opinions on Schloss? and how happy would Texas be to get him out of the conference. 

No need to be sorry,   We are not the most organized.

Schloss is one of the best.    His strength is the staff he hires and he is the CEO.    It would be a loss to the B12 if he departs.   Most would prefer he stay.

Guest Lobo

Our friends in Lubbock taking care of business (no jinx).  

So here we go if I have this right at 37,000ft. and 6 drinks into the flight:

We split with TCU, OSU loses two Tech: Texas #1

We split with TCU, OSU splits with Tech: Texas #2

We split with TCU, OSU wins two vs. Tech: Texas #2

We win both TCU, OSU loses two Tech: Texas #1

We win both TCU, OSU splits with Tech: Texas #1

We win both TCU, OSU wins two vs. Tech: Texas #2

I won't entertain the notion we drop the next two versus TCU.  

Even a pessimist, regardless of OSU's conundrum, would say we split versus TCU this weekend and take 2 or 3 in OKC next weekend...we actually have to make plans to host a regional or be #2 while Stetson comes to Austin from their podunk stadium to be #1 seed.  

43 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So we are 2 clear of ou with 2 to play and th tiebreaker, right?  #2 seed locked in and hunting for 1?

Correct, thanks to the guts from Nolan Kingham and a hilarious choke on behalf of the gooners. They scored 4 runs in the top of the ninth, then surrendered 4 runs in the bottom of the gram and lost it in the 10th. They could miss out on the field of 64 if they keep screwing around

Baylor is right on the top 50 RPI line.  Need them to win at WVU.  We will have a nice, competitive top tier RPI record if so.  We are currently at #17 in the RPI.  

Sweep TCU, and sweep the Big 12 tournament for a National seed?  I mean, we are Texas, right?

Edited by Austin Orange

15 hours ago, X-Wing @Aliciousness said:

Correct, thanks to the guts from Nolan Kingham and a hilarious choke on behalf of the gooners. They scored 4 runs in the top of the ninth, then surrendered 4 runs in the bottom of the gram and lost it in the 10th. They could miss out on the field of 64 if they keep screwing around

Not surprised. I figured they would end up 4th or 5th in the conference after we played them.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Seems like the more advantageous game time should go to the top seed (however "advantageous" would be defined).

The time is set up to get the most Okies out there to watch Oklahoma State. Keeping the number of Okies in the stands as low as possible benefits Texas. So therefore the times are most advantageous to both teams.

The time is set up to get the most Okies out there to watch Oklahoma State. Keeping the number of Okies in the stands as low as possible benefits Texas. So therefore the times are most advantageous to both teams.

Fuck ou