2018 Big 12 Baseball Thread

Horny Bull

5 hours ago, 35dimes said:

How the fuck do we win the OSU, OU, and Tech series but not win the conference.
Fucking KSU and WVU that's why.
If we don't get a regional hosting, that's why.

I believe you're the first one with that take on things

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Tech doing it's best to tank their national seed

Yep, and with OSU next they may be blowing it to host a regional as well.  They were a good pick for Omaha at the beginning of the season.  Now not so much.

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Dbu has some wins against big programs this year. Without looking, I’d think they might be in line for a regional?  Or a not fun 2 seed somewhere in Texas or Oklahoma?

Yeah but Tech is already on thin ice

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

Yeah but Tech is already on thin ice

Yep,  they really don't have a consistent 3rd starter and have been rotating 3 catchers without much production,  not a good combination.    Had a good catcher last year,   Berglund, who transferred for unknown reasons after his freshman year.    Losing their ace pitcher Gingery to tj surgery is finally beginning to show. 

Guest Lobo

What are the chances if OSU or Tech gets a host seed and we are a #2, that they send us to one of those places?  It's unusual to get sent to a conference opponent right out of the gate, no?  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

What are the chances if OSU or Tech gets a host seed and we are a #2, that they send us to one of those places?  It's unusual to get sent to a conference opponent right out of the gate, no?  

Zero. That's either a written or unwritten rule. Won't happen.

Gonna be hard for Tech to fall out of hosting discussion altogether with their collective resume. Ok State also in tremendous position with their stranglehold on the conference regular season title thus far

Looks like Texas will need to win 3 of 4 next week, and probably even some work to do in the conf tournament just to secure it. Texas’s crap losses have really crippled their rpi. It’ll be hard to imagine a scenario where the Big 12 gets 3 hosts, but I guess that’s not impossible. Ok st really screwed the conference with such a bad showing at Iowa

If baylor can somehow knock osu down a few pegs, that would be great for Texas. It’ll take a miracle, but as I’m sure many of you have done the math, it’ll require either ok st going 2-4 in their last 6 games with Texas sweeping tcu, or 1-5 with Texas taking 2 of 3 from the frogs. 

Obviously a long shot, but not impossible. Ok St’s magic number is 3 wins, so they’re clearly in a dream position with 6 games to go

Edited by X-Wing @Aliciousness

1 hour ago, X-Wing @Aliciousness said:

Gonna be hard for Tech to fall out of hosting discussion altogether with their collective resume. Ok State also in tremendous position with their stranglehold on the conference regular season title thus far

Looks like Texas will need to win 3 of 4 next week, and probably even some work to do in the conf tournament just to secure it. Texas’s crap losses have really crippled their rpi. It’ll be hard to imagine a scenario where the Big 12 gets 3 hosts, but I guess that’s not impossible. Ok st really screwed the conference with such a bad showing at Iowa

If baylor can somehow knock osu down a few pegs, that would be great for Texas. It’ll take a miracle, but as I’m sure many of you have done the math, it’ll require either ok st going 2-4 in their last 6 games with Texas sweeping tcu, or 1-5 with Texas taking 2 of 3 from the frogs. 

Obviously a long shot, but not impossible. Ok St’s magic number is 3 wins, so they’re clearly in a dream position with 6 games to go

Last week probably jaded me and my confidence is completely shattered, but I feel like 2-4 for OSU is very possible.  Hell, 1-5 or -06 wouldn't shock me.  I'm hoping TCU can win a game vs UT and we somehow pull out two wins vs BU and TT.  I sure wouldn't give up on the conference championship yet.  We looked like total dog shit last week.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

Last week probably jaded me and my confidence is completely shattered, but I feel like 2-4 for OSU is very possible.     

I've been saying this.

3 games on the road against Baylor who has won 12 games in a row and is fighting for a postseason birth. Baylor is also really good at home (17-6). Then 3 games at home against a good Tech team who is fighting for a national seed. That is not an easy finish. 

Texas likely has to sweep TCU which probably won't happen, but a 2-4 finish for Oklahoma State is not out of the question. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Yep. Any of y’all thinking it’s a foregone conclusion we win the conference have never followed the Pokes closely. We invented the shitplosion of unexpected self destruction. Regardless of sport.

We also tried to get cute with our Friday pitching...which is how it starts.

13 hours ago, Homercles said:

Yep. Any of y’all thinking it’s a foregone conclusion we win the conference have never followed the Pokes closely. We invented the shitplosion of unexpected self destruction. Regardless of sport.

We also tried to get cute with our Friday pitching...which is how it starts.

So Friday pitcher goes today? Interesting strategy there Cotton.

11-6 final.      Baylor's 13 game winning streak ends but quite a run.
Attendance from TV looked well under 1K.      Mother's Day weekend I suppose,  but not good for Baylor and college baseball.

They were all sitting up higher where there’s shade and a breeze. Someone who was there figured attendance at 1500.

Really need a Baylor win tomorrow. They slipped back to 58 in RPI.  Need them in in top 50 so our 3 wins will qualify in that tier.
Obviously, we also need another OSU loss. 
Good to see TCU win as well. Need them as highly ranked as possible for our last series.

Getting your wish. Pokes may cough up the conference at this rate

BU up 4-0 in the 6th

Arkie up 4-1 in the 8th

BTW, I just subscribed to vue.playstation.com last night to get the ncaa playoffs and some NBA.  Pretty good deal with the core package.  LHN included if in Texas.(surcharge for it if out of Texas I believe)

12 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

Baylor up top 8th, 7-0

If Baylor holds on, what does Texas need to do?

If Baylor chokes, what does Texas need to do? 

I believe if Tech wins 2/3 against Baylor we would need to sweep TCU. If Tech sweeps Baylor then we would only need to win 2? That's under the assumption Baylor holds on today. 

I haven't looked at this close enough. 

Somebody else will have a better idea. 

7 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

Baylor up top 8th, 7-0

If Baylor holds on, what does Texas need to do?

If Baylor chokes, what does Texas need to do? 

Sweep Frogs and hope for Tech to take 2 of 3. Much more doable now that the rapists came through 

2 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I believe if Tech wins 2/3 against Baylor we would need to sweep TCU. If Tech sweeps Baylor then we would only need to win 2? That's under the assumption Baylor holds on today. 

I haven't looked at this close enough. 

Somebody else will have a better idea. 

I just assume you’re correct because we took 2 of 3 from Cowboys and we are ranked higher. We’d be tied in conf standings but cannot see a scenario where we wouldn’t win tiebreaker, esp with Cowboys losing 6 of 9 down stretch (for rankings purposes).