2018 Big 12 Baseball Thread

Horny Bull

57 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Cowboys sweep Ou sucks 9-2...uhhh like 3 HR?  Don’t know what to say, total Jekyll/Hyde of a season...had to steal the remote at a buddies house and try to explain why I needed to watch college baseball more than their rerun of Empire.  

Ooh David Boren is not going to like that

20 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Ooh David Boren is not going to like that

Then maybe they shoulda worked harder not to get out scored 27-3 in the series.  

Have no idea where the season will go, hoping we didn’t peak too early as Baylor is on fire and Tech knows how to hit...but beating OU is always fun and it’s nice to have one coach that knows how (Holliday is like 20-6 or something)

Edited by Homercles

Kansas St. is 1-14 against teams not named Texas in the Big 12. Their only other win was against West Virginia, the team that embarrassed us this past weekend.

It's basically beat Tech in this next series, or Texas is going to be a 3 in some regional primed to get spanked. Especially with their current pitching situation. Pathetic.

9 hours ago, X-Wing @Aliciousness said:

Kansas St. is 1-14 against teams not named Texas in the Big 12. Their only other win was against West Virginia, the team that embarrassed us this past weekend.

It's basically beat Tech in this next series, or Texas is going to be a 3 in some regional primed to get spanked. Especially with their current pitching situation. Pathetic.

Ah. we are back to this are we?

This team drives me nuts. You go from starting to think they are turning the corner...and then you have Saturday's 8th inning. Ah well. Whenever I feel really bad about them they pull of a long winning streak so maybe I am doing them a favor.

Edited by Valmy77

5 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

But I thought just getting into the post season tourney meant a successful season

I am having a hard time figuring out who you are mocking here with your sarcasm. Certainly no Texas Baseball fans.

15 hours ago, Homercles said:

Then maybe they shoulda worked harder not to get out scored 27-3 in the series.  

Have no idea where the season will go, hoping we didn’t peak too early as Baylor is on fire and Tech knows how to hit...but beating OU is always fun and it’s nice to have one coach that knows how (Holliday is like 20-6 or something)

It really is crazy how Holiday completely and totally dominates OU.   I mean... winning 20/26 baseball games over 6 seasons against ANYBODY is crazy, let alone a conference rival.

Fuck yeah.  Fuck OU.

10 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

It really is crazy how Holiday completely and totally dominates OU.   I mean... winning 20/26 baseball games over 6 seasons against ANYBODY is crazy, let alone a conference rival.

Fuck yeah.  Fuck OU.

Last year was the best as we needed to sweep to make the conference tourney, then won the whole thing to get the auto bid.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, UncleCharlie said:

They shit the bed against us in baseball like we shit the bed against them in football.  It's maddening.

To me, shitting the bed was having the ball late in a close Bedlam yet losing by ten in a shootout where we scored what shoulda been enough to win a football game.  

This year’s baseball Bedlam has been an ass whooping.  Winning those three games was huge to maintain a chance to win the reg season title and they dominated.

But we gotta go to Waco and host Tech, we have probably the hardest remaining schedule in our league.  Hope we can keep that lightening bottled up.   

We're swinging the bats better than I can remember since 1996.  We have power in 8 of the 9 spots when Cash plays and 9 of 9 when Rosa does.

Not sure if that would translate to Ameritrade Park in Omaha, but it has sure been fun to watch the last month and a half.

OKSt  future is bright with a great coach like Josh and the new stadium on the horizon.       But don't forget the great staff Josh assembled,  Walton and Vilade.     Need to hold on to those two.       

6 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I am having a hard time figuring out who you are mocking here with your sarcasm. Certainly no Texas Baseball fans.

When facing criticism of Pierce, some on this board have used "making the postseason" as measure of success compared to Augie's 1st three years.  My guess is he is responding to those comments or something similar.    

3 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

So we play ORU tonight.  I'm sure we'll lose because that's what we do against ORU.

Here's a crazy stat: Josh is 20-6 against OU but 3-9 against ORU.  Go figure.

As is tradition.  Down 0-6 after Basso got hammered, we’re hitless with RISP.  Insane.  

Tuesday (5/1):

San Diego @ Texas Tech (TTU 11-6)

Maryland @ West Virginia (WVU 9-5)

TCU @ Abilene Christian (TCU 4-0)

Oklahoma State @ Oral Roberts (ORU 6-5)

Texas State @ Texas (UT 11-10)

Wednesday (5/2):

Kansas @ Missouri State

Wichita State @ Kansas State

Dallas Baptist @ TCU

Edited by Horny Bull

2 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

Tuesday (5/1):

San Diego @ Texas Tech (TTU 11-6)

Maryland @ West Virginia (WVU 9-5)

TCU @ Abilene Christian (ACU 4-0)

Oklahoma State @ Oral Roberts (ORU 6-5)

Texas State @ Texas (UT 11-10)

Wednesday (5/2):

Kansas @ Missouri State

Wichita State @ Kansas State

Dallas Baptist @ TCU

That should be TCU 4 ACU 0.

On 5/1/2018 at 9:40 AM, oSuJeff97 said:

Fuck yeah.  Fuck OU.

Maybe Gundy could learn a thing or two from Holiday....

Maybe Gundy could learn a thing or two from Holiday....
If only Gundy wasn't up against one of the top programs in college football history. Not really the same situation in baseball.

Agreed though...it would be nice if we could win a few of those.

Standings
School Big 12   Overall Pct.
Oklahoma State 15 - 3   28 - 17 - 1 .620
Texas 14 - 7   33 - 18 .647
Oklahoma 13 - 8   31 - 18 .633
Texas Tech 12 - 9   35 - 14 .714
Baylor 9 - 9   26 - 17 .605
TCU 8 - 9   27 - 18 .600
West Virginia 7 - 11   24 - 21 .533
Kansas 5 - 12   22 - 25 .468
Kansas State 3 - 18   18 - 29 .383

Depending on what happens this weekend between TCU and WV, it might be in TCU's best interest to just throw the Texas series and conserve arms. 

There's a 4 day break between the TCU/Texas series and the Big 12 tournament. If TCU needs the auto-bid (which is looking likely) our series with them might be interesting. I certainly wouldn't extend my starters if I knew I needed the auto-bid.

If TCU has nothing to play for against Texas why would you throw your starters more than a few innings? I would save them for the Big 12 tournament. 

Edited by texasstrong12

I don’t suppose many of you spend much time on texags (which, why would you even want to subject yourselves to losing brain cells while reading their opinions?), but they’ve had a true meltdown over the rankings that came out today. 

They trashed some of the pollsters so much, that Kendall Rogers, d1 editor/owner and aggy grad (and by all accounts a good baseball writer and never comes across biased) had to interject and defend his site. Lol

True to form, aggy was much less concerned, albeit still concerned to a degree, about being unranked as much as they were FUCKING FURIOUS that those dreaded t-sips moved up as high as they did. I emplore y’all to read later, because their tears never cease to result in hilarity

Edited by X-Wing @Aliciousness
  • Like 1

They throw out our record vs sec teams, which at 1-5 is not good. But all 6 were road games, and not all weekend games. That does skew things a little. 

Of their list of big 12 vs sec games, I think most of those games were at the sec team. 

Lastly, I agree with them that we’d not hold up as well in the sec as we have in the big 12, but I bet we’d be similar to their conference record so they shouldn’t be outraged when we are ranked similarly, or for the time being slightly higher. 

Also, is that correct that ole miss is 13-11 in conference and a top ten team?

Edited by Pato del Muerto