2018 ACL Music Festival

South Austin

Here's the Lolla lineup. They will crossover at least six acts of the top two lines.
Bruno Mars is out, since he's playing F1 a few weeks later. My guesses are The Weeknd, Arctic Monkeys, The National, Vampire Weekend, Odesza, and Khalid.

I have no idea who is touring at that time so I have no guesses for other headliners. Just will say that I'm still hoping for that elusive Bruce Springsteen ACL set.

lol18-admat-v31-2da704f4.jpg

Edited by Tired of Lurking

10 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I'd like them to do one stage with just a head scratching line up...

• ICP
  • Lil' Xan
  • Molly Hatchet
  • Right Said Fred
  • Chumbawumba
  • Deicide

Deicide-that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time.  That would be awesome. I most enjoyed Cafe Tacuba back in the day. That set was a nice juxtaposition to lily white core of the festival.

i miss FFF

Lineup to be released first few days of may.... if Metallica does not work will be Jack White and prob The Weekend.

Which gives me a dissapoint.

They are trying to finalize a big hip hop name also. Was not told who. (Ya ya I know. Send me your 9.95)

Personally (and this is just my opinion based on a few convos) there is some concern about Chicago being a “b” event. So Austin booking is done with Chicago in mind.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2018 at 10:04 PM, Tired of Lurking said:

Here's the Lolla lineup. They will crossover at least six acts of the top two lines.
Bruno Mars is out, since he's playing F1 a few weeks later. My guesses are The Weeknd, Arctic Monkeys, The National, Vampire Weekend, Odesza, and Khalid.

I have no idea who is touring at that time so I have no guesses for other headliners. Just will say that I'm still hoping for that elusive Bruce Springsteen ACL set.

I would not mind The Weeknd or Travis Scott (they put on great shows).  Khalid is someone I have yet to see either and wouldn't mind that.  Also noticed Metallica is taking a one month break in their tour from Sept 15  to Oct. 16th...that sets up perfect for ACL.  Smashing Pumpkins ends their tour a month earlier so don't think they would headline even though I'd go fucking apeshit if they did.  Eminem would be great if it were to happen.

Someone that has never played ACL that would be great is SZA.  I'm going to see her in Austin in May but I would still catch her set if she played.

Edited by CowboyFred

Tickets on sale this month. I'm guessing the 26th. The lineup usually comes out a few hours before tickets go on sale. 

Highly Likely

Artist Reasoning/Notes Source
Asleep At The Wheel They've played every ACL Fest ever, and no reason to believe they'll stop this year  
Childish Gambino Tour extends into mid-October with bot Sat & Sun dates open. In Pheonix before W1 and in Denver & Nashville between W1 & W2. Plus, C3 booker said they tried to book Gambino for Lolla but couldn't, so the C3 interest is definitely there. Tour Dates
David Byrne Tour extends into early October with a Dallas date 10/6. Probably a sub in the 7-10 range on the bill. Tour Dates
Travis Scott Leaked tour dates include both ACL weekends Link

The National, David Byrne, and Imagine Dragons were all in the South American Lolla lineups this spring.  Metallica was the headliner down there last year.  I wouldn't be surprised to see all of these acts at ACL.  Also look for Post Malone to have an evening set.

1 minute ago, Viper said:

Post Malone? Isn't he playing Austin 360 in June?

Janelle Monae hinted on twitter that should be at ACL 

Didn't realize that. Imagine Dragons are here this summer, too.  Of course, C3/Livenation book Austin 360 also.  I think its safe to assume anyone in their current rotation could be at ACL except the people that headlined last year.

14 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I think it's a pretty good start.  I'm not the biggest Florence + The Machine Fan, but her performance at ACL a few years ago was enjoyable, and she usually brings out the titties. 

Like Tove Lo?

I don't actually consider my music tastes as particularly old, but man, ACL is such a beating.  Outside of Royal Blood & Beck, I struggle to think of seriously great sets in the past few I've attended. 

OK, Spoon, but that's an odd case for Austinites.