Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

Baileys is a unknown gem in downtown about as old school as you can get. We’d eat there occassionally. That beer at Angelo’s might have been the coldest beer on earth in those double frosted glasses. Ate there about once a week for years. A regular spot for taking out of town business visitors.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fud gettin’ big time out west. 

The Austin-based Tex-Mex restaurant chain Chuy’s is coming to Hudson Oaks in the summer of 2024. 

The 6,650-square-foot Parker County restaurant is estimated to cost $2.6 million. That will include building the restaurant from the ground up as well as exterior and interior finishes. 

Chuy’s Hudson Oaks will be located at 2701 E. Interstate 20. Construction is expected to start Jan. 9 and estimated to be completed Aug. 6. A Lewisville construction company, Parkway Construction & Architecture, will be in charge of the project. 

Fud gettin’ big time out west. 
The Austin-based Tex-Mex restaurant chain Chuy’s is coming to Hudson Oaks in the summer of 2024. 
The 6,650-square-foot Parker County restaurant is estimated to cost $2.6 million. That will include building the restaurant from the ground up as well as exterior and interior finishes. 
Chuy’s Hudson Oaks will be located at 2701 E. Interstate 20. Construction is expected to start Jan. 9 and estimated to be completed Aug. 6. A Lewisville construction company, Parkway Construction & Architecture, will be in charge of the project. 

Pretty sure I read that’s going next to Cheddars. Cheddars original agreement was no restaurant in the shared lot.

Can’t say I’ve had Chuy’s more than once or twice. Mexican besides La Playa Maya is welcome though.

Me and my buddies camped out overnight for the grand opening of that BDubs. Had to be 2007 or so. The first 50 or something people were gonna get free wings for a year. There were bros in line with playstations set up and everything, was a giant party. Somehow we ended up first in line and went straight to the bar. The free wings turned out to be a coupon book with 52 Free 6 Wings coupons with dates on them so you could use one a week. Glory days

• Like 1

Texas-TCU Tailgate

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11 | 4:30 p.m. tailgate, 6:30 p.m. kickoff
HYATT PLACE TCU | 3029 Sandage Avenue Fort Worth, TX 76109

With our move to the SEC, this will be our last game against TCU. Join us to cheer on the Horns and raise money for scholarships!

Tailgate starts at 4:30 p.m. with the game starting at 6:30 p.m.

We'll have games, a buffet, drink specials, vendors and much more. Indoor and outdoor areas. If you don't have tickets to the game, it will be on!

Self-parking is available at the hotel plus free parking on the street is first come first serve. Shuttles will run from the hotel to Frog Alley next to the stadium every half hour starting 3 hours prior to kickoff.

Military, veteran and Texas Exes discounts with code TxExDiscount. Early bird ticket pricing ends at noon on Tuesday, Nov. 7. 

Buy Your Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/texas-tcu-tailgate-tickets-742730897107

10 hours ago, bluto said:

Any recs on a roofing/gutter company? Need gutters installed, already have a bid coming from Frazier. 

Roof replaced as well or just gutters? I used Joe Hunnicutt - Primus Roofing, for my roof. He's got a gutter guy (husband wife team) that did a great job.