Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

Had to talk my wife out of going on Saturday, gonna be brutal.

Today is my only weekday off in the last three weeks. So naturally mine decided we need to take the kids to the zoo on probably the busiest damn day of the year. I hate crowds. I hate people. I really, really hate crowds of people. But the kids had fun and there was a couple of decent things to look at amongst all of the Johnson county whales at the splash pad.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I read that four of the gun shot wounds went to Harris Southwest. I'm pretty sure that was by car. I seriously doubt an ambulance is taking them to Harris Southwest. And if I have a trauma, harris southwest is not where I would want to go, especially when harris downtown and jps is much closer

They tore down the Wendy's on 7th Street and look to be getting ready to build something new. Anyone know what's going on there? 
Based on previous history, Bank opens up as a -450 betting favorite.
Wendy's is the Terry Black bbq/burger place. The stuff on the other side of In and Out that was just cleared is the Van Zandt development.

https://fortworthinc.com/news/new-mixed-use-development-coming-to-the-west-seventh-corrido/
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

When I worked in downtown Ft Worth my out of town guests would always want to eat lunch at some great local spot. Amazingly, once I took them to Smoke Pit, that was the only place they’d want to go.

Unlike the modern soulless breasterant, they not only had hood barbecue but those girls had big tits and often behaved like they would fuck you on the table.

I’ve been once and it was very good. It is very expensive.

We didn’t order things we can get at El Fenix or Fuel City or can make at home. So skipped steaks, lingua tacos, guac.

Got the ceviche, which might have been the best Ive ever had to start. Wife got the Chilean sea bass in mole negro, I got the braised cabrito in black mole. Both were fantastic. But…I think he could have a slightly bigger menu. I don’t enjoy trying to build a meal when apps salads and entrees share so many ingredients. Also, I start the meal annoyed a bit seeing $9 tortilla chips with salsa.

We spent $160 with zero alcohol and like most expensive places these days we were disappointed. We rarely eat out fancy these days; after living all over in places like San Fran and Portland and lots of travel on expense accounts thru the incredible expansion of American Foodism there was a letdown. My wife said “loved that fish. 52 fucking dollars?” Nope. We just had that let down feeling of spending so much on a meal. We rarely do it anymore.

Frankly I get that thrill in food more when I make something killer, or go to a place like Zavalas bbq and see this guy building his dream in a humble place, or at a great sushi joint.

Take a look at the menus online and read the reviews. It’s a great restaurant with impeccable service. If you’re a real foodie like I was at one time you’ll enjoy it. If I were to return I’d probably go for either lunch or brunch.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, cafe society said:

A friend of mine and his wife have recommended Don Artemio for when my wife and I come to Fort Worth next month.  If you all discussed this place, I overlooked it.  Any opinions on the place?

It's really good. As said above, pretty pricey. But the steak I had was fantastic. I'd say it was worth it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Had the braised cabrito there, it was good but braised anything just tastes kinda bland/the same to me. Only ordered bc the server pushed it hard. The service was very very good though and it’s a cool spot. For big night out Grace is my rec. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

61 Osteria is owned by the Grace people, and it's a great spot as well. The focaccia and the dips that come with it are excellent. Good cocktails.

We’ve only been to 61 Osteria once and were fairly underwhelmed, especially for the price. Had the Prosciutto di Parma and Rosemary Focaccia to start, which were both great. I had the tagliatelle bolognese which was basically average but I definitely make a better bolognese at home on a bad day. Wife had the carbonara which was below average. With 2 cocktails and a bottle of wine, plus tax and tip, it was $259.

We are picky about Italian food and pasta. There’s lots of mediocre and bad pasta out there, but there’s no excuse for it at that price point.

I think the best Italian in town is probably Piatello despite being in a weird location. They’ve been consistently good for us after ~5 visits.

Grace is good but my personal go-to is Ellerbe.

I enjoy Ellerbe too. It’s consistently good as well. I just love the Grace vibe and that lamb is killer. That being said I’ve eaten there once since Covid ended.

I don’t eat expensive high end Italian food. I know what that shit costs and simply refuse to hand over that kind of money for toast or noodles that I can make at home or get for a third the price at a neighborhood joint. Every restauranteur wants to do Italian because the margins are ducking huge.

Agreed on oesteria being just ok, cool space and service solid but just didn’t really do much for me especially at price point. 

waters is my other go to for higher end downtown, slight step below that and bigger pain in the ass for parking is pacific table. 

anybody been to quince yet?

Edited by bluto

9 hours ago, dmtx said:

Haven't been back to Panther City BBQ since they took over the Republic building. 

It's gotta be my favorite ribs. I dig their rub and glaze. Just a hint of sweetness 

20230714_110917.jpg

Had Panther City ribs on Tuesday and the Texas trio at Hurtado's in Arlington on Wednesday.  God it has been a glorious week.

• Hook 'Em 1