Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

On 2/11/2023 at 12:29 AM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Who has the best cheesesteak in this fair city? 

On 2/11/2023 at 2:28 PM, JOSEYWALES66 said:

It won't be the best but Jersey Mike's is pretty darn good. 

On 2/11/2023 at 2:30 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I’ve never had JM, but they’re opening one REAL close next month. 

On 2/11/2023 at 3:12 PM, Fudbelty said:

I like Jersey Mike’s. It’s probably my favorite chain sandwich shop.

On 2/11/2023 at 5:33 PM, Herbie Hancock said:

The cherry pepper spread at JM could make a turd sammich edible. Definitely the best chain around. 

#43, Chipotle Cheesesteak with japs & cherry pepper relish. Yep, that shit slapped, will definitely be back to try other versions. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It's been a year since I've been to Goldee’s. After recent trips to Brix and Dayne's, Goldee's tops them both on brisket and ribs. Sausage is equal. But I prefer the grits, Cole slaw, and bread you get at Goldee’s.

20230331_121217.jpg

• Like 3

The bread at Goldee’s is brilliance. It’s perfect with the meats but it’s also a huge profit item. $6 a loaf. Probably costs 50 cents to make. The idea that bbq is best with saltines or cheap white bread is just wrong.

Goldee’s sauces and rubs are on the shelves at Walmart here, soon to be at every one in Texas.

2 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I'd never heard of that joint before reading his strange rant last night. You have to be pretty damn unpopular to ask for help, then immediately crash & burn even worse. 

I went because I walked by it daily. Was pretty good. Solid cocktail spot. Just wondering if anyone saw the original post he was talking about. Anywho looks like a soup dumpling place and the Austin based asian restaurant Edge are coming to that area soon. Enjoy.

Edited by Hank_Hill

Foodie beef!!

(Long-ish post: If it is too early for coffee then enjoy some tea)

Hey, y'all, this is Trey breaking the fourth wall here with a helpful word of warning. For your benefit, do not try to share posts about us on a quite large "Foodies" page here in the Fort. Doing so will get you automatically banned from that page and that hurts other local businesses in the long run.

I have to give this tip about every six months or so because we field questions about our lack of presence on that page ALL the time. Our little sugar bread shop gets recognized all the time in local and state media, our reviews are stellar, and we fight hard to do things right. However, you won't know we exist on the largest FW food page on Facebook with over 100k followers.

I'm sure you're wanting to know the full tea, but I try to handle things with integrity and will be respectful. In short, a few years ago, a post was made on another Foodie page that was upset about businesses paying for advertising and suggested a boycott. I gently pushed back on that with a comment, stating that in our pop-up days I had naively advertised for a month just trying to get word out, but it was a mistake that I regretted.

That comment led the admin to ban our page. When I sought reconciliation just for customers to be able to post their reviews, I was met instead with a keyword block for our business. For context, this was during peak early COVID while we were fighting hard.

Reconciliation and integrity is important to me. I have reached out time and again to ask simply for our customers to be able to share posts and experiences without them being banned and the keyword block to be lifted. This seems to have only made things worse. I was contacted last night and told that two customers were banned for trying to show support.

In an even stranger turn of events, during a recent attempt to reach out, I was met with slanderous and false accusations about my character. These were so false that I believe the admin either literally has me confused for someone else or is willing to make up falsehoods to justify their actions. I only bring this up in case anyone has heard things that would malign my character - just know that I'm the only one who gets to do that around here.

For what it's worth, I am in good company. There are many finest establishments and celebrated chefs in our city that are in the same situation.

Feel free to safely share posts on some other great local pages who openly promote our city's great small businesses:

Fort Worth: I Ate This Food And I Liked It
The Kitchen: Fort Worth
Funky Town Foodies!
817 Foodies
Find it Fort Worth
DFW Foodies Group
Fort Worth Food Reviews
Eat With Me FW
Dine Out DFW!
The Dallas-Fort Worth Restaurant Scene

I'm sure there are more great pages out there so feel free to share them in the comments. Also, if you choose to comment, please keep a respectful tone.
[/Quote]

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0RQc7qfZrkgu6ycSgoqWKesJLUs3xVfpRLYiqPrPVGuLgt6zem2B53YXAvucCtThVl&id=100063705694011&mibextid=Nif5oz

Had a campechana torta from the Dona Susy taqueria in Shell. Don’t really know what campechana is, guess some kind of beef/chorizo mix, but that shit fucking slammed. 

Campechana is good when made properly. Who would have thought bat brains and scrotum could be so tasty?

Tried goat & vine this weekend, it’s not gonna break the curse despite how much money they seemed to have dumped into it. Got a table with no reservation without a wait prime time Friday. Server friendly but food took forever to come out despite not being at capacity and was probably 25% over priced for what it was quality/taste wise. Even a glass of wine took ~30 min to come out. No desire to give it another go. 

Gotta love how it took almost entirely missing the boat on the last ~5 yrs of red hot corporate relocations to Texas for FW to finally wake up. logistics centers around alliance ain’t cutting it for “job growth” as Dallas, north tollway corridor, and south/westlakes stole the show. Considering the city leadership has all but given up on downtown (‘the city is growing out not up’) and FWISD I have doubts. 

https://fortworthreport.org/2023/04/17/fort-worth-chambers-new-economic-development-plan-called-a-game-changer/

• 2 weeks later...
Out by Whitestone, Bella Colina Dr.  
Fu2HUm5XsAEws8r?format=jpg&name=large

Buddy lives around the corner, said mom was in Florida, dad & kids in Aledo for baseball. Fire trucks ran out of water, even pumped the pool, still burning. House built a year ago. That's a real shitty Friday night. 
My buddy also lives on that street and helped get the dogs out.cb154d811c5ea6da1a524916e02e55e3.jpg
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2023 at 3:03 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Got another jury summons today, but they didn’t hook me up with the sweet civil court assignment like last time during ‘Rona. Back to the cattle call room, I’m sure. 

You might be exempt if you've been summoned in the past 2 years.

• Like 1

I'm less than 2, but will probably go anyway. 

On 8/19/2021 at 2:30 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Anyone had jury duty since ‘Rona? Shittiest part back in the day was the huge cattle-call sitting in that one room just waiting for your name to be called. Well, now you answer all the basic questions online beforehand. So look what I get to do on Monday... 

Report directly to:

Judge Don Pierson

Monday, August 23, 2021 at 9:00 AM

Tom Vandergriff Civil Courts Building
Charles J. Murray Courtroom, 2nd Floor
100 North Calhoun, Fort Worth, TX, 76196 

Will probably be some shitty land-ownership case involving a Motel 6 owner I can’t understand. 

Don't want to get yelled at like ol' boy @wild_turkey did recently on the other thread!