Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

Goat and Vine (Montgomery Plaza).

I spur of the moment went there for drinks last night. We had to go by that Wells Fargo atm and we had time to kill before a dinner reservation at Clay Pigeon. Saw that Goat and Vine was open so we went inside and had drinks at the bar.

Nice ambience, good service, decent cocktails. Food menu looked promising but we weren’t there for that.

Main concern is that they supply their own wine and I feel like it could be the wine bar equivalent of a brewpub, which isn’t necessarily great.

I also agree they’ll be gone by Labor Day, based on that location’s track record.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, bluto said:

West Byers neighborhood, any thoughts on living there? Essentially near roy pope grocery. 

We live 5 minutes from there (Ridgmar).  Great neighborhood.  Roy Pope really wants to build that neighborhood vibe.  You are convenient to everything and would recommend

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/3/2023 at 10:15 AM, pch said:

The ramp is a pain but the real problem is sitting on the bridge on BI where two turn lanes exist.  After turning left there is always some a$$hole in the right lane who cuts over in front of the left lane that is merging causing a back up or worse, a wreck.  And having to yield on the ramp entering westbound I-20 when the lane is jammed up is truly one of the most remarkable failed engineering feats in TXDOT history.

On 2/3/2023 at 10:20 PM, NOMAAA said:

That whole Bryant Irvin to 20 area has been shit for years. Y’all remember the watermelon incident?

they used to launch hot air balloons from mont del over there. Buried my sisters dead hamster over there as a kid. rip holly

Good news, the Bryant Irvin exit is open. That stretch of on ramp and highway has been repaired, not just patched, but repaired. Drove over it last night. Much better. 

9 hours ago, Frank Erwin said:

We live 5 minutes from there (Ridgmar).  Great neighborhood.  Roy Pope really wants to build that neighborhood vibe.  You are convenient to everything and would recommend

always forget that ridgmar is either 5 or 15 minutes away from that side of town depending on how lucky you get on horne/roaring springs.

16 hours ago, bluto said:

West Byers neighborhood, any thoughts on living there? Essentially near roy pope grocery. 

I know a couple of doctors that moved into West Byers within the last three years, they like the hood.

I was two blocks from Roy Pope, lived in West Byers for 14 years off El Campo. I moved out in 2020. Only moved bcuz my 2/1 bungalow was going to cost too much to renovate. Great neighborhood. Easy access to I-30. Easy to get to Central Market. Tokyo Cafe and Little Lilly Sushi are close. 

Edited by dmtx
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 2/4/2023 at 1:26 PM, TornACL said:

Finally made it to Don Artemio today for lunch. Had the chef special, which was three small tostadas/tacos: 

1) Beef & Potato

2) Pulpo

3) Wagyu

This place fucking rules. 

if you like interior Mexican food, go. Of course it isn't cheap but I felt like I was back in Mexico City for an hour. I will be back.

Agree.  Took a friend of ours to celebrate her PhD and this place has it going on.  Atmosphere, 5* service, and a true interior Mexican menu that has options that keep me going back regularly. 

I’ve never had any hot sandwiches at Jersey Mikes but it’s the best chain cold sub out there. I always get the 13 Italian loaded with extra tomatoes, banana peppers, and that cherry relish. I tried the Cancro a month ago with roast beef, pepperoni, and provolone. Great with arbys horsey sauce back at the house.

On 1/16/2023 at 10:00 PM, sasquatch69 said:

I know it was mentioned above in the Grady Spears post, but we went to Fort Brewery for brunch on Saturday inbetween MTB rides. Brunch (chilaquiles) and beer were both stellar, and the vibe was great. I’m not in FW nearly as often as I used to be, so it’s nice to see more stuff popping on White Settlement. 

(Separate question: is the Mexican Inn on Henderson on the edge of downtown closed for good? It was closed up tight  at noon on a Saturday).

Late to the game, but I am told that Trinity bridge and roundabout boondoggle murdered it. 

Is the cherry pepper relish standard, or have to request? 

Just drove by the new location, they ain’t done much. 

It’s a no cost option. Along with things like banana pepper rings, jalapeños, other stuff, after the regular stuff. I use their app for ordering and track the points. Ordering on it is simple and mine pays attention to notes.

On 2/11/2023 at 8:33 PM, Doc Daneeka said:

Ugh. Between the shamblers at TCU and this, University will be useless between Berry and 30.

FYI.  It does appear that they are not reducing from 3 lanes to 2 each way.

https://www.fortworthtexas.gov/files/assets/public/tpw/documents/university-drive-phases1-and-2-presentation.pdf

They gone. 

After over half a century (56 years) of serving authentic German food in our genuine German Gasthaus décor and ambience, it is with a heavy heart that we announce the closing of our current location.

We want to express our sincere appreciation and gratitude for your patronage and support throughout the years.

We have enjoyed hosting thousands of family celebrations and romantic evenings with our delicious food and live music.

We are actively working to secure a new location and will keep you informed here as soon as we have any updates to share.

In the meantime, we want to invite you to join us for a final farewell every day the rest of this month at our current location. We will be open our normal hours every day until February 28th, this includes our normally closed days of Monday and Tuesday. Due to difficulty with our on-line reservations in making this change, please call us to make Monday and Tuesday reservations for those two days.

Thank you again for your loyalty and love for our restaurant. We will always cherish the memories and hope to see you soon at our new location which we will announce here.

Auf Wiedersehen… Edelweiss German Restaurant 

E3-A5-DD75-22-B0-4-ECE-A69-C-268-DEA7-EA

Magnolia won that battle in a hurry. 

Holy fuck. Lake Worth seems to attract the finest of society. They had a wackadoodle run from their cops a couple years ago in a stolen car and I believe he got out with a gun. Well shocking surprise the cops didn’t wait to find out what he planned to do with that gun and made Swiss cheese out of him. Gun was stolen. Kid was a felon. Good stuff.

A few years before that there was a mobile meth lab in the trunk of a beater car that exploded. 4 medical helicopters landing on 820 in the middle of rush hour to take some well-done critters to parkland to die a slow and painful death is a fun way to get stuck in traffic after a long day at work. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 6:30 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

What the fuck was this Karen doing at the time?

Fn-Rf9-Xd-X0-AAv-GCM.jpg

Fn-Rf9-Xi-Xo-AEm2-Z8.jpg

My GF’s brother lives off Boat Club. We went over there on Monday to take her niece out for the day and I saw the Scooter’s and the new sections of fence. Good times. I tried to explain why I was laughing, but it lost something in the translation. 

• Like 1

Shit, @DeepEastTexas qualifies. And he loves him some burgers. If there's some soccer on that day, he's really golden. 

World of Beer in Fort Worth will give free build your own burgers to patrons with the last name of any U.S. President on Monday, in celebration of Presidents Day.

The BYO Burger, is made with fresh Angus beef on a brioche bun and served with a free side of tater tots, fries or cole slaw. Customers can choose from a variety of sauces and cheeses, topping it off with fresh toppings. Certain toppings may have an additional charge.

“Everyone deserves a little presidential treatment every now and then, especially our loyal guests at WOB Bar & Kitchen,” James Buell, WOB Bar & Kitchen Chief Operating Officer, said in a statement. 

World of Beer, 3252 W 7th Street, restaurant hours are Monday-Thursday from 3-11 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. to midnight and Sunday from 11 a.m.-11 p.m.

The free BYO Burger is limited to one per customer and a valid ID must be shown. The offer is available all day Feb. 20. 

Shit, [mention=666]DeepEastTexas[/mention] qualifies. And he loves him some burgers. If there's some soccer on that day, he's really golden. 
World of Beer in Fort Worth will give free build your own burgers to patrons with the last name of any U.S. President on Monday, in celebration of Presidents Day.
The BYO Burger, is made with fresh Angus beef on a brioche bun and served with a free side of tater tots, fries or cole slaw. Customers can choose from a variety of sauces and cheeses, topping it off with fresh toppings. Certain toppings may have an additional charge.
“Everyone deserves a little presidential treatment every now and then, especially our loyal guests at WOB Bar & Kitchen,” James Buell, WOB Bar & Kitchen Chief Operating Officer, said in a statement. 
World of Beer, 3252 W 7th Street, restaurant hours are Monday-Thursday from 3-11 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. to midnight and Sunday from 11 a.m.-11 p.m.
The free BYO Burger is limited to one per customer and a valid ID must be shown. The offer is available all day Feb. 20. 
Damn, I only got a VP last name.

6 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Holy fuck. Lake Worth seems to attract the finest of society. They had a wackadoodle run from their cops a couple years ago in a stolen car and I believe he got out with a gun. Well shocking surprise the cops didn’t wait to find out what he planned to do with that gun and made Swiss cheese out of him. Gun was stolen. Kid was a felon. Good stuff.

A few years before that there was a mobile meth lab in the trunk of a beater car that exploded. 4 medical helicopters landing on 820 in the middle of rush hour to take some well-done critters to parkland to die a slow and painful death is a fun way to get stuck in traffic after a long day at work. 

Wait. What? 

Fort Worth's convention and visitors bureau repurposed a narration by the great Jimmy Stewart (from a 1970s city promotional film) for their gorgeous new ad promoting the city. Apparently Stewart invested in property around FW and served on the Zoo board in the 70s, so he was in town a lot - who knew?  
(Here's the original film: https://texasarchive.org/2015_02240)

Edited by sasquatch69