Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

53 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

At Johnny B’s next door now, this place fucking SUCKS. Been once many moons ago when it was Anthony’s. 

The first Google review of Johnny B's says so much without saying much at all... 

4 days ago
I am not going back to jonny bs until she learns how to do keraoke you cant let someone sing and play a song and exspect to keep singers.the way i see it if i wanted to listen to music i would stay at home.i go out to sing. Not listen to music.

I have an admission... I honestly didn’t realize Corsets was bikini only. We sat at the bar with our backs to the place, they can’t get fucking naked anymore, I guess because they failed to qualify themselves. It is now Corsets Bikini Club, or some shit like that. 

6 hours ago, spystud13 said:

I have an admission... I honestly didn’t realize Corsets was bikini only. We sat at the bar with our backs to the place, they can’t get fucking naked anymore, I guess because they failed to qualify themselves. It is now Corsets Bikini Club, or some shit like that. 

That would explain the free cover.

9 minutes ago, thestud said:

Didn’t I read a couple days ago that two chicks ran a dude down in the parking lot of one of the fine establishments there on Camp Bowie?

That was actually over at La Gran Plaza (Towncenter Mall).

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Argument-Hit-and-Run-at-Fort-Worth-Mall-Leaves-Man-Dead-PD-508255761.html

Been pretty slow on West Camp Bowie lately, we have only had a SWAT Team standoff and a blind man foiling a bank robbery in the past week.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/SWAT-Responds-to-Barricaded-Person-at-Fort-Worth-Motel-508254961.html

http://www.fox4news.com/news/legally-blind-citizen-helps-fort-worth-officers-in-struggle-with-armed-suspect

6 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

anyone elses water temporarily shut off this morning?  woke up at 545 and it was off.  waited til 6 and it was back on.  is this common?

Damn glad I saw this. I about shit my pants. My water wasn't off, but pressure was really low. I feared having to call a plumber. 

7 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

That would explain the free cover.

Funny part is they still had a little white girl checking IDs in the cubby-hole office in front of a full-body metal detector. Pretty sure my buddy set it off with his keys or some shit, but she sure as fuck wasn’t bothered enough to check. 

Officers with the Fort Worth Police Department are searching for a woman after a report of a fatal shooting near Lake Worth on Thursday morning. 

More than a dozen police units were sent to the 7700 block of Sommerville Place Road just before 10:30 a.m., according to call records. 

One man was found dead and homicide detectives are at the scene, Officer Tracy Carter said. He said the suspected shooter is a woman with blond hair and large teeth. Police said the suspect is believed to have been a friend or possibly related to the victim.

No other information was immediately available.

That’s an interesting description. Good luck. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, spystud13 said:

At Johnny B’s next door now, this place fucking SUCKS. Been once many moons ago when it was Anthony’s. 

Anthony's was a bar bar back in the day.  Sinbad's, Brass Rail, and end the night at Anthony's.  Yep, I'm old.

14 minutes ago, thestud said:

Spy what about J&J oyster bar? I know a guy that absolutely swears by that place.

Know a chick that has worked there forever, but I’ve never actually been. Have always heard pretty good things though, & it’s certainly been around for quite awhile. 

21 hours ago, thestud said:

Spy what about J&J oyster bar? I know a guy that absolutely swears by that place.

J&J used to have a trifecta-oyster bar, blues bar down on Henderson, and Hideaway on 7th.  The food is great at the oyster bar but not a good place to view basketball.  Better to eat there and then go hit Boomerjack's or some place on 7th for the games.

Where was Hideaway? Only went there a couple times, but can’t remember its exact location. 
Anyone remember the Torch? Was Hideaway around there? 
I want to say it was in 2 different places, one where the red brick building is now on 7th just west of the river, and the second further west somewhere on Camp Bowie.
  • Like 1

There was also a bar farther east on the north side of 7th back then, believe it was Sapphire’s or some shit. They had $2.50 specials couple nights a week that could get real silly. Think the building was a garish pink & blue. 

Edit: Yeah, think you’re right about the two Torch spots, first was real small. 

Edited by spystud13

I want to say it was in 2 different places, one where the red brick building is now on 7th just west of the river, and the second further west somewhere on Camp Bowie.
Sorry, this was about the Torch, I think. TyphoonSe7en usually had a clearer head than me back in those days, maybe he can chime in.

5 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Actually, I’m lying, read your post wrong. The ‘06 run was when I got killed. 

2006 run we watched mostly at Woody's. I have no idea how I didn't get fired from my job after all those hungover mornings dragging into the office. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Where was Hideaway? Only went there a couple times, but can’t remember its exact location. 

Anyone remember the Torch? Was Hideaway around there? 

Good link to the three JJ's enterprises:

http://www.jjbluesbar.com/hideaway.htm

There is a list of the bands that played at the Blues Bar that is something to see.  This place and the Bluebird, Robert Ealy's place on Horne St. in Como had some great performers and the bars at both places took care of business.

Edited by pch
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Fear, whatever happened to that little blonde girl Lindsey that worked at PH & Library? Her brother was also a bartender. Didn’t they go to SW with you? 

I haven't seen them in years, but Zach has a few kids and a 9-5 now.  He used to work weekends at Reata, but I don't know if he still does.  Last I heard of Lindsey she was writing for some small newspaper on Weatherford, I think.  Both went to SW.

• Like 1