Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

On 5/13/2019 at 9:39 AM, spystud13 said:

Just passed the Derek Allan’s BBQ location on 8th & Rosedale, that place is gonna be fun to get in & out of if they’re busy. 

May be the reason nothing lasts-not enough room for parking and the rent.

On 5/6/2019 at 8:52 AM, spystud13 said:

Anyone been here? 

Never been, I just know only of its existence and its been there for a long time. I was told they get really busy at lunch. I'm very interested in that pork chop.

On 5/17/2019 at 11:47 AM, NOMAAA said:

that looks great.  beans look good as well.

Arrived at 11:07 before the storm and only one person ahead of me.  Brisket and ribs were solid, though I favor Panther City ribs over Flores.  Glad to have a decent choice for barbecue within two miles of my home.  Will definitely be coming back.

6 hours ago, pch said:

Arrived at 11:07 before the storm and only one person ahead of me.  Brisket and ribs were solid, though I favor Panther City ribs over Flores.  Glad to have a decent choice for barbecue within two miles of my home.  Will definitely be coming back.

Nice humblebrag. 

• Haha 1

Anyone live in Crestwood or have good info on the neighborhood?

Wife and I are looking for our next house and we saw one we like in Crestwood. We currently live in Arlington Heights, mid-30s, no kids.
Someone who posts on this thread does, TornACL maybe? I live right by there in Monticello and really like it.

1 hour ago, Dr Fear said:
2 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Wife and I are looking for our next house and we saw one we like in Crestwood. We currently live in Arlington Heights, mid-30s, no kids.

Someone who posts on this thread does, TornACL maybe? I live right by there in Monticello and really like it.

Not in Crestwood, but familiar with it. There are some baller ass houses in there, and some pieces of shit. The ones in the middle last about thirty seconds on the market so be ready to move quick. But I guess the same could be said anywhere around here. 

I also live in Monticello but I am not rich and I drink too much, so I rent. 

4 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

My trainer lives in Crestwood and has had his car broken into a few times. I’ve also done a few remodels over there and it seems like the prices are super high for what you get. Ridglea Hills is a good bang for your buck. River district has some good properties for sale now too. 

I like Crestwood and most of the lots I've seen are bigger than what you get in Arl Heights. Lots of transitioning in the hood and you get to put on a C bumper sticker, if thats your thing. Plus, you are right on the trinity trail, its about a mile for me to get on. All the neighborhoods have crooks rummaging through checking for unlocked doors or quick break ins. My buddy in Ridglea Hills near Luther Lake, had his golf clubs stolen from his trunk where his car was parked at the back of the house.

1 minute ago, dmtx said:

I like Crestwood and most of the lots I've seen are bigger than what you get in Arl Heights. Lots of transitioning in the hood and you get to put on a C bumper sticker, if thats your thing. Plus, you are right on the trinity trail, its about a mile for me to get on. All the neighborhoods have crooks rummaging through checking for unlocked doors or quick break ins. My buddy in Ridglea Hills near Luther Lake, had his golf clubs stolen from his trunk where his car was parked at the back of the house.

damn that sucks.

Just now, Errestaurants said:

Just noticed Heim has a commissary and catering facility over on Clifford st. In White Settlement. They must be really banking to need a seperate facility.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They have also been having private events on the river location when the are closed on Mondays.

37 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Apparently my criminal skills are out of date, is it easy to break into a trunk these days? 

They popped the latch after breaking. Took his cupholder with change, clubs and shoes. He was wanting new clubs, he was pissed about the shoes.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 1:56 PM, Bone3421 said:

Flores was top 50....heim was to but not sure how... When i went to whitney before move flores was awesome

Heim's operation at the original food truck location was unbelievable. Bacon burnt ends, brisket, and ribs were top notch as well as their mac and cheese and potato salad. They started off pretty strong and that's what put them in the TM top 50. But since then quality has suffered quite a bit. I went a few times last summer and felt totally underwhelmed. I used to take trips from the east side of Dallas to eat their food but not anymore.

• Like 1

Went to the HEB today, still a zoo. Plenty of cashiers working, but the aisles are too narrow. Old hens with carts facing each other don’t work real well. 

Was going to go this weekend. Drove up, saw the parking lot, and took my happy ass to Wal Mart.

The one time we went I was slowly walking up and down aisles patiently waiting for people in front me to shop and wasn’t passing them just so I wouldn’t clog the aisle as people were going both directions.

After the third basket passed me on the left(then clogging the opposite direction) I said F it and checked out. I didn’t want to lose my shit on anyone.

Holy shit. Great job Forrest Hill PD

Star Telegram has an article saying that FHPD was called to the hotel earlier based off of tips. Someone called front desk saying they saw the suspect with a young girl and then the hotel called PD. Police actually entered his room and didn’t see the girl. Few hours later and after getting another tip FWPD took over and found the girl.

Pay wall, but link added anyway.
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article230636954.html

58 minutes ago, thestud said:

Not clicking the link because I’m not giving the startlegram a red cent, but the article I read yesterday said his car wasn’t there when the Forest Hill gumps came by and that they searched the entire room which leads me to believe maybe she wasn’t there?Now if it comes out that she was there I want them strung up by their short and curlies, but they’ve been very tight-lipped about what exactly happened from the time she was taken to the time they recovered her. I would be surprised if there isn’t at least two more arrests

Taken into FBI custody.

Anybody going out to Colonial this weekend? I'm in for Sunday for sure, but I have tomorrow off so I might go catch some morning golf. Maybe swing by Woodshed on my way in and punch Tim Love in the face. Anyway, it should be better than last year, when it was like 99 over the weekend and I think I drank about 17 waters out there.