Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

Can't even imagine what Golden Gate and Drummers Inn are like after dark. Drive around during the day and there is all kind of nonsense and trash walking up and down the streets. My favorites are the broke down tweaking strippers trudging to/from the no tell motels and the low end strip clubs that dot the neighborhood. 
I will have much more to say about the state of West Camp Bowie tomorrow.

Curtis and Homer are the two butchers I trust most at CM. Curtis has been pimping the NY strips and prime ribeyes lately.  They've been really good these past couple of weeks. 

I’m a big fan of CM but the last 2 times I bought a prime NY strip there, they were both horrible. The meat was incredibly tough to the point of being inedible and I threw both away. Very disappointing and I don’t know if I coincidentally had bad luck twice, or if there’s something wrong with their supplier. I’m a bit spooked about buying another steak from them anytime soon.

10 hours ago, spystud13 said:

One of the rooms at the GG way back then had a full-size drawing of a naked guy on the inside of the door. Never really wanted to get that room. 

What was was the second murder? 

found a dude wrapped up in plastic a couple days ago at Crest Motel next door right?

13 hours ago, spystud13 said:

And this is the high-class joint we used to rent a room from way back in the day when we needed a place to do illegal shit. 

Ah, yes.  Golden Gate and Drummer's Inn were excellent choices if you were partaking of substances illegal.  And back in the 80's, most of the dancers at Sinbad's and Brass Rail were regulars at those locations after work.

Edited by pch
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, spystud13 said:

What’s with the two buses? 

That is probably the #2 camp bowie bus-it is a single bus but looks like two because it is connected.  I bet they are trying to turn around.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thestud said:

Which one of you degenerate fucks is the goober hanging out at the QT on Las Vegas trail and 20 in a purple paisley shirt asking for cigarettes and a beer at 6 in the morning? Introduced yourself next time and I might oblige.

The Las Vegas Trail & 30 Qt always has some Goobers hanging out. That general area has some decent people watching. I was at Ged’s Across the highway and the salesman said he kept a pistol in the desk drawer cause they been robbed several times. 

At derek allan's bbq right now. The brisket is legit. Great rub, completely rendered fat. I doubt the wagyu makes that much of a difference. The pork ribs are avg. Ok flavor. I like a mildly sweeter rub, that being, their black sauce goes well with the ribs.

20190627_112222_zpsxcxk74km.jpg

Edited by dmtx
  • Like 1

Good burger, nice crust on the patty, buttered/toasted potato bun was a welcome change. Extremely limited menu, 7 burgers & a few apps, that’s it. Fries were terrible, frozen shit, onion rings supposedly better. Frozen Beam-&-Coke was stronger than expected.

Will definitely return. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dmtx said:

Btw, derek Allan's wife is a smoke show, as stated earlier in this thread. 

Went there today for lunch.  Never mind the BBQ, she is worth the trip!!!

Brisket was good, ribs were good.  On par with Heim River District BBQ. 

Also tried Grandy's on the circle at Camp Bowie on Thursday.  Their re-opening is a shit show.  Took 3 people to check me out at the register.  Rolls were barely cooked, chicken wasn't much bigger than hot wings from Buffalo Bros or Wing Stop.  In fact, BB might have bigger hot wings.

Asked them why they closed, and was told that they were re-training their workforce.  Someone else there told me it was for remodeling.  I didn't notice anything new inside, so who knows what the real story is there.  Won't go back, it wasn't nearly as good as before their closing.

• Like 1