Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

10 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I’m excited about the change. I hear the neighborhood is a pretty cool spot. Gonna check out a few gyms when we get there. I know it won’t be Austin, but I hear FW has its own charm. 

TCU lets non-students join their gym, it is something like $60/month, but I'm sure the scenery can't be beat.

Ended up going to that cobbler in Haltom City, incredibly nice and prices not too shabby either. see results in a week.

Sub, brace yourself for having VERY involved neighbors, double edged sword. And just accept that your car will be broken into at least once. Cool area though in terms of walkability and spots/stuff to do. I moved from there to Arl Heights a couple years ago, I miss it a little but the homeless factory that is JPS always sketched me out for a long term play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

My wife somehow won a bottle of liquor in the raffle 3 weeks in a row last year.

User name checks out. 

I didn't realize that any of you are at WOB during games. Guess I need to wear my Surly name tag next time. 

Edited by TornACL

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:

Upper 90 for soccer if your into it...tina's cocina next door will bring your food over

The Usual for cocktails(dog friendly)

Paris coffee shop for breakfast(classic diner since 1965)

Lots more of course

Mike (owner of Paris) is a die hard Frog but also has one of the best staffs in Cowtown.  Their Saturday morning crowd is a great mix of people who are loyal regulars.  Since Peter Schroeder sold the Old Neighborhood Grille, Paris has been the best breakfast spot around the Magnolia, Berkeley, Fairmount area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pch said:

Mike (owner of Paris) is a die hard Frog but also has one of the best staffs in Cowtown.  Their Saturday morning crowd is a great mix of people who are loyal regulars.  Since Peter Schroeder sold the Old Neighborhood Grille, Paris has been the best breakfast spot around the Magnolia, Berkeley, Fairmount area.

Old Neighborhood Grill fell off a cliff after the sale. I took some visitors there a while back and was embarrassed by how mediocre it was. 

Haven't been to Paris in a while but it always felt like old school FW. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 3:56 PM, Bone3421 said:

Upper 90 for soccer if your into it...tina's cocina next door will bring your food over

The Usual for cocktails(dog friendly)

Paris coffee shop for breakfast(classic diner since 1965)

Lots more of course

Upper 90 for the Spurs match at 11:30 tomorrow. I’d be there if I was in town

If you ever took a sip of pickle juice and thought to yourself, “You know, this is great, but it would be even better if it could get me drunk,” then good news: Fort Worth companies Best Maid Pickles and Martin House Brewing Company have created a pickle beer.

You read that right. A pickle beer. It’s called the Sour Pickle Beer.

And because this is Fort Worth and we don’t do things in half measures, the two companies have also teamed up to create beer pickle called the Craft Beer Pickle.

It should go without saying that they pair well together.

Martin House said the base for the beer is their Salty Lady Sour Gose with a bit of Best Maid Pickles’ dill brine added during the brewing process. For the making of the pickle, Best Maid took the flavors of the Salty Lady and added that to its brine.

If you want to get your own six-pack, the launch party at Martin House will be Aug. 17, and they will be available for purchase wherever Martin House beers are sold starting Aug. 20. The pickles will be available after the event.

IMG-0390.JPG

I need help from y'all that know Fort Worth well.

I'm looking for a bar or a restaurant bar in central Fort Worth to have a Thursday happy hour for 20-30 people.  Attendees will be professionals aged 25-55 who live and/or work in the greater Fort Worth area.  

Need a place that can set aside enough room for us - or not be too crowded - so that we can network, have discussions, etc.  Prefer the place not have a "minimum" but that's negotiable.  For reference, when on the Dallas side of the Metroplex, we've met at places from Cantina Laredo to Al Biernat's (no need at all to go fancy).

My thoughts initially went to Sundance Square and the Stockyards, but I'm sure that there are other areas of which I'm unaware.  Even if Sundance Square or the Stockyards, I don't know the bar/restaurant scenes well enough to pick a place.

TIA for the help!

https://losvaqueros.com/about/

1 hour ago, thestud said:

Los Vaqueros > Joe T’s

Agree-Johnny Cisneros is a friend of mine.  His northside location would be a good place to host this gathering.  His staff does a great job as we have held xmas parties there several years and enjoyed the food and drinks. 

Edited by pch

6 hours ago, solamente73 said:

I need help from y'all that know Fort Worth well.

I'm looking for a bar or a restaurant bar in central Fort Worth to have a Thursday happy hour for 20-30 people.  Attendees will be professionals aged 25-55 who live and/or work in the greater Fort Worth area.  

Need a place that can set aside enough room for us - or not be too crowded - so that we can network, have discussions, etc.  Prefer the place not have a "minimum" but that's negotiable.  For reference, when on the Dallas side of the Metroplex, we've met at places from Cantina Laredo to Al Biernat's (no need at all to go fancy).

My thoughts initially went to Sundance Square and the Stockyards, but I'm sure that there are other areas of which I'm unaware.  Even if Sundance Square or the Stockyards, I don't know the bar/restaurant scenes well enough to pick a place.

TIA for the help!

I would agree with the Chimy's suggestion.  The Marfa room in the back is perfect for 30 people.  But, it can be difficult to park down there at happy hour on a Thursday. 

The new Clearfork area has a place called Pinstripes that is a nice place for 30 people.  You don't have to bowl, but it's more fun if you do. 

There's a new place in West 7th near Chimy's called Punch Bowl Social.  Might be good.  Haven't been there yet.  It's a big place. Just opened.

Joe T's is an okay suggestion, but I'm not a fan of the place.

I swear on my mother fucking life, if any of you kids need AC work, call these mother fuckers. I’m not fucking kidding. 
https://m.facebook.com/pages/Canards-Benbrook-Service/121467737909602

They just rocked shit out on a Saturday with today’s high expected to be 103. 
Bad-fucking-ass service. 
Had them out a few weeks ago, they are great.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 8:02 PM, DeepEastTexas said:

There's a new place in West 7th near Chimy's called Punch Bowl Social.  Might be good.  Haven't been there yet.  It's a big place. Just opened.

Had some friends try that place when it opened. Ordered a michelada, and they were told they don't have that, it's not on the menu. 

They told the waitress to just ask the bartender, he'll know what they want. Bartender didn't have any idea, says he's never heard of that. 

They're not my thing, personally, but what kind of fucking bartender has never even heard of a michelada? 

So, I don't have high hopes for that place. 

Thanks, all, for the recs.  I ran the suggestions by the organizers and they are looking for something a little more upscale than Chimy's and Punch Bowl.  Also, they are looking more at 20 people now.  I'm still going to look into the Marfa Room at Chimy's and Clay Pigeon (Joe T's is interesting but I think would be better in cooler weather), but any more thoughts out there?

Edited by solamente73

43 minutes ago, solamente73 said:

Thanks, all, for the recs.  I ran the suggestions by the organizers and they are looking for something a little more upscale than Chimy's and Punch Bowl.  Also, they are looking more at 20 people now.  I'm still going to look into the Marfa Room at Chimy's and Clay Pigeon (Joe T's is interesting but I think would be better in cooler weather), but any more thoughts out there?

I don't know how upscale you're going for, but my previous suggestion of Pinstripes is an upscale casual environment.  We had a corporate event there for 50+ people that went over very well.  It's not a bowling alley, more like an upscale bar with the option to bowl in private areas.

Top Golf in the downtown area works for corporate events.  You could always go to the Reata rooftop downtown as well.  We had another event at World of Beer just off 7th, and it was okay.  There's a side area of that place that's perfect for mingling for 30 or so folks. 

Really depends at what you mean by upscale I guess.  Will people continue wearing their jackets, or will it be more laid back? 

20 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Really depends at what you mean by upscale I guess.  Will people continue wearing their jackets, or will it be more laid back? 

Ooops, meant to say that I'd look into Pinstripes, too.

People will be coming from work; their choice whether or not to wear jackets.  Organizer felt that the online pics of Chimy's portrayed a "Fuzzy's Taco" type feel and they were looking to put forward something a little more "Pappasitos" or "better."

I think the organizer is thinking sipping wine or whiskey.  I personally think beer and margaritas are OK but it's not my call; I'm just trying to help out by presenting options.

Off the top of my head, based off what you described for your crowd and needs, I would consider:

Bird Cafe
Little Red Wasp
Winslow’s
Cork and Pig
Del Frisco’s Grille

Also, on the subject of Punch Bowl Social, the wife and I dropped in there for a drink last weekend and thought it had potential. It was early in the evening and we didn’t stay long, but lots of games and activities (bowling, foosball, board games, darts, karaoke, etc) to entertain people if that’s what anyone is looking for.

Del Frisco's Grill is interesting. That would fit the bill.  Bird Café too. 

Whiskey Ranch Distillery might be too much for what you're going for.  It's a place we've had events at, and it's worked out well.  It's ten minutes south of FW. Might be too far away, and might be more than what you're after at this event.

Social House and Kung Fu Saloon might work for y'all down on 7th.

I went to a social at Reata thrown by DrillingInfo, when I was in the oil business. The prices were real reasonable, or that’s what one of their hosts told me. It was in a private room.
CHIEF
If you ever go to another DI event, please ask why they use functionally retarded people to enter their deed information into their indexes.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk