Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

Just now, spystud13 said:

The red salsa will get your attention. 

got-damn right it will. I told my buddy about it. He asked, Is it TP in the freezer hot? It was a quick hell yeah, if i had used both of the reds they gave me.

This chick was working as a photographer at a wedding in Weatherford last November, mixed pills with booze, banged a guest in an extra room, peed on a tree, got arrested, threatened the officers’ families, now has been indicted on two felonies.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article227845144.html

All that to say her bikini IG account is worth a click, maybe not at work though. 

https://www.instagram.com/max_mcintyre/

6 hours ago, cmontexas said:

On the topic of good gas station food can't beat Navajo Burger in Lake Worth at 820 and Navajo. Used to be a Tommy's but lost the name a few years back but kept the same burgers

Good place. It's in the lunch rotation. Not enough room to sit, but the weather is getting nicer, so outside is an option now

Goddamn, this is Hugo’s on 377. There’s also a shop next door that may be for 8-liners. Hope it wasn’t one of the liquor store owners, they’ve been there forever. 

A man was fatally shot in the head Wednesday morning in a southwest Fort Worth business. 

Officers were sent to 4614 Benbrook Highway at 10:52 a.m., according to a police call log. More than two dozen police units responded.

The address is for a liquor store and cigar shop, according to online records. Officer Buddy Calzada said the shooting happened inside one of the businesses in the shopping center. Asked if the shooting was related to a robbery, Calzada said that homicide detectives are still investigating.

As of 4:30 p.m., police say they have a suspect in custody after he was arrested by the Texas Department of Public Safety on an outstanding warrant. 

“The suspect was arrested near Interstate 35 in Fort Worth,” Calzada said. “Troopers confirmed on the prior warrant for the suspects arrest and he is currently being transported to the homicide office for questioning.”

The identity of the deceased man has not been released, but police believe he worked at the business where the robbery occurred.

27 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Goddamn, this is Hugo’s on 377. There’s also a shop next door that may be for 8-liners. Hope it wasn’t one of the liquor store owners, they’ve been there forever. 

Came home for lunch today and passed by there. Right next to the Fuego Burger building. Weird. 

1 hour ago, thestud said:

Trying to find somewhere to eat off of Bryant Irvin and I find Wild Pitch. Check the review in the middle lol. I don’t have a yelp account so it won’t let me open and read the rest

ecc7dd6597bacf7c2ccc26db26c598f5.jpg

Full post:

Racist management ' I am a Irish traveller it's a small minority group ' me and 4 of my cousins walked in there to drink and eat ' the manager walked over and asked for are ID's we are all over 30 with gray hair' he said sorry I can't serve you guys because you have a outta state ID ' . Which I've drank probably in 30 states in never heard that one.sowe left about a month ago we decided to give another shot we sat down at a table and ordered a beer from a lovely waitress ' the manager spotted us and came over and said finish those beers and you guys have to go. I asked what did we do wrong and he told me he has the right to refuse service ' the waitress came over and apologized and said guys I'm so sorry he told me we are not allowed to serve your people in here. I asked her if she could record him talking racist about Irish travellers and I gave her my telephone number ' she sent me a video about 41 seconds long of him calling us trouble making gypsies and thieves and a couple other racist remarks 'he tried tip toeing around by saying he had the right to refuse service but now that I have them on video I am surely gona show it to my lawyer. And he's a minority' himself '

Whoops. 

Baseball Outing Cancelled 

Mar 23rd | Texas v TCU, game starts at 730 pm @ TCU Baseball Stadium | 3252 W 7th St, Fort Worth, TX 76107

Due to circumstances beyond our control, the TCU Ticket Office notified us late this week that tickets we purchased previously should not have been sold to us. We reached out several times for clarification and alternatives but did not receive any from the TCU Ticket Office.

Those of you who already purchased tickets have received direct communication from us with your refund. Those of you who would still like to attend the game, purchase your general admission tickets for the outfield online here.

2 hours ago, dmtx said:

Vickery Cafe is awesome. The first time i went, i had no idea how popular the joint is. 

Been in my rotation for 10+ years.  They turn those tables quickly so even if there is a line as there often is, the wait is not long.  Have sat at the bar a few times and marveled at how quickly orders are taken, prepared, and delivered to the tables.  Paris on Saturday, Vickery on Sunday makes breakfast on weekends a no brainer.

Good luck. 

Dayne’s Craft Barbecue can credit most of its popularity to social media, now that online success has led to a brick-and-mortar restaurant.

After more than a year of serving its food underground and at various pop-up locations, Dayne’s Craft Barbecue will be opening its first permanent location at 2000 W. Berry St. in the fall. The building was most recently the home for the Mexican restaurant and food hall Americado, which closed earlier this year.

Dayne Weaver, the pitmaster behind Dayne’s Craft Barbecue, said he started serving his central Texas-style barbecue out of his home in January 2018. In the beginning he said it was a way for him to fulfill his passion for cooking barbecue. He would smoke prime brisket, pork spare ribs, handmade sausage, pulled pork, pork belly burnt ends, half chickens, beef ribs and bacon brisket. 

But then he was cooking so much that he started an underground BBQ where people could come by his duplex to buy barbecue by the pound.

“It spiraled out of control from there,” he said.

People found out about Dayne’s via social media and came flocking to his home and later to the pop-up locations he posted. Weaver and his fiancee, Ashley Hays, would serve the food at music venues and breweries, wherever they could. And they got so popular that people would wait in line for hours for some of their food.

When Weaver asked how people heard about them, they almost always replied, “Instagram.”

That’s when they decided to make the plunge. Weaver and Hays announced they would open their own restaurant.

“That’s always been the end goal and the dream,” Weaver said.

The plan is to bring the craft aspect to their physical location. The sides will be made from scratch, and there will be a human managing the fire and the smoke all night.

And the restaurant will really lean into the social barbecue aspect.

“When you have a barbecue, people come together and there’s kids laughing and people laughing and they’re sharing food and sharing drinks,” Hays said. “We want to promote that environment. We’re focusing on the atmosphere.”

Hays started a Kickstarter campaign for the restaurant with a $10,000 goal. So far it has raised $2,201. The campaign will end April 4.

Good luck. 
Dayne’s Craft Barbecue can credit most of its popularity to social media, now that online success has led to a brick-and-mortar restaurant.
After more than a year of serving its food underground and at various pop-up locations, Dayne’s Craft Barbecue will be opening its first permanent location at 2000 W. Berry St. in the fall. The building was most recently the home for the Mexican restaurant and food hall Americado, which closed earlier this year.
Dayne Weaver, the pitmaster behind Dayne’s Craft Barbecue, said he started serving his central Texas-style barbecue out of his home in January 2018. In the beginning he said it was a way for him to fulfill his passion for cooking barbecue. He would smoke prime brisket, pork spare ribs, handmade sausage, pulled pork, pork belly burnt ends, half chickens, beef ribs and bacon brisket. 
But then he was cooking so much that he started an underground BBQ where people could come by his duplex to buy barbecue by the pound.
“It spiraled out of control from there,” he said.
People found out about Dayne’s via social media and came flocking to his home and later to the pop-up locations he posted. Weaver and his fiancee, Ashley Hays, would serve the food at music venues and breweries, wherever they could. And they got so popular that people would wait in line for hours for some of their food.
When Weaver asked how people heard about them, they almost always replied, “Instagram.”
That’s when they decided to make the plunge. Weaver and Hays announced they would open their own restaurant.
“That’s always been the end goal and the dream,” Weaver said.
The plan is to bring the craft aspect to their physical location. The sides will be made from scratch, and there will be a human managing the fire and the smoke all night.
And the restaurant will really lean into the social barbecue aspect.
“When you have a barbecue, people come together and there’s kids laughing and people laughing and they’re sharing food and sharing drinks,” Hays said. “We want to promote that environment. We’re focusing on the atmosphere.”
Hays started a Kickstarter campaign for the restaurant with a $10,000 goal. So far it has raised $2,201. The campaign will end April 4.

So popular that he doesnt have the 10k to start so he asks for a handout?

Whats ya'lls favorite Italian Red Sauce joint? Im talking about Chicken Parm, good meatballs, etc. 
Tried Taverna...not sure about the parm but its a pretty good Italian joint in the midprice range...usually roll with the fettuccine de mare or a special.
The specials are usually the best thing for obvious reasons
  • Like 1