Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

Taverna is my favorite. Decent happy hour too.
Cafe Bella is decent, inexpensive, and BYOB.
Nonna Tata is also pretty good and BYOB.

Sounds like I need to try Margie’s.
I mentioned earlier in thread about the happy hour....1/2 price apps 3$ bellini and house wine
  • Like 1

yall see this kickstarter for Daynes BBQ in the old Americado spot?

$200 gets you two hats and a couple plates of meat, some stickers and a personalized letter. 

dude has to have 100 friends and acquaintances, who doesnt.  make it a hundo, have a private event for your investors with all you can drink shiner and that 10k is a lot more manageable.  dont see good things for dayne.

4 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

yall see this kickstarter for Daynes BBQ in the old Americado spot?

$200 gets you two hats and a couple plates of meat, some stickers and a personalized letter. 

dude has to have 100 friends and acquaintances, who doesnt.  make it a hundo, have a private event for your investors with all you can drink shiner and that 10k is a lot more manageable.  dont see good things for dayne.

Even Heim organized an even when he was raising funds.

Dayne is a super nice guy and his bbq is legit. i just don't see how they will utilize such a large spot. By spring 2020, we shall see which bbq joints are still around. 

38 minutes ago, dmtx said:

Even Heim organized an even when he was raising funds.

Dayne is a super nice guy and his bbq is legit. i just don't see how they will utilize such a large spot. By spring 2020, we shall see which bbq joints are still around. 

He desperately needs a business advisor, it sounds like. 

Getting your brick and mortar start with a 3300 sq ft bbq restaurant seems like bad idea jeans. 

48 minutes ago, TornACL said:

He desperately needs a business advisor, it sounds like. 

Getting your brick and mortar start with a 3300 sq ft bbq restaurant seems like bad idea jeans. 

probably got a good deal from the landlord since the space has turned over several times plus he has limited build out costs due to already being a restaurant with grease trap, bathrooms, ventilation, new HVAC, etc. plus not having to go through the permitting process for all of that. 

Stopped by bartaco last night for first time...seems like it would be a nice spot on a sunny day
Tacos are 2.50 or 3.50 all tasted good (had 4)
Pork belly was my fave...fish, carnita and duck were tasty

Had huge press juicers on bar top and believe they use fresh squeezed limes in cocktails...22$ before tip 4 tacos ,one beer and order of the salsa verde

26 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

Prepare your anus for your property tax bill, mine went up 19% in Monticello, a buddy in Arlington Heights went up 40%.

Im in West Byers. My anus wasnt ready for this. Market value we are up 15%. Appraisal value is up the max 10%.

from 2015, we are up 55%. Too many houses in my location getting torn down and replaced with 3000 sq ft homes ranging from $600k-$1.1mil

1 hour ago, bluto said:

why the hell did the tyler childers concert blow up so big? i like him ok but not $90 for GA on stubhub like him. 

At Billy Bobs, too, where GA means you won't even be able to see the stage unless you stand there by the rail the entire night having no fun at all. 

OK, I'll admit tl/dr. Looking for a special dinner tomorrow night steak/seafood/mexican are valid options. Small group (2-3) friends gtg. Short notice.
No idea budget your looking for....but for a special dinner try bonnells, grace, eddie v's, or del frisco's double eagle

OK, I'll admit tl/dr. Looking for a special dinner tomorrow night steak/seafood/mexican are valid options. Small group (2-3) friends gtg. Short notice.
Bonnells and waters show spots on opentable...reata is fine for walk in most times with a little wait

Just now, Bone3421 said:
19 minutes ago, RPM said:

No idea budget your looking for....but for a special dinner try bonnells, grace, eddie v's, or del frisco's double eagle

No budget problems.  Never heard of Bonnells or Waters (their site is fubar), but looks like solid recs. Haven't done FW area dining in several years. Forgot about GoGo Gumbo in Boyd. That place is world class and most definitely hidden, but you have to stand in line and hope they don't sell out like Franklin's. I used to go there 30 years ago when it was a bar called Cactus Jack's. It's come a long way, Baby.

• Like 1

No budget problems.  Never heard of Bonnells or Waters (their site is fubar), but looks like solid recs. Haven't done FW area dining in several years. Forgot about GoGo Gumbo in Boyd. That place is world class and most definitely hidden, but you have to stand in line and hope they don't sell out like Franklin's. I used to go there 30 years ago when it was a bar called Cactus Jack's. It's come a long way, Baby.
Waters is newish downtown...bonnells has been around forever (kinda institution lvl) but its gotta weird location bryant irvin/i20)

5 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Waters is newish downtown...bonnells has been around forever (kinda institution lvl) but its gotta weird location bryant irvin/i20)

I'm a Cattleman's kinda OG. I mean OOOOg.

Waters sounds great. Bill Martin's Second Edition would be my reference point for seafood. Again, GoGo blows that away.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1

Cattlemans is good and an institution for sure...if you want to try something new then yeah if can grab a spit at waters its good and downtown for group to hit up some bars after....thompsons on houston is good spot for higher end drinks and as a "speakeasy" downstairs

Buy drink at bar...pay...password is on bottom of receipt...then go downstairs for more drinks

20 hours ago, RPM said:

I'm a Cattleman's kinda OG. I mean OOOOg.

Waters sounds great. Bill Martin's Second Edition would be my reference point for seafood. Again, GoGo blows that away.

We are both old.  And I endorse this statement fully and long for the days gone by when Second Edition was a weekly go to of mine.

Capital bar went under and The Yard took over. Thought I had heard The Yard was doing shitty as well. Can’t imagine them or Magnolia being around much longer at the rate that they’re being surrounded by high rise apartments

Ya. I seem to remember something about the Yard could only be there two years then kabllewey

12 hours ago, thestud said:

Capital bar went under and The Yard took over. Thought I had heard The Yard was doing shitty as well. Can’t imagine them or Magnolia being around much longer at the rate that they’re being surrounded by high rise apartments

Would be a shame to lose Magnolia. That's a solid spot. Good bartenders, good live music, good burgers. 

11 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Yo, heard it was back to Silhouettes now. True? 

Not as far as I can tell, no new signage.  They are definitely open, I see cars there and the busted strippers smoking out front.  The marquee currently reads "No Cover ALL DAY ALL NIGHT 4EVA" whatever the hell that means.

15 hours ago, TornACL said:

Wow, doing them at Lola's? That will be interesting. The Wednesdays at Capital Bar / The Yard were fun. Surprised they moved away from there. 

When I lived in that building above Fred's there was not a single Thursday morning during the summer where the parking garage arm was not either broken or completely removed.