Comic Relief: Satirical Tweets and Memes

Hugo Stiglitz

14 hours ago, maninblack said:

You just don't like things making fun of your dumb ass team.

No....most of us don't think most of the stuff coming from the right is particularly funny or clever.  Really, that's a big lament of mine - a quick wit and a good sense of comedy are signs of a sharp intellect.  And conversely, stupid and unfunny attempts at humor are a sign that "the right" just isn't very clever or smart these days.  There used to be a lot of very smart and sharp folks associated with the right, but today, that's off-brand.

Those of us who think that the Party of Trump is an ignorant pile of tepid feces can still laugh at stuff that pokes fun of "the other side," so long as it's funny.

Hell, the fact that shortly after your whining complaint, you posted this, is a perfect example:

14 hours ago, maninblack said:

66f706f778ff9f7fd5d75a43fad1a1ac.jpg

That....is fucking funny.  It's pointed, wicked humor  It's in the "it's funny cuz it's true" vein.  I actually chuckled out loud when I first saw it.  I've got no problem with skewering Obama, Hillary, Pelosi, Schumer, or whoever else you can think of who's not on Team Trump.  But if you're going to claim that what you're doing is satire, there's a bar for cleverness and humor.  All I ask is that you clear it.  Most of the Trumpkin efforts end up like this:

giphy.gif

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ewww, that’s some misogynistic, gross, pathetic late stage virgin, I’m forced to buy my sex from overseas horseshit.

And not at all funny.

Men who believe in that kind of crap end up living with their mother or shooting somewhere up. They’re legitimately creepy and not a little bit insane.

Elle Reeve who's been covering white nationalists for a couple years for VICE (and also did the special report at Charlottesville) said that misogyny is the gateway drug to white nationalism. It all starts there. This first "red pill" exploits the sad sack's resentment towards women who won't talk to him or date him.

Edited by Grandioso

You beat me to that point, Grandioso.  Also, I think Rocko is a good example of this phenomenon, which shows you that using misogyny as a lure can give the hard right a broader reach.  You can get all sorts of people to parrot white nationalist propaganda using it.

Edited by Fozzz