Comic Relief: Satirical Tweets and Memes

Hugo Stiglitz

47 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

So what you're saying is that people who don't kill people shouldn't have to lose rights?

Geez then you make an comparison then.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulhsieh/2018/03/20/any-study-of-gun-violence-should-include-how-guns-save-lives/

"Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million, in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008."

Yep, people should give up guns cause a minority kills people with one.

You will never use your gun for anything other than to waste money.

Which is fine, btw, but just admit it for what is and save me the sanctimonious "i should have the right to protect my family" bullshit. You're just as likely to shoot one of them as you are an intruder.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

You will never use your gun for anything other than to waste money.

Which is fine, btw, but just admit it for what is and save me the sanctimonious "i should have the right to protect my family" bullshit. You're just as likely to shoot one of them as you are an intruder.

You’re getting trolled in a thread that explicitly declares itself to be a troll thread.

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Reagan actually tried to serve his country, and he actually respected the military.  

This is the most surface level, facile reading. Reagan was the first presidential admin without a president. His function was to win elections, not take an active role in actually running the executive branch. He had no idea what was actually going on in his admin  

Chomsky said at the time that Reagan and his type of admin was a taste of the future, and he was right. 

Edited by Fozzz

While Reagan provided the blueprint for a zombie president/movement like Trumpism, the two men couldn’t be more different. 

I think the confusion with the comparison is the man versus the administration.  

Reagan held the country together and moved the United States to a better place globally with his powerful rhetoric and influence.  He brought gravitas, sincerity, and respect to the office while his administration behaved in a more contradictory and nefarious manner. 

Trump is a draft dodging traitor that destroys everything he touches and splits the country further every time he speaks.  His administration behaves nefariously but not contradictory when compared to the rhetoric.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

Y'all focus on the most meaningless, insubstantial bullshit.  Moreover, Reagan was also a white nationalist.  Compare the Reagan admin's undying support for the Afrikaner government - which had a material effect in South Africa - with the worst shit Trump has said and try to to tell me there is really any difference between the two

By the end of the Reagan years, had the policy changed?

Well, Reagan's attitudes hadn't changed, but the policy changed because Congress changed it and voted sanctions. That cut off a lot of the flow of American capital. Sullivan renounced his position. Bishop Desmond Tutu came to the United States in 1984 after being awarded the Nobel Prize. He speaks in the House of Representatives and says that constructive engagement is a farce, and that it just entrenched the existing order. He said Reagan's policy was "immoral, evil and totally un-Christian."

After Reagan met with Tutu, he was asked at a press conference to talk about their meeting. Reagan said, "It is counterproductive for one country to splash itself all over the headlines, demanding that another government do something." Then he claimed that black tribal leaders had expressed their support for American investment. He was trying to discredit Tutu's argument that U.S. policy had hurt blacks. Anti-communism trumped so much in Reagan's view of the non-Western world.

Would you argue that Reagan's foreign policy extended the life of the regime in South Africa?

Yes. It gave it life. It gave it hope that the United States would continue to stick with it. It gave it continued flow of aid as well as ideological support. It delayed the changes that were going to come. Then you had the big crackdowns in '86 and '87. So there was harm in the lengthening. There was harm in the violence that continued.

I think a lot of well-meaning people in the United States bought the Sullivan principles and constructive engagement, because it seems reasonable. Reagan would say, "If we're willing to talk to the Russians, why aren't we willing to talk to the South African government?" We're going to encourage them to moderate and reform -- it sounds reasonable. But there was no real pressure. It was all talk. And it was exposed as that.

https://www.salon.com/2011/02/05/ronald_reagan_apartheid_south_africa/

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

Also, respected the military? Lmao. Had Reagan’s admin had their way they would have sent plenty of Americans to die in colonial wars in Latin America. Is that respecting the military? 

That’s called letting his subordinates run way too much without oversigt, something that was a huge problem with him.

There’s a helluva lot of Vietnam vets who feel they didn’t get a proper welcome home until Reagan came along.  I know it’s easy to have the rose-colored glasses on, and just focus on the mistakes, but we forget what it was like with the Vietnam vets after the war.   Unfortunately far too many of those vets have arrived at the conclusion that they’d rather have a President who shits on Vietnam POWs and Gold Star families than the alternative, but there’s still plenty that have a deep respect for how Reagan tried to give them the respect they had been lacking. 

And Reagan was willing to call out the Russians.  Trump wants to suck them off.

Edited by atomheartbevo

"Climate change" = all records will be shattered. So he's actually right. Whatever happened to Global Warming is they clarified the nomenclature to provide more accuracy. Just as the models grew/grow more precise, so did the language.

Btw, I live in Los Angeles. It was 118° this summer. (See fires currently). I went to Austin in August. It felt hotter than L.A. and I betya Texas has experienced some record floods, drought, hurricanes & wildfires of late. I betya.

I also betya south of Texas it's been broiling hot for years, so much so, mass migration north is probably starting to happen huh.

Anyway. I moved from Austin to Cali in 2011 because Texas was too hot. Now Southern California is too hot. 

I've spent the bulk of the last 2 summers in the Northern CA (SF area). It barely rained, despite the assurances I've heard that it rained all the time. Hmm. 

I betya they've had some dryness and fires too huh.

Anyway. Back to raking. Because being a libtard, it was certainly I which caused all this heat, storm and abnormality.  

6 hours ago, Agent47 said:

"Climate change" = all records will be shattered. So he's actually right. Whatever happened to Global Warming is they clarified the nomenclature to provide more accuracy. Just as the models grew/grow more precise, so did the language.

Btw, I live in Los Angeles. It was 118° this summer. (See fires currently). I went to Austin in August. It felt hotter than L.A. and I betya Texas has experienced some record floods, drought, hurricanes & wildfires of late. I betya.

I also betya south of Texas it's been broiling hot for years, so much so, mass migration north is probably starting to happen huh.

Anyway. I moved from Austin to Cali in 2011 because Texas was too hot. Now Southern California is too hot. 

I've spent the bulk of the last 2 summers in the Northern CA (SF area). It barely rained, despite the assurances I've heard that it rained all the time. Hmm. 

I betya they've had some dryness and fires too huh.

Anyway. Back to raking. Because being a libtard, it was certainly I which caused all this heat, storm and abnormality.  

imgur

On 11/20/2018 at 10:55 AM, Fozzz said:

DsdLA6nUcAQdn76.jpg:large

Seems a STEM guy like that Dilbert fuckface would understand basic mathematical truths such as 55 > 6:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_229382

oh wait, never mind.  Dipshit has a bachelor of arts and an MBA.  What a hilarious lack of self-awareness.  Fucking idiot.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2018 at 5:09 PM, Fozzz said:

imo, Reagan was the first Trump admin.  He prefigured Trump.

On 11/19/2018 at 12:41 AM, ChiTownDoc said:

Saying stupid shit like that only normalizes this Presidency.  Nice work.  

“We can delay and effectively stop for a temporary period of indefinite length the number of immigrants into the United States…by simply advising our consuls to put every obstacle in the way and to require additional evidence and to resort to various administrative devices, which would postpone and postpone and postpone the granting of the visas.” 

Started long ago.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/22102