2018-2019 San Antonio Spurs: Fuck Kawhi Leonard

Michael Knight

50 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

When Aldridge is on, it's something to behold. Bit of a dinosaur in today's game.

Yea, mid-range and long 2's aren't the most efficient basketball especially because a great deal of his turnarounds are fadeaways, but he can still fill it up when he's on.  I Sucks he probably will never play for a ship with us.  Beyond the 2nd year pouting, he's been a really good Spur.  

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Longhorn Al said:

Currently in 7th with Golden State in 1st.  I'd like to finish like that.  Take on a green Denver team and not have to potentially face Golden State till the WCF.

We're one game out of the 5th spot and possibly a suddenly gimpy Portland squad.  Getting Portland would be my preferred opponent.

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

We're one game out of the 5th spot and possibly a suddenly gimpy Portland squad.  Getting Portland would be my preferred opponent.

This. A #4 or 5 seed playing against Portland would be a great match up.

9 hours ago, Assman said:

Breaking news: we suck on the road.  Then again, we lost to Charlotte at home so maybe we just suck.

I still want Hou in the first round.

So we can lose four straight? Watching this team attempt to guard James Harden and Kimba Walker in successive games has been hilarious. They're cannon fodder. Proud, tenacious, well coached cannon fodder. 

• Like 1

1). When will Pop retire??

2) Likely Replacement Candidates??

Not sure Bill Self would be good in the NBA but saw this:

Self's strongest NBA ties come in San Antonio, as he has a good relationship with Spurs general manager R.C. Buford. But would Gregg Popovich want Self to replace him? That's trickier.

Self faces a difficult choice that goes much deeper than his rah-rah public statements. It will be telling to see if he becomes active once the NBA cycle begins. Of the ensnared coaches, he's the most established and has the actual coaching acumen to be on an NBA sideline. (Success in college doesn't always mean good coaching, as paradoxical as that sounds.) The NCAA has shown glimpses of acting tough in the wake of this federal scandal, but predicting everything it will end up doing — and even when it will do it — is as foolish as hoping and wishing it will all go away.

53 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The Spurs have plenty of internal candidates as well as a rather large coaching tree.  Pop's eventual replacement most likely will emerge from these coaches (Ime Udoka is often whispered about).  Bill Self is click bait.

Interesting that Kelvin Sampson spent a few months  with the Spurs in an advisory role before his time with the Bucks and Rockets.....

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The Spurs have plenty of internal candidates as well as a rather large coaching tree.  Pop's eventual replacement most likely will emerge from these coaches (Ime Udoka is often whispered about).  Bill Self is click bait.

I agree with the idea that they will promote from within and it wouldn't surprise me if Pop hired Becky Hammond in part to make a statement, but the Bill Self ties to the organization are real. I maybe getting the story a bit wrong, but I think Self and RC were college roommates and then later RC got Self an internship of some kind under Larry Brown when Larry coached Kansas. I'm fairly certain RC's son or sons ended up going to Kansas and they either walked on or had something to do with the KU program under Self. 

Going to the game tomorrow for the Manu jersey retirement. I have a feeling it's going to get a bit dusty in the arena. I've been watching the "Gracias Manu" videos the Spurs have been posting on facebook and instagram, and the one with Coach Pop and the one with Timmy got me a little teary-eyed.

I've been watching those as well and it's gotten a lot dusty a few times.  I remember when he went on a run in 2004 or 2005 when he scored 40+ points in 3 or 4 games in a row or something like that and those points were high degree of difficulty.  He had a knack of making crazy plays that most players don't even think about attempting.  I'll admit that I thought he was done after Game 6 int he 2013 Finals, but he more than made up for it the next year.  My all time favorite Manu moment may be the dunk over Bosh in Game 5 that year.  I love the way he cradled the ball and threw Ray Allen off of him before slamming it down on Bosh.  Thee was no doubt the Spurs would win the title that night.  He's probably my second favorite Spur after Timmy, but I wouldn't argue with anyone who had him as their #1.  Gracias Manu!

Edited by Hate

8 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

a fav of mine

What is a great moment in Spurs history almost became another Derek Fisher catastrophe. Much thanks to the ref for not blowing the whistle and allowing Manu that moment of redemption. The only shitty part was that piece of shit motherfucker wasn’t crying after this win.