NFL Trade Deadline

Patrick Bateman

15 minutes ago, Henry Hill said:

The Thomas and Tate trades show just how much Dallas overpaid for Cooper regardless of his age. Woof.

You realize DT is 31 and owed 14 million next year.  He's also lost a lot of explosion.  He's not the DT of 4 years ago.

Tate is 30 and will be a UFA.  It's a rental or they'll probably have to give him 15 million per for 3 for a 31 year old.  

Age and money matter. 

• Like 1

You realize DT is 31 and owed 14 million next year.  He's also lost a lot of explosion.  He's not the DT of 4 years ago.

Tate is 30 and will be a UFA.  It's a rental or they'll probably have to give him 15 million per for 3 for a 31 year old.  

Age and money matter. 

Do you realize that Cooper is also owed 14 million next year on a 5th year option, otherwise is also an UFA?

49 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Age and money matter. 

Do you realize the value difference between a 3rd/4th to a 1st? About 5 to 6x the value. Is Cooper 5/6x better than those 2? Not even close. In fact, they are all about equal. Giving up a 1st for Cooper when those teams gave up those picks just goes to show you how fucking clueless Dallas' front office. You can keep trying to spin it but the Cooper trade was fucking horrible. Had we only gave up a 3rd or 4th, then it would be a good trade.

5 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Do you realize that Cooper is also owed 14 million next year on a 5th year option, otherwise is also an UFA?

I do.... Would your rather pay a 32 year old declining ex star or a 25 year old that number?  And FTR, I don't think the Thomas trade is bad, they're simply two different ideas.  Apples and oranges.

1 hour ago, CowboyFred said:

this pleases me greatly.  big signing and now hopefully we can generate more pass rush from the outside.

I'm on the Rams bandwagon. I like the way they built their team. I figure after a few years of having a great team in LA that nobody cares about, they'll leave their crystal palace and move to San Antonio. I'll have a head start.

1 hour ago, DougO said:

I'm on the Rams bandwagon. I like the way they built their team. I figure after a few years of having a great team in LA that nobody cares about, they'll leave their crystal palace and move to San Antonio. I'll have a head start.

Welcome aboard.  I've been a fan since around the mid-90s because they're my dad's favorite team so grew up watching them.  It feels good to at least see the coaching/front office give a shit.  even though it took me a while to come around on hating Fisher, man did he set us back a bit.  Excited for what the future holds.  I'd also like my dad to be able to see them win another one.

46 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

Welcome aboard.  I've been a fan since around the mid-90s because they're my dad's favorite team so grew up watching them.  It feels good to at least see the coaching/front office give a shit.  even though it took me a while to come around on hating Fisher, man did he set us back a bit.  Excited for what the future holds.  I'd also like my dad to be able to see them win another one.

I always liked the horned helmets since i was a kid. Even when the Cowboys were competing with them in playoffs and stuff, I liked them when we weren't playing them. Same with the Chargers (plus San Diego is pretty awesome, except for being in California). Cowboys will always be my team, and I'll have to suffer the consequences. But I've been pulling for the Rams as a subsequent team for a long time. Especially now that they're out of St. Louis.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DougO said:

I always liked the horned helmets since i was a kid. Even when the Cowboys were competing with them in playoffs and stuff, I liked them when we weren't playing them. Same with the Chargers (plus San Diego is pretty awesome, except for being in California). Cowboys will always be my team, and I'll have to suffer the consequences. But I've been pulling for the Rams as a subsequent team for a long time. Especially now that they're out of St. Louis.

I'll bet you're old enough to remember Roman Gabriel, Deacon Jones, and Merlin Olsen as players. The Rams 60s whites were some of the coolest uniforms ever. I hated it when they went to the blue and yellow. 

deacon-jones_display_image.jpg

Edited by Richard Kimball

I love the blue and yellow, but also love the blue and white. I hate the gold versions they had all of those years in St. Louis. I had a step dad from LA when I was a kid and he loved the Rams. They were always my third favorite behind the Cowboys And Oilers. I grew up during the Chuck Knox era with the Youngblood brothers, Ron Jaworski, and Pat Haden. I loved those teams back then.

4 minutes ago, Hate said:

I love the blue and yellow, but also love the blue and white. I hate the gold versions they had all of those years in St. Louis. I had a step dad from LA when I was a kid and he loved the Rams. They were always my third favorite behind the Cowboys And Oilers. I grew up during the Chuck Knox era with the Youngblood brothers, Ron Jaworski, and Pat Haden. I loved those teams back then.

For me as a kid  in the 80's..it was Cowboys..Oilers..Saints and then Rams...no reason on Rams, I just always liked them.

19 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Age and money matter. 

DT can also be cut with no dead money.

12 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

DT can also be cut with no dead money.

Sure.  Then it's 7 million and a 4th for 8/9 games and if that's what happens, I get it.  Houston is winning their division and lost a big piece and were looking for a band aid.  Did they pay a premium considering no one else was offering more than a 6th?  Maybe, but I get it.  The hole was there and they filled it with a good but older player.  It's simply different goals and perspectives.  DT is a S-T solution.  Cooper will most likely be a L-T one.  Maybe one is good and the other sucks or maybe both suck.  Or maybe, just maybe, each does well and a good pickup for their respective teams.

On 10/30/2018 at 9:56 PM, Richard Kimball said:

I'll bet you're old enough to remember Roman Gabriel, Deacon Jones, and Merlin Olsen as players. The Rams 60s whites were some of the coolest uniforms ever. I hated it when they went to the blue and yellow. 

deacon-jones_display_image.jpg

Jack Snow.  

First Cowboys/Rams game I remember is early 70s, Ike Thomas ran the opening KO back for 6.  He did the same the next week,or maybe previous week, against the Jets.