Texas @ Texas Tech 6:30 on Fox

MirrOlure

Just now, slorch said:

No.  you're just being a shithead.

Fuck off.

Where the buildings in the photo are used to be $250/ month renters and flats that might as well be the Ritz Carlton now, that's all.

Don't get your panties in a bunch (see the bold) I'm fucking with you.  If you take any of those comments seriously you should prob log off for a while and go for a walk.  

TFB on Collin Johnson:

The latest I’m hearing around the injury status of Collin Johnson is that the knee injury may be worse than anticipated. While I cannot yet confirm if it’ll be something he will be able to play through, I can say I’d be surprised to see him out there tomorrow.

We have been told he has been on crutches. If the injury is what we hearing it is, again, it’s something an athlete could technically play through but probably isn’t advisable. Additionally, if he did play through it, one would have to question how effective he could really be. I’d imagine, not very.

Hoping to receive additional confirmation in the morning.

You Texas fans watch for flying car batteries today...especially if your abuelita might be with you.

Errant Tahoes will run you over as well, if the goal post does not first; in addition to us vandalizing your team buses.*

*according to aggy

29 minutes ago, Machinator said:

TFB on Collin Johnson:

Reveal hidden contents

The latest I’m hearing around the injury status of Collin Johnson is that the knee injury may be worse than anticipated. While I cannot yet confirm if it’ll be something he will be able to play through, I can say I’d be surprised to see him out there tomorrow.

We have been told he has been on crutches. If the injury is what we hearing it is, again, it’s something an athlete could technically play through but probably isn’t advisable. Additionally, if he did play through it, one would have to question how effective he could really be. I’d imagine, not very.

Hoping to receive additional confirmation in the morning.

Do what's best for player....... if CJ could further injure the knee by playing, it's best to leave him on the sidelines against Tech.  

Horns can beat Tech without CJ playing.....

Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

Apologize in advance if this has already been covered...but can someone summarize the injury report for Texas? I saw on Gameday that Hager is questionable, and I know CJ is likely not playing. I think I saw that D Davis is playing.

Is Brandon Jones definitely out? What about Nelson? 

Jones is a game-time decision, but probably more likely out than playing. Nelson is fine, as far as I know.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 9:19 AM, PencilPusher said:

Quick thoughts on this game.....as I predicted a couple of weeks ago, I still think this is a Texas win and I don't believe it is going to be a 51-48 type of shootout.

Folks mentioning concern about Tech's defense. Tech's defensive S&P ranking currently is the same as it was for 2017 - 88. What made Tech's defense better last year was they forced 29 turnovers last year. Through 9 games, they have only forced 15. However over the last 2 weeks, they have made them count as they have forced 4 and scored 28 points off of the 4, including a couple of return touchdowns. Those turnovers and the points generated off of them made both games much closer than they really were. So the recipe for Texas is simple. Play like you have offensively over the past few weeks and don't turn the ball over. If that's the case, Texas should easily get into the 30s, if not more.

On the other front, this was a much better matchup than the previous 2 games for our defense, and that was even before Bowman got hurt. Tech runs an extremely efficient short and medium passing game, but they are not very explosive (kinda like Texas). But that was with Bowman largely running the show. Duffey is a step back in that regard and having watched most of his sole start against TCU, Tech's offense will not run as efficiently and keep in mind they were coming off of a bye week preparing for that game. They don't have that luxury this week. If Tech can't be hyper efficient on offense, they won't be able to put up points. Plus, Tech can't quite run the same stuff that WVa and OSU did to hurt Texas and I don't think coach Gosling is as adept a playcaller and gameplanner as Gundy and Holgo. 

If Texas loses, it will be because they lose the TO battle (-2 or worse) or Tech's special teams play an outsized role (they are actually pretty good this year) or both. And for those fearing Lubbock and night games, this isn't Manhattan KS which was a true house of horrors for Texas. Lubbock has actually been a place where Texas actually has kickstarted a strong closing kick to a season. In 1996, then chancellor John Montford ordered the goalposts greased before the Texas game to keep Tech students from tearing them down expecting a coronation against Texas for the first ever Big 12 South championship. Remind me again how that went or what happened the rest of the season? Or in 2004, where VY was coming off 2 horrific performances and everyone at Hornfans at the time was predicting Tech to wipe the floor with us, only to see the start of the "let Vince be Vince" era of football. Texas won that game by 30 and I think did some good things after that. Hell, even Charlie Strong won a night game in Lubbock with a much worse team and it helped him get to his only bowl as a Texas coach. 

I will not be that shocked if Texas goes up there and win solidly with what appears to be an improved defensive performance. 

You were right on point until our secondary decided to die off and what players were left reverted to playground ball. Still you called the result, again. This is good stuff, keep it up.