Texas @ Texas Tech 6:30 on Fox

MirrOlure

13 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

There was play against WV we did have a 2 man line. Like a 2-4-5...they ran the ball for a substantial gain 

Same result as our 3 man line.  I think we should go with a 1 man line and sub in two academic all-american walkons that just yell to the LBs and safetys where they need to be during the play.   

4 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Same result as our 3 man line.  I think we should go with a 1 man line and sub in two academic all-american walkons that just yell to the LBs and safetys where they need to be during the play.   

Might be better off not playing defense and just allowing the other team to score so we get the ball back

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whatever said:

Have you seen our run defense? Especially our QB run defense?

Y'all seem convinced of your impending doom...LOL.

Y'all will have some Bergeron or Malcolm Williams setting their PR at their respective position.

I've seen this show too many times...

4 hours ago, slorch said:

Y'all will have some Bergeron or Malcolm Williams setting their PR at their respective position.

Yeah well I listened to @'stache and @oSuJeff97 stroke our egos all week leading up to Woogie from "There's Something About Mary" running wild on us so forgive me when I say...

I don't believe you.

• Like 6

On 11/4/2018 at 6:20 PM, The Tower said:

No but we get these douchebags of Tim Brando and Spencer Tillman

Tillman is a hybrid of Kork Herpstrasse and Mark Mays.

200 gallons of shit stuffed into a 100 gallon rusty and leaky toxic douche barrel.

Edited by El Squared

8 hours ago, slorch said:

Here we go again with this shit. First it was Go Pokes. Then Whitman/osujeff. Now this guy. Ban this fucking guy this week so he can’t write shit like this or we’re doomed. 

Edited by GotThatFire

On 11/4/2018 at 2:54 PM, kingkoopa6 said:

agreed, cuz Gary gonna kill him

As if one man could do it. Lolz. I honestly cannot recall a hit with as much force meeting exactly at the QB like the West Virginia(clean and legal) hit on Bowman. 

10 hours ago, El Squared said:

If it’s the same B12 ref crew we will lose. Lots and lots of home cooking in Tech vs Monkey Boy and the Gooners.

Duffy really sucks but we like to level the playing field so it will be a dogfight .Tech likes to shoot their wad here, particularly at night.

B12 Higher Ups might tell Refs to favor Texas..... Better publicity for B12 Conference if TEXAS is at least in running for B12 CCG after the game verses Tech.....

Edited by LTtxfan

2 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I can remember at least one...

Fucking with ya

Yeah, On Diggs’ hit I thought he killed Mahomes on the spot. Now imagine a 300#er hitting Mahomes from the opposite side with the same amount of force. That’s what happened to Bowman. Again, absolutely clean hits, but incredible mass and force meeting at the QB. 

1. Texas Tech actually has a defense this year. Won't be easy to score in bunches against them.

2. Tech doesn't need Bowman at QB to beat our defense into submission with stretch runs. (Which they will do, by the way; Gundy showed the league the blueprint for beating our defense, Holgo merely added his own tweaks to it last week).

3. We have been dreadful in away games so far this year. 

Feel free to extrapolate from there.

3 hours ago, satyanash said:

1. Texas Tech actually has a defense this year. Won't be easy to score in bunches against them.

2. Tech doesn't need Bowman at QB to beat our defense into submission with stretch runs. (Which they will do, by the way; Gundy showed the league the blueprint for beating our defense, Holgo merely added his own tweaks to it last week).

If Tech "actually has a defense this year" then what does that mean our defense is this year?

On 11/5/2018 at 11:24 AM, taybo20 said:

There was play against WV we did have a 2 man line. Like a 2-4-5...they ran the ball for a substantial gain 

We do it quite often actually.

G5BD87.gif

Same look, but Hager is in a stance:

wmGZA1.gif

Edited by JBJ

22 hours ago, satyanash said:

Tech’s defense has only given up 40 points or more [checks notes] in five games.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

We’ve given up 40 plus in two games. Not sure what that means, but if our defense sucks then so does theirs?

The difference is, Tech has moved from historically bad to sub-mediocre on defense over the last couple of years, whereas UT's D looked legitimately good for a while this season and then suddenly imploded.