Texas @ Texas Tech 6:30 on Fox

MirrOlure

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

If he plays do you think the announcers will mention that he was in the hospital on W?   I’m thinking that if he does play and tech is driving with a chance to win at the end of the game the announcers will mention this. 

Don't forget that he wanted to go to Texas and we did not offer or some variation of that theme...real or contrived.

If what I originally read is in fact true. And that Bowman suffered a Thorax event prior to the ou game. Allowing him to compete in that game was borderline negligence as far as I am concerned.

The possibility of blood clots alone should have required a minimum 30 day observation period. Followed by an compulsory MRI of both the lung and surrounding tissue areas before allowing him to return to any activity that would apply moderate to extreme stress to his Thorax area. It’s folly to think that the young man fully healed to a safe enough level to return to such an activity as football in such a short time.

Not to mention watching him drop to his knee prior to the start of the second half after attempting to throw the ball was incredibly disconcerting. 

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

If he plays do you think the announcers will mention that he was in the hospital on W?   I’m thinking that if he does play and tech is driving with a chance to win at the end of the game the announcers will mention this. 

I’m sure they’ll talk about Texas not offering him and how it’s Herman fault that the kid had to play against Texas. I mean it’s the Big 12 way. Blame all your problems on Texas.

38 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It’s possible for him to play an entire game against our D and never get touched.

Alan Bowman feels playing against Texas Defense like.......

"CAN'T TOUCH THIS"  🤣

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hamttx said:

If what I originally read is in fact true. And that Bowman suffered a Thorax event prior to the ou game. Allowing him to compete in that game was borderline negligence as far as I am concerned.

The possibility of blood clots alone should have required a minimum 30 day observation period. Followed by an compulsory MRI of both the lung and surrounding tissue areas before allowing him to return to any activity that would apply moderate to extreme stress to his Thorax area. It’s folly to think that the young man fully healed to a safe enough level to return to such an activity as football in such a short time.

Not to mention watching him drop to his knee prior to the start of the second half after attempting to throw the ball was incredibly disconcerting. 

Somewhat wrong- do not need MRi, CT scan is plenty. Blood clots can be ruled in or ruled out within a few minutes by CT chest on a PE protocol, don't know where the "30 day" observation period comes from, but it doesn't come from medical practice.

That being said, it would be irresponsible to put Bowman out there with a known history recurrent pneumothorax--which is what he had. At least not for 6 weeks, when the regular season would be over.

17 minutes ago, hornian said:

Kingsbury could likely be fired for cause if he allowed Bowman to play and he was injured again. I’m sure he (Bowman) wants to, but that woild just be completely irresponsible. 

Certainly woild. 

3 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Jett Duffey is going to be harder for our D to run down anyway.

Sounds kinky

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hornian said:

Kingsbury could likely be fired for cause if he allowed Bowman to play and he was injured again. I’m sure he (Bowman) wants to, but that woild just be completely irresponsible. 

Because you know the discussions between the doctors, Bowman, and cKK, right?

Fuck it.  Just run with your thoughts though...

Bro needs to sit Bowman for the rest of the season.  Tech is in the running for absolutely nothing and it is not worth sending out his star QB to be beaten down over and over for some shitty 6 win bowl invite.  Let Duffy take the snaps and have Bowman 100% for next year.  I agree that if he sends out Bowman and kid gets crushed and in the hospital again KK has a liability issue and needs to be held accountable.

1 hour ago, nycHorn said:

I really enjoy Orlandos pressers.

Hope Orlando's defensive group prepares better in practices this week and and is both more fundamentally sound and tackles much better vs Tech.  Time for Orlando to get his Defensive guys to play well on the Road and generate turnovers......🤘

Edited by LTtxfan

6 hours ago, slorch said:

Because you know the discussions between the doctors, Bowman, and cKK, right?

Fuck it.  Just run with your thoughts though...

First off, I said could, not would. In this climate, with a NCAA player who died this calendar year, putting a player who has suffered TWO collapsed lung injuries back on the field would be both actual negligence (i.e. cause), and political negligence. 

Plus, if you really think he is "the man" for next year and year after, you shut him down this year to protect his long-term future. 

45 minutes ago, hornian said:

First off, I said could, not would. In this climate, with a NCAA player who died this calendar year, putting a player who has suffered TWO collapsed lung injuries back on the field would be both actual negligence (i.e. cause), and political negligence. 

Plus, if you really think he is "the man" for next year and year after, you shut him down this year to protect his long-term future. 

It is exactly because of the social climate in college football, that what you posted was out of line, especially for a coach with zero history substantiating any such allegations.  For all of Kliff’s opportunities, he’s been solid on that front

Carry on...

Edited by slorch

26 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

So we plan to go bigger vs an air raid team? When we have little talent at LB an an insistence on playing Wheeler and I am sure Locke in Nickel package??

Welp that will probably not end well for Texas Defense.

Have to stop the run.  If Duffey beats us throwing it wasn't our night.   

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

So we plan to go bigger vs an air raid team? When we have little talent at LB an an insistence on playing Wheeler and I am sure Locke in Nickel package??

Welp that will probably not end well for Texas Defense.

He don't throw ball good. 

I'd almost like to see a 3-4 with Foster and Overshown as OLBs so we'll finally have some speed on the edge but that's a lot for freshman going against this style of offense... which will look really weird running as much as they will. 

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Yeah, I don't think Duffey will beat us throwing. He's a running QB.

Now, let's cross our fingers that he doesn't go all Jerrod Heard vs. Cal on us.

Well we still lost that game, so...

At this point, with our defense, any win, by any margin, against any team, I'll take.  

I don't need speed on the edge so much as I need discipline. Obviously, faster is better, but too often this season all semblance of defensive integrity got lost when a DE or LB decided to crash down on the ball fake rather than contain.

We have a stupid amount of speed in the defensive backfield. Just keep the ball carrier foxed at the LOS. If he's running towards the sideline, a safety or DB (or heck, even a DT that recovered) will be along directly to finish the tackle.

Know your role. Play your role.

• Like 1