USMNT 2019

Napoleon

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Brooks when healthy. But thank you for a levelheaded take. I don't think people realize how much of a potential phenom Adams is turning into. At least, Hagbard doesn't realize that. 

I like Brooks... and I would not have him in the Top 3 above the 3 yutes.

18 hours ago, ztejas said:

Didn't you admit to not have watching Zardes play recently? Zardes has been good and should be our starting 9 imo. And this is coming from someone that has seriously doubted him in the past. 

You can question what you want, but if you aren't watching these guys actually play then it's all conjecture. 

I don't need to watch 1 minute of Zardes or Altidore because they shouldn't be in the set-up period end of story based on:

1. Their age today.

2. Their age in 3.5 years.

3. The greenfield opportunity with 18 months until the pre-hex is even on the radar.

4. A Full International tournament that only effects player value under the age of 22.

Can they help in qualifying?  I don't know, but we don't need to burn caps and minutes on them in this tournament.  Current form is irrelevant.

If we were playing in Copa America I would have the exact opposite opinion.

18 hours ago, Napoleon said:

would be interested in seeing your current ratings. 

If you look at:
-Impact on club
-Level of the league the club plays in
-How the club did this season...

Adams could currently be our "best player", not even "2nd best".

I'd assume that most people have Christian Pulisic at #1, though he's been ass for the USMNT since we crashed out against T&T and he's barely featured for Dortmund, but Weston McKennie's club sucked ass this year, he played all over the place out of necessity, and he was injured some. Adams had a much better year than Weston.

Other than: Pulisic, Adams, & McKennie, who else would even be in contention for Top 3 Best Players for the USMNT?

How anyone can rate Adams over Brooks in any of your metrics is beyond me but whatever.

I look forward to seeing Adams feature.  But if Bradley takes what should be Adams' spot next to CP we are wasting the opportunity everyone says this tournament is supposed to provide.

18 hours ago, ztejas said:

Brooks when healthy. But thank you for a levelheaded take. I don't think people realize how much of a potential phenom Adams is turning into. At least, Hagbard doesn't realize that. 

Z, you are slepting yourself.  Brooks is obviously apparent, you diss me for not elevating Adams to #2, then you admit Brooks.

The fuck?

It's like you're spoiling/baiting for handbags at 20 paces.  Let's move on to griping about what Gregg is going to do in an hour.

Anyone with the starting lineup?

16 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I like Brooks... and I would not have him in the Top 3 above the 3 yutes.

Take out CP from the analysis.

Run Brooks, Adams & McKennie through your metrics and show the argument.  I'm willing to listen.  You should add another metric: "winning goals in opening world cup group games against bitchass opponents that ended the 2 prior world cups for the US".

Brooks: 1

Adams: 0

McKennie: 0

Another metric: featured to help hometown club gain promotion to the top league in that country.

How about, appeared in 75% of club's league matches in campaign that secured Europa league qualification.

McKennie has 1 goal in 47 appearances for Schalke 04.

Adams has 0 goals in 10 appearances for Leipzigbulls since joining in January.  Yes, he did start and feature in the Pokal final loss to Bayern this season, just after missing 6 games injured.  Yes, he looked _very_ good this spring before the injury.  Yes, he is in that same position that CP was 2 years ago, joining in the winter and immediately having an impact in the spring.  But CP did it at 17/18 years old, Adams is doing it at 20, and CP started scoring immediately.  Zero, zed, zip, zilch goals in ten (10) appearances.  Ten.  Diez.  десять.  Zehn.

This tournament should be a coming-out-party for both of them.  If Gregg gets it right.

But they do not yet beat Brooks in any of Napoleon's metrics.

2 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

ha, lots of boos in cincy. nice. i'm glad americans have invested in us soccer in a way that puts the fed on the hot seat so to speak.

The Fed stayed the course after World Cup qualifying replacing Gulati with one of his lackeys. There is no hot seat for American soccer. The program is dying and nobody in charge gives a fuck. They think everything is fine. 

• Like 1