Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

6 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

South Carolina’s Lance Thompson is a veteran DL coach and has done very well there so far. I’m not sure if he’d take the same position at another school unless things go downhill there since he has deep ties to the state.

Someone mentioned a while back LSU DL coach Dennis Johnson when the Ogre eventually burns that program to the ground 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

I just scrolled through your posts and none of them are worth reading, and unfortunately for you and the board, you have been doing this for a while. The fact that you are not getting better at it after so many tries speaks volumes.

Case in point: here is one of your latest posts: "We don’t want too many smart guys on the team. They can be problematic. They can start thinking about things like preserving their health. We need some dumb guys willing to totally sacrifice their bodies to win. Ya, that’s it." What the hell, man? Only teenagers would reason like this.

Now carry on.

Not sure if retarded or if we have reached inception level trolling. 

13 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

It's funny watching you assholes prognosticate about hiring new position coaches when we haven't played a down yet.  You dickweeds should stick to lurking.  It's a better look.

Agreed, this thread is full of whining and bitching when none of us have any idea how these HS players will turn out. The NFL is full of busts, and they have 3-4 years of college data + thousands of hours of analysis by professional scouts. 

Outside of your 5-10 true five stars, this is pretty close to a crap shoot. 

Some players will want to play for Texas, some won't. Great! 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

It's funny watching you assholes prognosticate about hiring new position coaches when we haven't played a down yet.  You dickweeds should stick to lurking.  It's a better look.

If we didn't have "asshole prognostication", we would never get to 1000 . . . have a goal>>meet it. Seems simple.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Trey Sanders is in Dallas and is planning on visiting Texas within the next few days.

Seems to me that if he is in Dallas, he’s already visiting Texas. 

Insert rimshot.gif, but fuck me, I can’t make it happen.

Edited by Victor Lazlo

15 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Long time lurker on Shaggy and Surly and first time poster. I have no recruiting intel whatsoever and will never have any. Not going to pay any 9'95ers so that I can cut and paste their content on Surly. Here for the gang bang with kandi and karen while I watch the shit show that's Surly.

You want to watch Karen in a gangbang? Gross, dude. Even for Surly that's just nasty. 

8 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Agreed, this thread is full of whining and bitching when none of us have any idea how these HS players will turn out. The NFL is full of busts, and they have 3-4 years of college data + thousands of hours of analysis by professional scouts. 

The old "recruiting is not that important because some guys do not pan out" sunshine pumper defense. That's one of the best defensive mechanisms of the sunshine crowd when we are not recruiting well at a position. 

This despite the overwhelming macro evidence suggesting otherwise. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

This is an unbelievably stupid take. If this Is what you actually think, then you shouldn’t be reading the recruiting threads anyways.

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Eh. Maybe but he was already scheduled to visit on tuesday.

It's a commit that they are not supposed to say anything about. Caldwell has basically been telling everyone he is about to flip so I doubt it's him. 

From EJ:

— Five-star IMG Academy (Fla.) running back Trey Sanders is in Dallas visiting family and told me that he is planning to make a visit to Texas in the next few days. Sanders is still very high on Texas and has a strong relationship with Texas running backs coach Stan Drayton. Sanders is also high on schools like Alabama Florida and Georgia and wants to make his decision late in the process.

— There is a report out that a target committed elsewhere is making his way to campus this weekend. Yes, we know who it is but won’t disclose the name until he actually shows up in Austin. Right now, travel plans are still being worked out. The target does hold a Texas offer and is a prospect that I’m really high on.

— Four-star offensive lineman Javonne Shepherd expressed his displeasure with recruiting media today after numerous reports about his potential visit to Texas A&M. Shepherd did not make it to College Station today, and we don’t expect him to make it tomorrow. We do, however, expect him to make it to Austin next weekend. We are continuing to heard that Texas is in a very good spot with him.

— Texas has been in contact with TCU offensive line commit Andrew Coker, and there does appear to be some interest there — remember, Texas offered Coker during the spring evaluation period. Coker has reshaped his body this offseason and is a very intriguing prospect.

Odds the committed target is one of Demani or Leal? Agreed that if it's Caldwell it wouldn't be under the wraps, unless he's planning a flip today.

Edited by Cashdaddyblumpkins
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

The old "recruiting is not that important because some guys do not pan out" sunshine pumper defense. That's one of the best defensive mechanisms of the sunshine crowd when we are not recruiting well at a position. 

This despite the overwhelming macro evidence suggesting otherwise. 

Yea, I really enjoyed the last 9 years of great TX recruiting! We really kicked some ass. 

We've gotten our shit pushed in regularly by teams full of 2-3* players. 

Bama, with loads of 5* winning every year skews the "macro evidence". 

Do you need to have a great class regularly to win? Yes, but crying out your vagina every time we don't get a prospect who may or may not pan out,  is just silly. 

1 minute ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Yea, I really enjoyed the last 9 years of great TX recruiting! We really kicked some ass. 

https://247sports.com/Article/National-Signing-Day-Why-recruiting-unquestionably-matters-for-college-football-success-50905753

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2016/2/2/10889856/national-signing-day-rankings-ncaa-football

Please, tell us more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Do you need to have a great class regularly to win? Yes, but crying out your vagina every time we don't get a prospect who may or may not pan out,  is just silly. 

Outside of sarvanaash, who actually does the “crying out your vagina” routine when a recruit goes elsewhere?

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Sure, from the article you linked: 

At this point, it’s important to acknowledge strong recruiting does not guarantee on-field results and that other teams have bucked the elite recruiting trend with sustained success.

Texas, for example, has not finished worse than 17th since 2011 in the 247Sports Composite rankings with four Top 10 classes to its credit. But in that time the Longhorns have compiled a record of 41-35 overall.

The overall macro data doesn't mean dick for us. We need to build the foundation of the program and get the right kind of players 2 win. 

UT is literally the exception to the rule. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

1 minute ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

UT is literally the exception to the rule. 

And do you think that we are going to be exception to that rule for the forseeable future?

Are you familiar with the Mack Brown bump?

Good recruiting is the foundation for championship teams. It's not the only component, we all know that.

Edited by Machinator

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

So, recruiting is really important, but not the end all and be all. Like we already knew. Lot of violent agreement happening here.

You might be missing the point. I’ll wait to see if totallynotabuttpirate sprints back on here with 3-4 more revelatory posts to confirm that.