Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

9 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Your strategy of being obtuse is a curious one. I bet you thought Fred Rouse and Ryan Perriloux were big loses too. 

Fred Rouse showed up to his visit high and smelling of weed and it was widely discussed on the boards. And yet there were still people upset Mack did not pursue. 

If you want evidence of guys we passed on or thankfully missed....see Parrish cobb. 

1 hour ago, SameSame said:

So people here are saying Brooks is a drug dealer, a drug user and a full on rapist with massive and constant attitude problems.

Let's be clear, that's exactly what some of you are saying.  So I guess we should expect some sort of charges or suspension any day now.

You mean like being kicked off the team last year?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Why are you stanning so hard for a guy that every regional staff has passed on? That alone should tell you something's fucky.

yeah, even if you don't believe the "rumors" on this board or from the recruiting sites it's fairly obvious there are issues or every in state school wouldn't be passing on a top prospect like Brooks. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SameSame said:

You're just talking out of your ass and getting huffy and neg repping because someone simply asked you to back up your ass claims.

No, it was discussed when it happened. I'm not doing your homework for you 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Why are you stanning so hard for a guy that every regional staff has passed on? That alone should tell you something's fucky.

I don't know if the guys too much of a bad dude or if it's worth trying to bring him in and give him guidance and leadership.  I do give our staff the benefit of the doubt.  I also know he's been to campus so it's not like there was never interest or they weren't going to talk to the guy.

When you're start saying he's a known drug dealer and rapist seems like there would be something more out there than sewing circle rumors from one fanbase that he coincidentally decided not to commit to.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, SameSame said:

I don't know if the guys too much of a bad dude or if it's worth trying to bring him in and give him guidance and leadership.  I do give our staff the benefit of the doubt.  I also know he's been to campus so it's not like there was never interest or they weren't going to talk to the guy.

When you're start saying he's a known drug dealer and rapist seems like there would be something more out there than sewing circle rumors from one fanbase that he coincidentally decided not to commit to.

14c.gif

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, SameSame said:

This is a weird hill to die on. Why do you think every in state school has passed on Brooks? Do you think they just randomly pass on top 100 type prospects? 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

SIAP, but apparently Chris Steele took improper benefits from USC reporters.

I also found this. 

https://wearesc.com/forum/index.php?threads/usc-coaching-in-question-by-players.55472/

CP619 would be called every name in the book if that was posted on Surly. Waaaaaay too polite over there. 

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

This is a weird hill to die on. Why do you think every in state school has passed on Brooks? Do you think they just randomly pass on top 100 type prospects? 

I'm not dying on any hill.  The guy's going to LSU.  Looks like both sides are happy with that.  He gets to join a good program and they get this psychopath who Texas fans say will destroy the program.  We all take our chances.

• Fuck You 14

11 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Used to be the "green dot" cash cards.  Somebody could load the cards in a walgreens or similar, and anybody could convert them into cash easily.   The Feds clamped down on that.  No good anymore. 

Since every app allows money transfers nowadays, I am guessing things like Venmo, CashApp, and hell,  Snapchat and Facebook Messenger are all the rage these days.

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I saw that.  This link has a poster just below the original claim that says he was not kicked off.  That's why I was asking for specific games he missed because of suspension and not injury.  Just trying to look up stats.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Board/21/Contents/EJ-Marcel-Brooks-question-110068368/

4 minutes ago, SameSame said:

I saw that.  This link has a poster just below the original claim that says he was not kicked off.  That's why I was asking for specific games he missed because of suspension and not injury.  Just trying to look up stats.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Board/21/Contents/EJ-Marcel-Brooks-question-110068368/

Mike Roach (247 mod) said in that thread that he confirmed with a source that Brooks was suspended for several weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

Funny. People seem to conveniently forget how thuglife the Vince NC team was. There's a reason Mack recuited choir boys after the NC team.

Not saying that Brooks is a take. But not many teams win it all without some questionable but highly gifted individuals.

source.gif

thuglife = championships  choir boys = texas from 2010-2017

brooks is a take

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 15

49 minutes ago, SameSame said:

I'm not dying on any hill.  The guy's going to LSU.  Looks like both sides are happy with that.  He gets to join a good program and they get this psychopath who Texas fans say will destroy the program.  We all take our chances.

4 minutes ago, Carl Winslow said:

brooks is a take

I'm legitimately unsure if both of you are trolling or are just mentally defective. I'm either case, I'm negging you both. It's the only way to be sure.

6 minutes ago, Carl Winslow said:

source.gif

brooks is a take

This is such horseshit. We had 1 or 2 starters on that team get into trouble. The vast majority of the players were not “thugs”. Negged for stupidity. 

• Like 5