Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 minute ago, Ron Swanson said:

So what does the existence of these story titles on Hornfans mean?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commitment Spotlight: Caleb Johnson (Jameson McCausland) October 18, 2018

Commitment Spotlight: Marcus Washington (Daniel Seahorn) October 19, 2018

Commitment Spotlight: Peyton Powell October 19, 2018

I assume its writeups on guys texas is in on and who are committing soon. 

33 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

So what does the existence of these story titles on HornSports mean?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doesn't necessarily mean those commitments have happened - they pre-write articles once it seems in the realm of possibility. Which is why it's funny watching them flail when a guy like Tillman commits out of leftfield.

1 hour ago, Ron Swanson said:

So what does the existence of these story titles on HornSports mean?

FWIW, commitments from those 3 would put us at 5th in the recruiting rankings with 21 commits.

E.J. Holland: Herman leaves lasting impression on recruits with Bevocopter

The Bevocopter was back in the air as Texas head coach Tom Herman took advantage of the bye week and saw some of the Longhorns’ top recruiting targets. Needless to say, Herman hovering over high school football stadiums in his chopper before landing and taking in game action from the sidelines made a big splash. “It was something you’re not going to see everyday,” said four-star 2020 Fort Bend Austin wide receiver Troy Omeire. “He didn’t have to come to my game, so it means a lot for him to have come and spent time with my team.” Omeire was the first prospect Herman saw via helicopter. Next up was a trip to Rosenberg to see three-star Huntsville defensive lineman and 2019 Texas commit T’Vondre Sweat.

Friday was an extremely busy day. After making a few stops via traditional transportation, Herman was back in the sky and made his way over to Katy Taylor vs. Katy Mayde Creek to see a trio of talented offensive linemen in Andrew Coker (2019), Bryce Foster (2021) and Hayden Conner (2021). “Whether it was a helicopter or a car that got him there, it was just great to see Herman and (Herb) Hand on the sideline,” Conner said. “I’m getting a lot of love from the Longhorns.” Next up was a quick flight to see a North Shore team with three offered recruits — five-star 2020 running back Zachary Evans, four-star 2020 offensive lineman Damieon George and four-star 2021 athlete Shadrach Banks. “It was a good feeling,” Evans said. “I honestly didn’t see it at first. My team actually saw it and asked me who it was. It was live.”

Herman capped off his night by seeing elite 2020 Clear Creek offensive lineman Chad Lindberg. Texas needs to add more quality players in the trenches, and Lindberg, whose older brother is a student at UT, is a top priority. So just how big of an impression did the Bevocopter leave on Lindberg? “It’s big to see their interest in me,” he said. “Spending that much time and money to see me on the only Friday night they have to see players in live action means a lot. It was cool to see.”

Linberg’s mother, Emily, may have been even more impressed with Herman’s decision to helicopter in. “We were super excited about the arrival of the Bevocopter,” Emily said. “I hadn’t really told a lot of people, so everyone was wondering what it was. I don’t think Chad’s teammates really thought it was going to happen, so they were thrilled. UT’s stock definitely rose.”

While in Houston, Herman also saw Texas offensive line commit Javonne Shepherd, five-star 2020 wide receiver Demond Demas and key 2020 defensive line target Vernon Broughton. Herman was in Dallas earlier in the week and checked in on the likes of elite 2020 Duncanville prospects Chris Thompson and Ja’Quinden Jackson as well as four-star 2020 Highland Park defensive lineman Prince Dorbah. With Texas grabbing some big wins on the field and having a Top 10 class on the fold, this was the perfect time for Herman to get out on the trail.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Unfortunately, probably this. 

In other news, tOSU's greatest weakness is their LBs and their secondary. They could have some player development problems because Okudah and Browning should be doing much, much more. 

Michigan may get the upper hand here then.  Minnesota should have been a wake up call--that game was way closer than the final score.  

40 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Michigan may get the upper hand here then.  Minnesota should have been a wake up call--that game was way closer than the final score.  

Schiano might actually be able to gameplan against Meat Chicken's pro style offense

6 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

God I hope so. If we win that game shit starts getting real around here. Meaning guys like Wilson start considering a flip. This is my opinion. 

Playoff Rankings come out 3 days after the OK State game. Yeah, a win over the Pokes would make things very interesting. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

8 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Allegedly the USC boosters are targeting Jack Del Rio. This is just going to get worse before it gets better Bru/McCoy Family. 

Joel klatt suggested a few weeks ago that they throw the kitchen sink at shawn McVay. That would be a game changer. It's not likely to happen but who could USC hire that wouldn't be meh?

Just now, Butch Had Not said:

Joel klatt suggested a few weeks ago that they throw the kitchen sink at shawn McVay. That would be a game changer. It's not likely to happen but who could USC hire that wouldn't be meh?

I like Klatt, but that's the dumbest thing he's ever said. 

If USC is looking to hire the best available, I'd go with Matt Campbell, but he is so far outside of their comfort zone, they'll never do it. 

2 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

Leach

There would never be a dull day in LA with Leach at USC. 

I think he'd be crazy to leave, unless he wants to prove something. I think he's a best coach in the history of the Big 12 Conference. Yes, better than Snyder. Tech basically fired their Bear Bryant and they may never live it down.