Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

The only thing that will top this is when the visitor's name comes out and turns out to be totally underwhelming, leading to a complete meltdown across every board.

Or the opposite. There's a lot of buzz on twatter that its Kenyon Green because some random says he saw him at the West Campus cabo bobs. Imagine the reaction if its true.

Edited by HermsMasseuse
  • Fuck You 10

Horns247 Saturday Scoop: Intel on official visitors, five-star target

— One of this weekend’s most important visitors is four-star Mansfield Legacy defensive back Jalen Catalon. We are told that Catalon is having “a lot of fun” on campus and is spending some quality time with guys on the team like Caden Sterns and Kobe Boyce. It should be mentioned that Catalon works with the same trainer that Boyce and Sterns went to. Texas still needs to win over his parents, but the Longhorns are making an impression on Catalon himself.

— TCU offensive line commit Andrew Coker was a surprise visitor this weekend. Texas has been working on Coker for a while, and the Longhorns were finally able to get him on campus. I don’t buy that this is just a courtesy visit. Coker has a great relationship with Herb Hand and has spent a lot of time with him as well as the support staff this weekend. I’m not saying that a flip is coming, but it’s definitely a possibility. There is something here.

— As we first reported, Texas running backs coach Stan Drayton was in Houston today to see five-star 2020 North Shore running back Zachary Evans. While the focus has been on early signing day, Evans will arguably be UT’s biggest target next cycle. I caught up with Evans’ brother, CJ, who told me that he is building a strong personal relationship with Tom Herman. In fact, CJ and Herman text on a weekly basis. He was also impressed that Drayton came to the game despite Texas hosting official visitors. We still feel great about where Texas stands early on.

— Texas defensive line coach Oscar Giles made a late week stop to see key 2020 defensive lineman Princely Umanmielen. Right now, Texas and OU are the early frontrunner. On the flip side of the line, Herb Hand made a late week stop at Fort Bend Hightower to check in on 2020 Texas A&M commit Smart Chibuzo. He is solid with the Aggies but is one to monitor.

9 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Horns247 Saturday Scoop: Intel on official visitors, five-star target

Reveal hidden contents

— One of this weekend’s most important visitors is four-star Mansfield Legacy defensive back Jalen Catalon. We are told that Catalon is having “a lot of fun” on campus and is spending some quality time with guys on the team like Caden Sterns and Kobe Boyce. It should be mentioned that Catalon works with the same trainer that Boyce and Sterns went to. Texas still needs to win over his parents, but the Longhorns are making an impression on Catalon himself.

— TCU offensive line commit Andrew Coker was a surprise visitor this weekend. Texas has been working on Coker for a while, and the Longhorns were finally able to get him on campus. I don’t buy that this is just a courtesy visit. Coker has a great relationship with Herb Hand and has spent a lot of time with him as well as the support staff this weekend. I’m not saying that a flip is coming, but it’s definitely a possibility. There is something here.

— As we first reported, Texas running backs coach Stan Drayton was in Houston today to see five-star 2020 North Shore running back Zachary Evans. While the focus has been on early signing day, Evans will arguably be UT’s biggest target next cycle. I caught up with Evans’ brother, CJ, who told me that he is building a strong personal relationship with Tom Herman. In fact, CJ and Herman text on a weekly basis. He was also impressed that Drayton came to the game despite Texas hosting official visitors. We still feel great about where Texas stands early on.

— Texas defensive line coach Oscar Giles made a late week stop to see key 2020 defensive lineman Princely Umanmielen. Right now, Texas and OU are the early frontrunner. On the flip side of the line, Herb Hand made a late week stop at Fort Bend Hightower to check in on 2020 Texas A&M commit Smart Chibuzo. He is solid with the Aggies but is one to monitor.

Getting Evans next year would more than make up on any Backs missed this year.

29 minutes ago, Keef said:

I will say this is the longest a “secret visitor” has ever been kept secret. I wonder if it is someone committed to another school that wouldn’t like him taking another visit. Maybe Marcel Brooks?

Brooks is visiting BlowU this weekend per some reports.....

And I slept at a Holiday Inn last night 

3 minutes ago, DeweyCox said:

If Hand wants Coker...I’m not gonna question it.

That's how I'm trying to rationalize  it, but we're running out of prospects, and this just seems like a weak take and hope for the best. His film is meh. Maybe Yancy can make something out of him. I guess if Hand wants him, I'll be all in for the time being. I'm just skeptical. Hand is human, he does make mistakes, remember that.

Edited by Spider2YBanana