Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

20 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Rhule is a good recruiter, and a line guy at heart, but us losing a straight h2h with no extenuating circumstances to Baylor would be odd.

Powell is a legacy to Baylor.  I’d consider that extenuating circumstances.  No clue on Hookfin.  And I agree, Rhule is a good recruiter and coach. 

If that does turn out to be the case, that means we just have two OL in the fold and one of them I will generously say isn’t exactly an A+ mental evaluation. 

If Hookfin goes to Baylor we would have to evaluate, offer and sign two linemen between now and February. We did it last year on the defensive line but we had guys identified at least we were targeting. 

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

If that does turn out to be the case, that means we just have two OL in the fold and one of them I will generously say isn’t exactly an A+ mental evaluation. 

If Hookfin goes to Baylor we would have to evaluate, offer and sign two linemen between now and February. We did it last year on the defensive line but we had guys identified at least we were targeting. 

Christian Jones was a good February eval. That kind of thing can happen.

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Whats happened to the baksetball player from indiana or Illinois? He seemed to have promise 

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

The Hookfin stuff doesn't really make sense.  Why would the staff all the sudden back?  They've seen him enough in-person.

Also isn’t Hookfin supposed to be the Thursday silent? So he gave a silent came on his OV and changed his mind halfway through?

Edited by bEastTexas

29 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

If this Baylor noise with Hookfin is true and we just passed on him, and possibly didn't push hard for Coker (not sure about either one), it seems likely that the staff has backup options that we don't know about 

• Like 1

EJ on sanders

I don't think Florida is really a serious contender coming out of his OV this weekend. I had my Crystal Ball pick in for the Gators since last year but just changed it to foggy. I put it in when his brother was added to the team and just never changed it. If I had to put in a new Crystal Ball today, I would actually put it on Georgia. UGA seems like the safe bet as it's in the SEC, not too far away from home, and he loved his visit there. I obviously wouldn't count out Alabama, but confidence there seems shaky after the departure of Mike Locksley. Texas remains in the wildcard spot, and I feel like the Longhorns can still land him in one of those 'shock the world' moments. I don't think anyone is really going to know for sure on Trey until Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

If this Baylor noise with Hookfin is true and we just passed on him, and possibly didn't push hard for Coker (not sure about either one), it seems likely that the staff has backup options that we don't know about 

It would have to be. Although it does sound like we made a legit effort to flip Coker. But yes I agree the staff probably has other plans if we cooled on Hookfin. 

6 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

What a bunch of whiny fucktards we have on this board. 

Who exactly is whining? I see people discussing what the recent developments mean and what are the next moves for Texas, 

NM: I see who you are talking about. 

Edited by Newy25