Dallas Food and Drink

Bevo

I’m at a meeting in Plano this weekend. I’ve brought two assistants with me who are both in their early 20s. I’m looking for restaurants in Dallas at about a Papasitos price point. Where should we go to eat and where should we go for bars?

Yeah, that's an important distinction.  Are you looking for Dallas or Plano?   I don't know much about Plano but if sticking there I would guess something like Mi Cocina at the Legacy Shops is what you're looking for.  Think there are bars around there as well.

18 minutes ago, LebongJames said:

Let’s get this out th way now because I was told this when I asked.

Plano is not Dallas. 

Plano is also fucking huge. 

@Bevo It might help if you tell us where your meetings are or where you're staying? 

Also, don't go to Mi Cocina. You can do better. 

Edited by ztejas

8 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Westin Stonebriar

You're in Frisco.  Hit just about anything in Shops at Legacy or at the Star.  You're literally 5 minutes from each and there are tons of options.  Going all the way into Dallas, which is at least 30 minutes, wouldn't be worth the drive at all.  Several of the best restaurants and bars from Dallas have opened a second location out there.  You'll get the burbs version, but not worth the drive to get the OG version on any that I can think of.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

You're in Frisco.  Hit just about anything in Shops at Legacy or at the Star.  You're literally 5 minutes from each and there are tons of options.  Going all the way into Dallas, which is at least 30 minutes, wouldn't be worth the drive at all.  Several of the best restaurants and bars from Dallas have opened a second location out there.  You'll get the burbs version, but not worth the drive to get the OG version on any that I can think of.

Agree with Shops. I haven't been out to anything at the Star yet. Definitely not worth drive to Dallas. 

25 minutes ago, LonghornJones said:

Lava Cantina.

I will be there tonight for a show. The food is terrible 

Haywire is solid but a little over your price point. Assuming it's just y'all and not having to entertain/impress clients, Hit up the legacy food hall. Or whiskey cake or sixty vines for actual restaurants, they're just a couple miles south of you 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

Food:

Chik-Fil-A

Bars:

Strangeways

Parliament

Pussy:

Target

Kung Fu Saloon

Concrete Cowboy

HG Supply

Truck Yard

Bucks Wild

Weather is going to be too shitty this weekend for them to make the lengthy trek from Frisco down to Truck Yard.

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Weather is going to be too shitty this weekend for them to make the lengthy trek from Frisco down to Truck Yard.

If you drive 45 minutes to go to Truck Yard you're going to be disappointed. 

Analogy: it would be like driving from the Domain to go to Barton Creek Trailer Park. Except farther. 

Edited by ztejas

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

If you drive 45 minutes to go to Truck Yard you're going to be disappointed. 

Analogy: it would be like driving from the Domain to go to Barton Creek Trailer Park. Except farther. 

Truck Yard is awesome -- if the weather is nice.

As someone else said, no need to drive to Dallas. You can show your little hotties a good time by pre-gaming at Legacy Hall, eating at RA (sushi), Mi Cocina (I know, I know, but women get wet over that place), Haywire (already mentioned) Del Frisco's Grill (casual spin off of the original) or Earl's (my favorite down there).

Afterward take them to 8/11 wine bar in downtown Frisco. Nice place to wind it down with live music outside by fire pits.

Then sit back and wait for the 3some to come to you.

• Like 2

On 2/8/2019 at 3:02 PM, landman said:

Going to be in Dallas in 2 weeks for the KISS concert with wife.  Staying by the arena and looking at food options.  Intrigued by Billy Can Can for dinner.  Anyone been?

Billy Can Can is terrific, a great place for nice, upscale bar food before a show.  The venison tartare  and fried quail are winnners.  Skip the fancy deviled eggs and smoked fish dip.  The chairs and stools in the main room are very uncomfortable, though.  Try to be seated in the back room / salon.  Good choice.