2020 ATH Mookie Cooper

thepop

Back up your logic then. Mookie didn’t know about this HS coach the past year and a half? Lulz indeed.

Of course he did. He is a teenager. Their decisions change with the wind, and I am sure that his cousin (Shammond Cooper) is also in his ear.

But since this is the first kid ever to flip like this, I am sure that you are right.

1 minute ago, Capn81 said:

Of course he did. He is a teenager. Their decisions change with the wind, and I am sure that his cousin (Shammond Cooper) is also in his ear.

But since this is the first kid ever to flip like this, I am sure that you are right.

Mookie and Shammond aren't related.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2018/5/11/17323730/cory-patterson-illinois-football-recruit-trinity-catholic-st-louis-lovie-smith

I’m not making up the rumors about Ill payments. M.Beason and I.Williams committed early and out of the blue last year as well.

But I’m sure your intimations that players couldn’t possibly be paid up there rings true. Makes all the sense given the immediate and sudden 180.

• Like 2

I’m not making up the rumors about Ill payments. M.Beason and I.Williams committed early and out of the blue last year as well.

But I’m sure your intimations that players couldn’t possibly be paid up there rings true. Makes all the sense given the immediate and sudden 180.

And do you think that we do not do the same? Seriously? I have some bridges to sell you if you do. That is the game. Also, is you think that Illinois has more “resources” than we do, I have a few more bridges to add the to the list.

• Fuck You 1

Don't be obtuse. It's pretty easy to parse the regular flips and the sketchy ones.

Oh sure there are some, but there are too many connections on this one for me to ignore. My guess is that he saw the competition, and wanted to go somewhere were he was not going to be recruited over. Happens frequently.

7 minutes ago, Capn81 said:

Sure, we would be amongst the heavy hitters (and we are). But many other schools have similar alumni.

The hell you talking about? Please list all the recruits that a) were 100% committed elsewhere, b) had never considered us as a likely destination, c) visited once, and d) flipped to us immediately?

• Like 3

The hell you talking about? Please list all the recruits that a) were 100% committed elsewhere, b) had never considered us as a likely destination, c) visited once, and d) flipped to us immediately?

What are you talking about? Are you saying that Mookie was not considering Illinois before he “magically” flipped? Illinois was the first school to offer him. He took multiple unofficial visits to Illinois before his official visit. Illinois offered him way before we did. Illinois was always in the mix for Mookie and that % grew when Patterson was hired on at Illinois.

What’s not hard to see is that Illinois is buying players. Unless one is being intentionally obtuse. Or a moron.

So by your logic, the underdog never wins? The big guys never get outworked? Maybe they are paying. I don’t give a shit if they are, but being obtuse is thinking that this isn’t the game that gets played every day.

1 hour ago, Capn81 said:

Illinois hired their old high school coach, who they all seem to love, a few years back. This has been the biggest driver.

Let's see the "link" on this one, hoss.  Or were you just talking out of your ass?  

1 minute ago, Capn81 said:

The strong ties mentioned here are what you need to know.

Yes, the former coach had ties to him and his 2 teammates.  Probably aided in the payoffs.  Says nothing about being the biggest driver.  One could just as easily extrapolate that the 2.5 hr drive was the main reason.  Or his 2 teammates being there.  Fail.

Read the coaches comments on this board.  I don't care to hunt them down but I'm not making it up.  Others can confirm.  Believe it or not, doesn't faze me.

Your link to that article proved nothing.  Your opinion of why he went there has the same amount of proof of my opinion.  Mine is more plausible given the timeline and sudden about face however.

Yes, the former coach had ties to him and his 2 teammates.  Probably aided in the payoffs.  Says nothing about being the biggest driver.  One could just as easily extrapolate that the 2.5 hr drive was the main reason.  Or his 2 teammates being there.  Fail.

Not a fail. If you cannot see the impact that this will have, I cannot help you. You also think that a team that cannot crack the top 50 in recruiting, and will not with Mookie, are cheating. Not much proof in that pudding.

Read the coaches comments on this board.  I don't care to hunt them down but I'm not making it up.  Others can confirm.  Believe it or not, doesn't faze me.
Your link to that article proved nothing.  Your opinion of why he went there has the same amount of proof of my opinion.  Mine is more plausible given the timeline and sudden about face however.

Scholz. We will just have to agree to disagree. Trust me, I can be the biggest dipshit in the world. I just think there is too much at play/too many ties here to automatically jump to cheating.
  • Like 1

Yeah but they're freaking Illinois.

Haha. Full disclosure I live in Champaign, and I was shocked when he committed to Texas. Seriously, the talk up here was that he was Illini lean the whole way. Not sure how it all flipped but I was not shocked to see him decommit.

He decomitted, not flipped.  He’s even been quoted as saying he’s starting at square one with recruiting.  To claim or allude that he, or anyone else close to him for that matter, was paid just to decommit is flat fucking dumb.

It was probably pretty easy for Illinois to push their line of thought. I imagine it probably went something like this, “Your coach whom you’ve know most of your life is here, you’d be closer to home, you have friends/teammates here, and we’ve landed some decent players this past class.”

Its pretty a pretty simple fucking sell.  The Big 10 is top heavy and picking up two extra wins to get bowl eligible isn’t completely out of the question.  I don’t know who the fuck they play and I’m not going spend time looking it up.  I can’t imagine it would be too hard.

Calling him bought at this point is fucking stupid.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

He decomitted, not flipped.  He’s even been quoted as saying he’s starting at square one with recruiting.  To claim or allude that he, or anyone else close to him for that matter, was paid just to decommit is flat fucking dumb.

It was probably pretty easy for Illinois to push their line of thought. I imagine it probably went something like this, “Your coach whom you’ve know most of your life is here, you’d be closer to home, you have friends/teammates here, and we’ve landed some decent players this past class.”

Its pretty a pretty simple fucking sell.  The Big 10 is top heavy and picking up two extra wins to get bowl eligible isn’t completely out of the question.  I don’t know who the fuck they play and I’m not going spend time looking it up.  I can’t imagine it would be too hard.

Calling him bought at this point is fucking stupid.

Eh believe what you want but Illinois has been in some really scuzzy recruitments recently and this one stinks. Compare it to no one saying Rondale was bought, for instance.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Capn81 said:

Haha. Full disclosure I live in Champaign, and I was shocked when he committed to Texas. Seriously, the talk up here was that he was Illini lean the whole way. Not sure how it all flipped but I was not shocked to see him decommit.

Reading your posts, I surmised that you are a poor, dumb bastard.  Now I have confirmation.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Eh believe what you want but Illinois has been in some really scuzzy recruitments recently and this one stinks. Compare it to no one saying Rondale was bought, for instance.

I’m not saying they haven’t.  I’m simply saying it could have been that easy for them and it would make sense.  It’s scarily similar to Rondale’s actually and we wished him the best.  

He seems like a good dude so why not give him the benefit of a doubt for the time being?  If he flips tomorrow, then yeah.  I’ll hop on the train just like the rest of us hopped on the train on South Austin’s mom.

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom
  • Like 4