Make Net Neutrality a Constitutional Amendment

Hugo Stiglitz

25 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I had this idea a few days ago and I can’t think of many legitimate reasons not to do this.  

I wanted to pitch it to the assholes here so they could tear the idea apart.

It’s actually a pretty solid litmus test to see if ones a troll or if one is merely stating their honest beliefs as being opposed to NN is an utterly indefensible position.

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

If not for this, we need to get back into the business of amending the Constitution to adapt to a changing world.

Our government is 100+ years behind technology, social changes and population growth because of the Constitution.

So yes.  Agreed.

Edited by Js1

13 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

28.  The First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, and Ninth Amendments confer no rights on non-natural persons.

Cannot add rep right now, but god damn yes.

14 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Are you talking Texas constitution? Maybe, then.

But the US? If so, then you really don't understand what the US Constitution does, imo.

I think this is right.  There are circumstances, namely robust competition between ISPs and online media companies, where net neutrality wouldn't be as desirable or desirable at all.  The Constitution is for matters of structure of the government and mostly immutable principles/rights.  I don't think NN qualifies.