Best North American City to Spend a Week?

Gator Dave

1 hour ago, Longhornmaniac8 said:

No, but neither will you be getting nonstop to plenty of the cities mentioned here. Easy connection opportunities on AA through LAX and UA through DEN.

Both San Jose and OAK have non-stop flights to/from; Austin, Houston, and Dallas.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

I suggest the OP not fixate on just one city, but instead take in an entire state. Delaware is 96 miles north to south. Fly into Philly, catch some sort of bus down to the Delaware border in that maze of chemical plants, and start walking. You won't need map or compass, if your feet get wet, you're too far east, if the ground starts to feel Marylandy, you're too far west.

You can enjoy all sorts of booze by saving on transportation (walking) and lodging (overpasses.)

By the time you get to the southern border, you can drag your hobo-crazy ass into some roadside crab shack, and wait for them to call the cops on you. Again, more free lodging.

Edited by RDCanecutter
fuck you i don't need a reason to edit i just edit when i feel like it.

With respect to the discussion of flying directly into California towns that are not immediately near one of the main airports like SFO or LAX two very obvious points with considering: (1) it will almost always be cheaper into fly to a main airport and drive to your destination and (2) driving around California...especially its coast is a highlight of any California trip.