Israel

SmokeyBear1861

32 minutes ago, Cacti said:

I think the word “fascist” is too strong but let’s go with your definition: an establishment is fascist if they have a list of unwelcome people. By that definition the owner of the Red Hen, Stephanie Wilkinson, is also fascist, because she, too, has a list of people who aren’t welcome at her establishment, e.g., anyone who works for POTUS.

Before we worry about “far-right fascism” behavior in Israel, maybe we should instead address fascism (by your definition) in the U.S., even if it’s the far-left variety.  

Israel has had a military occupation for 51 years and all opposition is suppressed in some form or another. The situation is much more serious than whatever was referenced by the Red Hen.  The Israeli hotel owner is also privately doing the same thing as the Israeli government which suppresses opposition to their regime on the Palestinians. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Disagreed with Orca but miss his passion in this thread. We both agreed that targeted assassinations and bombings of leaders is the better way to go than imposing sanctions. As to real news, the US is closing the PLO’s office in Washington. My response is good and get the fuck out. The Palestinian leadership has gotten rich off Western foreign aid while spewing anti-Semitism and hatred to their people. The Palestinians have utilized the status quo to become dependent on foreign aid while absolving them of the responsibility of forming a functioning government, economy and society. The only way the Palestinians will no longer be obstinate and finally reach a peace deal for 2 states with the Israelis is for them to be compelled to do so by making it uncomfortable for them.

4 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

The only way the Palestinians will no longer be obstinate and finally reach a peace deal for 2 states with the Israelis is for them to be compelled to do so by making it uncomfortable for them.

Let's please stop with this Make Believe and Pretend stuff. That's a precise opposite rendering of the diplomatic history and documentary record of this conflict going back over 40 years.

• 1 month later...

thread needs a bump. 

apparently settlers killed a Palestinian woman by throwing a rock through her windshield 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/palestinian-said-killed-in-west-bank-crash-caused-by-settler-stone-throwing/

A Palestinian woman was killed in a car crash late Friday in the northern West Bank after a group of Jewish settlers threw rocks at the vehicle she was riding in, a rights group and Palestinian media said. Police announced Saturday morning that they have opened an investigation into the incident.

According to Yesh Din, which documents alleged Israeli rights abuses in the West Bank, the stone-throwing at the Tapuah Junction caused 47-year-old Aisha Muhammad Talal Rabi’s husband to lose control of the car.

The mother-of-two’s cousin Isam Rabi said her husband spotted a small group of settlers close to the scene.

Let's please stop with this Make Believe and Pretend stuff. That's a precise opposite rendering of the diplomatic history and documentary record of this conflict going back over 40 years.

It hasn’t worked yet, but it’s cause we’ve been too soft on them. This time it will really work! /GOP

12 minutes ago, NowThis said:

thread needs a bump. 

apparently settlers killed a Palestinian woman by throwing a rock through her windshield 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/palestinian-said-killed-in-west-bank-crash-caused-by-settler-stone-throwing/

A Palestinian woman was killed in a car crash late Friday in the northern West Bank after a group of Jewish settlers threw rocks at the vehicle she was riding in, a rights group and Palestinian media said. Police announced Saturday morning that they have opened an investigation into the incident.

According to Yesh Din, which documents alleged Israeli rights abuses in the West Bank, the stone-throwing at the Tapuah Junction caused 47-year-old Aisha Muhammad Talal Rabi’s husband to lose control of the car.

The mother-of-two’s cousin Isam Rabi said her husband spotted a small group of settlers close to the scene.

No story that includes West Bank settlers can surprise any more.

11 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

If you always do what you always did, then you'll always get what you always got/Dutch Mantell. 

to have Kushner lead this farcical process is so insulting to the Palestinians.  Too many Jews representing the US delegation, need to mix in at least one Arab Muslim American for some balance. What a sick joke when the JK has financial interests in WB settlements. 

1 minute ago, NowThis said:

to have Kushner lead this farcical process is so insulting to the Palestinians.  Too many Jews representing the US delegation, need to mix in at least one Arab Muslim American for some balance. What a sick joke when the JK has financial interests in WB settlements. 

Again, this is just another "wouldn't you know who won the pony?" situation that is commonplace with this abject failure of an administration.

On 10/13/2018 at 11:09 AM, NowThis said:

thread needs a bump. 

Those fuckers over there can throw some rocks, I'll tell ya. Had a couple of Palestinian kids chucking rocks at my car when I got lost driving around somewhere near the Dead Sea, they almost hit close to home.

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2018 at 8:12 AM, NowThis said:

common occurrence where Israeli occupiers demolish a home in the occupied west bank.  And the Arabs are angry for nothing? 

Well that's the mentality here because here, it's just given that the Israelis actually have a right to do such things, and there's no end to the depth of the morally depraved apologetics that defenders of such barbarism will offer. 

• Like 2

On November 23, 2018 at 11:46 PM, hpslugga said:

Well that's the mentality here because here, it's just given that the Israelis actually have a right to do such things, and there's no end to the depth of the morally depraved apologetics that defenders of such barbarism will offer. 

They need to do that in order to fulfill prophecy so Jesus can come back, end the world, and send them all to Hell. A Hell they don't believe in. 

Duh. Religion makes perfect sense. Get on board. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

12 hours ago, maninblack said:

It's over a year old, but yeah, those people are fucking cowards and if one were to roll all their testicles into a drinking straw simultaneously, it'd look like a bunch of kernels of corn rolling through a storm drain.

More corruption charges in store for Bibi. 

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/BigStory12/idUSKBN1O108F

Netanyahu's legal troubles mount as police seek new bribery charges

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli police on Sunday said they had found enough evidence for bribery and fraud charges to be brought against Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his wife in a third corruption case against the Israeli leader.

Authorities allege Netanyahu awarded regulatory favors to Israel’s leading telecommunications company, Bezeq Telecom Israel (BEZQ.TA), in return for more positive coverage of him and his wife on a news website, Walla, owned by the company. Netanyahu denies any wrongdoing. 

If indicted, the four-term prime minister would be facing one of the greatest challenges to his political survival. Despite his dominance of Israeli politics, the newest police recommendation comes just after his right-wing coalition’s majority was reduced to a precarious one seat in parliament. 

The final decision on whether to indict rests with Israel’s attorney-general, who is still weighing whether to charge Netanyahu in the other two cases.

1 hour ago, LongestHorn said:

They are recommending he and his wife are charged, but will they be charged, let alone convicted?  

Yeah, no.  Because corruption works.

Maybe the third time will be the charm? I don't know. I figured he'd be in jail by now. Israeli leaders seem to have a recent history of winding up in jail on corruption charges so we'll just have to wait and see. 

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-israel-lebanon-tunnels/israel-targets-hezbollah-attack-tunnels-from-lebanon-idUKKBN1O30CJ?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

METULA, Israel (Reuters) - Israel said on Tuesday it had launched an operation to “expose and thwart” cross-border attack tunnels from Lebanon dug by the Iran-backed Lebanese movement Hezbollah.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m going to Israel 🇮🇱 in the spring. Can’t wait. Will be visiting and meeting with people in the West Bank and Israel proper. Finished the book Both Sides, parallel histories of Israel-Palestine conflict. I’m a little more sympathetic to the Pals than I was before. Want to see what’s going on there with my own eyes.

• Like 1

seems my post, which was spoilered, a pic with the Arab man with the brains blown out, was removed. Sad and shameful censorship showing a pro Israel bias (as usual).

No one wants to have the ugly reality of Israeli brutality exposed. Why is that?

Edited by NowThis

here is a standard article... hopefully this won't be censored.. It's laughable people pretend to be progressive liberals around here -- except for the Israeli fascism which gets a free pass on all types of evil 

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-idf-troops-shot-disabled-palestinian-in-the-back-of-the-head-as-he-walked-away-1.6743207?fbclid=IwAR2eHhUG0Fa71fG4LSRSgYUCwQTTABnZ7-R-nNDPEdazrwzNuwFazZF3EfY

The Disabled Palestinian Slowly Walked Away. Then, Israeli Troops Shot Him in the Back of the Head

Mohammad Khabali started to retrace his steps. Security camera footage shows three soldiers moving ahead, to within 80 meters of him. Suddenly two shots are heard. The mentally disabled young man collapses, dead

The street was relatively quiet. A small number of young people winding up the night at the coffee houses – and about 30 soldiers opposite them. The security camera at one of the restaurants shows 2:24 A.M. From the video provided by that camera and three others along the street, whose footage was obtained by B’Tselem, the Israeli human rights organization, we see no stone throwing, no large groups milling around. What is seen are three soldiers moving forward, ahead of the rest of their unit. One shot is heard from a distance, and another; two soldiers apparently fired simultaneously. The person seen carrying a stick and walking on the other side of the street, away from the approaching soldiers, falls to the ground, face down. For a second he tries to lift his head – before dying. Another young man is hit in the leg. The soldiers leave in a hurry.

10 minutes ago, NowThis said:

nope, spoiler alert is good enough and i had plently of description leading up to it. Don't be a baby, face up to the reality. 

You don't set the rules here, leave a link with a  description to anything that could be considered gore, that has been the shaggy --> surely way for over a decade. Don't like it and feel its censorship, then go start your own site you have our blessing

4 minutes ago, Smax said:

You don't set the rules here, leave a link with a  description to anything that could be considered gore, that has been the shaggy --> surely way for over a decade. Don't like it and feel its censorship, then go start your own site you have our blessing

wrong, a pic within a spoiler is adequate. Hence the purpose of a spoiler.  

Notice all the right wingers don't want Israeli crimes revealed. It's only the right wingers/(or Jews if they choose to visit this thread) who will argue this point. 

Rand Paul stands up to Israel, Jews and Evangelicals attack him 

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.premium-pro-israel-groups-launch-campaign-against-rand-paul-over-bid-to-block-military-aid-1.6697708

Pro-Israel Groups Launch Campaign Against Rand Paul Over Bid to Block Military Aid

AIPAC, Christians United for Israel invest hundreds of thousands of dollars in ads against Sen. Paul, who is trying to block bipartisan security aid to Israel

WASHINGTON – Pro-Israel groups have in recent days invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in advertisements against Republican Senator Rand Paul over his attempts to block bipartisan security aid to Israel. 

Paul, a libertarian from Kentucky who opposes U.S. foreign aid, is using his ability to put a hold on legislation called “the U.S.-Israel Security Assistance Authorization Act,” which codifies into law an agreement signed in 2016 by the Obama administration and the Netanyahu government to provide $38 billion to Israel over a decade.

While the legislation easily passed both chambers of Congress over the summer, Paul is holding it from going up for a final authorization vote in the Senate. As a result, both AIPAC and Christians United for Israel have put up ads attacking him for hurting Israel’s security. The ads appear both in social media and on television stations in Paul’s home state. 

“I’m not for foreign aid in general, if we are going to send aid to Israel it should be limited in time and scope so we aren’t doing it forever, and it should be paid for by cutting the aid to people who hate Israel and America. This is a stance I’ve taken for many years,” Paul explained in a statement given to Jewish Insider

34 minutes ago, NowThis said:

wrong, a pic within a spoiler is adequate. Hence the purpose of a spoiler.  

Apparently not seeing how it was deleted by a mod, seriously stop being a child this isn't a new rule its how its ALWAYS been on shaggy and now here

14 minutes ago, Smax said:

Apparently not seeing how it was deleted by a mod, seriously stop being a child this isn't a new rule its how its ALWAYS been on shaggy and now here

wrong, you are being the baby.  Hence the purpose of a spoiler, which provides the option to open. Otherwise, a spoiler has no value.

he it is again for you babies, having the effect of a double spoiler, first you agree to open the spoiler, then you agree to open the link (in effect a second agreement).

warning -- headshot with blood and brains all over the place. It'll blow your mind. A 60 year old man killed by Israel.

more to come , happens all the time to Arabs, but you only see things that happen to Jews because of severe media bias. 

Spoiler tags don’t work on Tapa.

And not wanting to see a man with his brains blown out has shit all to do with whatever right wing crap you were spewing.

I’m liberal and think Israel has and continues to do lots of fucked up shit and I don’t want to see that picture you posted.

And not because of politics but because pictures like that make me nauseous.

And it’s the rules - take your outrage to 4chan or reddit or wherever it’s within the rules to post gross faces of death pictures. I’m sure they’d love you.

6 hours ago, NowThis said:

nope, spoiler alert is good enough and i had plently of description leading up to it. Don't be a baby, face up to the reality. 

I'm not squeamish about such things but I really don't see a point in posting graphic images like that here. Both sides could post graphic images of death. The gross out factor doesn't make either of their arguments right. 

American media only shows us one side of the story, that's true. But they also don't show us Israeli victims of Palestinian attacks. Keep posting news items. A photo of someone with their head blown off probably isn't going to change anyone's mind. 

10 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

If only he would have gotten his head blown off in the Israeli consulate office in Turkey.

Jared's also in the pocket of friends with the head of Israel so the result would probably be the same even if the victim was a permanent legal resident of the U.S.  

23 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I'm not squeamish about such things but I really don't see a point in posting graphic images like that here. Both sides could post graphic images of death. The gross out factor doesn't make either of their arguments right. 

American media only shows us one side of the story, that's true. But they also don't show us Israeli victims of Palestinian attacks. Keep posting news items. A photo of someone with their head blown off probably isn't going to change anyone's mind. 

Photos of dead or blown up American soldiers might change some minds.

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

From what to what?

From supporting American military intervention to not supporting American military intervention.

We'll probably still support drone strikes and killing brown non-Americans, but maybe we could save the lives of some soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines.

Maybe it wouldn't change all that many minds, but I still think we should portray the reality of war for all Americans to see.

Edited by David Dennison

37 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

strongly disagree. The world needs to see the full extent of Israeli evil, which is something very unfamiliar to the American audience. In our jaded world, there is very little shock value remaining, but there's a huge difference in blowing people's brains out and tear gassing crowds or pretending the shootings are in self defense.  A picture says a thousand words remember? It's a very efficient way of showing the truth. I see no difference materially, except for efficiency's sake, posting the pic or describing "a 60 year old Pal man was shot dead at a checkpoint" - we've seen that many times, pics of the situation tell the story with much more reality.  We should insist on pics and videos as evidence to the crime. I got that pic from FB feeds and i will post all of those that i can. 

As for Israeli "victims"; it's actually Israeli policy to censor that so as not to give the Arabs a propaganda boost. This has been Israeli policy for decades, they don't want the world to see dead Jews, even wounded soldiers have blankets over them as they are being carried on stretchers.  And now the juicy part - Israeli victimhood is a fraud as they are the agitators, oppressors and dictators, so i cannot accept that idea in the least. 

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

From supporting American military intervention to not supporting American military intervention.

We'll probably still support drone strikes and killing brown non-Americans, but maybe we could save the lives of some soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines.

Maybe it wouldn't change all that many minds, but I still think we should portray the reality of war for all Americans to see.

I suppose it probably depends on the war. It changed (some) people's minds about Vietnam. And we stopped televising pictures of American dead after that. They didn't have tv for WWII but pictures of American dead in Life magazine didn't change people's minds. That was a just and winnable war. 

After 9/11, we had to invade Afghanistan. That was a just war and well executed up until we let bin Laden escape from Tora Bora. Until then I don't think images of dead American soldiers would change anyone's mind. Now that we're just an occupying force supporting a corrupt and ineffective government in Kabul, a government that will fall to the Taliban as soon as we leave, maybe they would. I don't know. 

20 minutes ago, NowThis said:

strongly disagree. The world needs to see the full extent of Israeli evil, which is something very unfamiliar to the American audience. In our jaded world, there is very little shock value remaining, but there's a huge difference in blowing people's brains out and tear gassing crowds or pretending the shootings are in self defense.  A picture says a thousand words remember? It's a very efficient way of showing the truth. I see no difference materially, except for efficiency's sake, posting the pic or describing "a 60 year old Pal man was shot dead at a checkpoint" - we've seen that many times, pics of the situation tell the story with much more reality.  We should insist on pics and videos as evidence to the crime. I got that pic from FB feeds and i will post all of those that i can. 

As for Israeli "victims"; it's actually Israeli policy to censor that so as not to give the Arabs a propaganda boost. This has been Israeli policy for decades, they don't want the world to see dead Jews, even wounded soldiers have blankets over them as they are being carried on stretchers.  And now the juicy part - Israeli victimhood is a fraud as they are the agitators, oppressors and dictators, so i cannot accept that idea in the least. 

I think you're wrong. Post all the faces of death you want. Let me know the first time the picture is the difference that changes anyone's mind.