Israel

SmokeyBear1861

most people don't realize what Israel is doing in the West Bank. For example, "administrative detention" without trial or charge, which can be extended forever. 

972 mag is run by liberal Jews 

https://972mag.com/israel-sent-an-average-of-29-palestinians-a-month-to-admin-detention-last-year/136890/

Israel sent an average of 29 Palestinians a month to admin. detention last year

As of May 2018, 440 Palestinians were being held in Israeli prisons without charge or trial, according to new data. Administrative detention orders can be renewed indefinitely, without any way for the prisoner to defend themselves in court.

By Yael Marom

Illustrative photo of Israeli soldiers arresting a Palestinian man in the southern West Bank, June 23, 2018. (Wisam Hashlamoun/Flash90)

Illustrative photo of Israeli soldiers arresting a Palestinian man in the southern West Bank, June 23, 2018. (Wisam Hashlamoun/Flash90)

Israeli authorities sent an average of 29 Palestinians a month to prison without charge or trial last year, according to new data provided by the Israel Prison service to B’Tselem. Over the past decade there was not a single month in which Israel held fewer than 150 Palestinians in administrative detention.

According to the data, as of May 2018, Israel was imprisoning 440 people in administrative detention, without charge or trial, among them two women and three minors.

By +972 Blog | June 24, 2018

Three of those people being held in administrative detention are currently on hunger strike, according to the Palestinian Prisoners’ Club. One of them, 30-year-old Hassan Shuka, has reportedly been on hunger strike for 54 days. Another administrative detainee, Mahmoud Iyad, has reportedly been on hunger strike for 22 days, and a third, Anas Shadid, for nine days.

Administrative detention is a practice which Israel uses to detain Palestinians (and occasionally some Jews) without charge or trial — indefinitely.

Administrative detention orders are reviewed every six months, but the detainees are not told of what crimes they are being accused or shown the evidence against them. The result is that it is virtually impossible to defend oneself against an administrative detention order.

Under international law, administrative detention should only be used in the most extreme cases.

In most modern legal systems, police or prosecutors release suspects when they don’t have enough evidence to charge them with a crime. In Israel, especially when the suspect is Palestinian, prosecutors and security forces find other ways to keep them behind bars.

Several years ago, at the height of mass hunger strikes by Palestinian prisoners, a senior Israeli security official confirmed that the state uses administrative detention in many cases out of laziness and when it just hadn’t bothered to collect enough evidence.

Then-public security minister Yitzhak Aharonovich recommended to security officials at the time that administrative detention be used “only if there is a need and not in all cases,” an implicit admission that the practice was being applied in far more cases than the exceptional, extreme circumstances in which international law permits its use.

the Arabs say "hey you guys can't have all the fun" so this attack, to them justifiable as retaliation to massacres and daily humiliation:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-44975955

An Israeli civilian has been stabbed to death in a settlement near Ramallah in the occupied West Bank.

The 31-year-old victim was taken to hospital where he died of his injuries, a hospital spokesman said.

Two other Israelis were wounded in the attack in Adam on Thursday. One, aged 50, is in a critical condition and the other suffered minor injuries.

Edited by Orca of Peace

I asked the Israeli fascist this question 2 or 3 times but no answer:

the question is if Jimmah was the Dem candidate and satisfied all the liberal requirements that Jews like - BUT - he is very hostile to Israel (which he is), would Jews vote for him?

The question was regarding Jewish priorities in a candidate whereby a poll showed US-Israeli relations far down the list of priorities. I countered that they were not and are in fact the #1 priority (when it matters).  Right now doesn't matter much at all given their ultra dominance. 

So, would Jews vote for Jimmy Carter today, given all they know about him?

Israel arrest a Pal girl for slapping an IDF soldier who was standing in the family front yard. The IDF had killed her uncle previously and blasted much of the skull off her cousin (he survived). So she slapped him and got 8 damn months in prison. She was just released this weekend which coincided with 2 Italian artists painting her mural on the west bank fence. Keep in mind that the fence has hundreds of graffiti murals throughout it's stretch. 

However, IDF decides to arrest and deport these 2 Italian artists, as another symbolic act of domination with no practical value. 

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2018/07/28/569538/detain-palestine-Israel-graffiti

54823555-efc4-437f-bede-56d7c7af072e.jpg

Israeli forces have detained two Italian graffiti artists who were working on a mural of a jailed Palestinian teenager Ahed Tamimi.

According to Palestinian officials on Saturday, the two Italian artists and a Palestinian who was accompanying them were detained while they were working on a painting on the controversial Israeli separation barrier in Bethlehem in the West Bank.

Tamimi was sent to prison for assault after a film of her kicking and slapping an Israeli soldier in the West Bank went viral on December 15 last year.

I see no problem with their deportation.

I live in a country where if I said something bad about the president or engaged in political protest I could be deported or worse.

Don't break the law when you are visiting  a foreign country

3 hours ago, RayDog said:

I see no problem with their deportation.

I live in a country where if I said something bad about the president or engaged in political protest I could be deported or worse.

Don't break the law when you are visiting  a foreign country

the west bank is occupied territory and this was very selective enforcement to send a message of intimidation. The underlying reason of arrest, murder and brutality against a specific family is another issue I'll detail in a bit.

22 minutes ago, RayDog said:

It is not an occupied part of Italy. (Actually it is not an occupied part of any country.) Foreign graffiti artists should be deported by any country, unless they have approval for their project.

You do realize you’ve started a debate with the preeminent authority on Israel, don’t you? He even PM’d me to challenge me to a debate. You’ve done it now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

You do realize you’ve started a debate with the preeminent authority on Israel, don’t you? He even PM’d me to challenge me to a debate. You’ve done it now. 

In other words, I am debating with a stupid troll. I know.

6 hours ago, RayDog said:

It is not an occupied part of Italy. (Actually it is not an occupied part of any country.) Foreign graffiti artists should be deported by any country, unless they have approval for their project.

doesn't have to be part of Italy, but i'm glad you showed up. I need several demographics on this thread:

Jewish fascists, white supremacists, Evangelical crazies and a catch-all trash category of internet douchebags, ignorants, etc. 

42 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

how about criticizing the laws of another country on the Internet? Is that OK?

Duterte could still deport me for that.

But he is doing such a wonderful job that I have no reason to criticize him.

Edited by RayDog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

Israel arrest a Pal girl for slapping an IDF soldier who was standing in the family front yard. The IDF had killed her uncle previously and blasted much of the skull off her cousin (he survived). So she slapped him and got 8 damn months in prison. She was just released this weekend which coincided with 2 Italian artists painting her mural on the west bank fence. Keep in mind that the fence has hundreds of graffiti murals throughout it's stretch. 

However, IDF decides to arrest and deport these 2 Italian artists, as another symbolic act of domination with no practical value. 

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2018/07/28/569538/detain-palestine-Israel-graffiti

54823555-efc4-437f-bede-56d7c7af072e.jpg

Israeli forces have detained two Italian graffiti artists who were working on a mural of a jailed Palestinian teenager Ahed Tamimi.

According to Palestinian officials on Saturday, the two Italian artists and a Palestinian who was accompanying them were detained while they were working on a painting on the controversial Israeli separation barrier in Bethlehem in the West Bank.

Tamimi was sent to prison for assault after a film of her kicking and slapping an Israeli soldier in the West Bank went viral on December 15 last year.

You quoted PressTV. The official propaganda outlet of the Islamic Republic. Great job. Why do you have so much sympathy for the Palestinians? I have lots of sympathy for the Venezuelan people, for example, because they are suffering and starving as a result of the policies of Chavez and Maduro. The Palestinians, on the other hand, are the most unsympathetic group of people on this planet. There hasn’t been a single eloquent advocate from Fatah or Hamas to state their case over the decades. Edward Said doesn’t count since he was a professor and not a Fatah or Hamas representative. Hanan Ashrawi is the best they had to throw out. Compare that to Israel. Before he was PM, Netanyahu would be on all of the news talk shows on CNN, MSNBC and Fox News. He speaks perfect English with a Philly accent! He came off as reasonable and relatable and like the educated Jews we come across in daily life. The Palestinians never seem to understand that they need to be waging a PR battle. They have never come close to having a leader like Mandela, Gandhi or MLK. All you hear from Fatah and Hamas are bluster, bitching and no appeal to better side of humanity. 

If the Palestinians were smart, which they have never been, they’d be pushing for 1 man 1 vote. Hard not to get international support for such a proposition and it would put the US in an impossible position internationally to argue against. That’s not how the Arab mindset works. Arab culture is diseased and rotten to its core. It glorifies and romanticizes subjugation of others above all as they are the most chauvinistic people on this planet. It’s more important to them to fuck over the Jews and to wipe them out than to build a functioning society over their own. In virtually every metric, from functioning government, university research, women’s rights, gay rights, minority rights, etc., the Arab world is at the bottom of the barrel. Have you ever met a rich Saudi or Emirati?; they are full of themselves and will lie to your face and deny the obvious. Lying is not a problem in Islam and is in fact encouraged in order to fuck over infidels. Before anyone complains and says I’m saying these things because I’m Iranian, I have the same critique of Iranian society that has been infected by Arabism. The mullahs hate pre-Islamic Iranian history and culture. They really are an Arab occupying force.

I admire and have tremendous respect for Netanyahu because he understands the true nature of his Palestinian adversary. If Israel pulled out of the West Bank tomorrow, the Palestinians wouldn’t use that as an opportunity to make something of themselves and build a real country for themselves. They’d view it as a sign of weakness by Israel and would devote all of their resources and energy trying to drive the Jews into the sea. That’s the truth and that’s why I have very little sympathy for the Palestinians. Maybe 100 years from now, Arabs will evolve. Until then, I’d do exactly what Netanyahu is doing. I also admire Gen. Sisi in Egypt because he too understands the true nature of the Muslim Brotherhood and deals with them in the only language they understand, brute force.

that news story is all over the internet, Press TV or even Haaretz. 

Having a Philly accent shows they are foreigners. Having a think Arab accent shows they are native peoples.  No wonder they are unable to brainwash the likes of you, the language barrier. 

Your post is thick with racism, hatred of Arabs as inferior subhumans, so you are part of the problem.  This issue is not religious, so that is another of your mistakes. 

For some sophisticated Arab viewpoints, go to Electronic Intifada.com ; read Ali Abunimah who is pushing for a 1 man 1 vote solution. 

thanks for the bump though and enjoy your ignorance. 

7 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

doesn't have to be part of Italy, but i'm glad you showed up. I need several demographics on this thread:

Jewish fascists, white supremacists, Evangelical crazies and a catch-all trash category of internet douchebags, ignorants, etc. 

Oohh goodie, will I get added to this list? Please, please, please!

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

oh and i love this part

Compare that to Israel. Before he was PM, Netanyahu would be on all of the news talk shows on CNN, MSNBC and Fox News.

exactly, the one sided fire hose propaganda with no opposition is EXACTLY why the American people are so brainwashed. If all they hear is one side their entire life. 

I went to Israel when I was a kid.  The Jews were not the ones chunking rocks at my group.  It was arabs in Hebron as we walked out of the Tomb of the Patriarchs.

I have absolutely no sympathy for Islam.  It is a death cult founded by a murderous pedophile that is a sickness on our planet.

13 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I went to Israel when I was a kid.  The Jews were not the ones chunking rocks at my group.  It was arabs in Hebron as we walked out of the Tomb of the Patriarchs.

I have absolutely no sympathy for Islam.  It is a death cult founded by a murderous pedophile that is a sickness on our planet.

this is an ethnic conflict, not a religious one. One of the many common mistakes, along with this being about anti-semitism. Neither is true. 

btw, the Jewish settlers hurl rocks at Arabs all the time (see my video on a prior page). They even attacked a traveling US delegation of officials  a few years ago; probably because they were Obama guys; right wing Jews don't like Obama's stance on Israel. 

I give credit to this leftist for acknowledging and describing the diseased Arab mindset that I outlined above. The Palestinians are not deserving of anyone’s sympathy:

“Former Labor MK Einat Wilf believes the Palestinians are not ready for peace. They are, in fact, miles away from accepting the idea of dividing the land and are still hoping Israel will soon disappear, she asserts in a new book.

And yet, she insists she’s a leftist.

But the peace camp must sober up, she says, and start realizing that peace will not come as long as the Palestinians cling to their demand to “return” to areas now belonging to Israel.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/a-self-declared-leftist-wages-war-on-the-palestinian-right-of-return/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

9 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I give credit to this leftist for acknowledging and describing the diseased Arab mindset that I outlined above. The Palestinians are not deserving of anyone’s sympathy:

“Former Labor MK Einat Wilf believes the Palestinians are not ready for peace. They are, in fact, miles away from accepting the idea of dividing the land and are still hoping Israel will soon disappear, she asserts in a new book.

And yet, she insists she’s a leftist.

But the peace camp must sober up, she says, and start realizing that peace will not come as long as the Palestinians cling to their demand to “return” to areas now belonging to Israel.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/a-self-declared-leftist-wages-war-on-the-palestinian-right-of-return/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

i only agreed about the PR issue and the thick Arab accents that don't resonate with Americans, whereas the slick Jews, with US or Brit accents, can manipulate you very easily with key words while they brutalize the native peoples.  israeli talking points have flooded this country for decades with no opposition, i think we both agree on that, hence your brainwashing. Which is why the other side seems so out of this world and outrageous because you have been weaned from birth on the other. 

29 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

i only agreed about the PR issue and the thick Arab accents that don't resonate with Americans, whereas the slick Jews, with US or Brit accents, can manipulate you very easily with key words while they brutalize the native peoples.  israeli talking points have flooded this country for decades with no opposition, i think we both agree on that, hence your brainwashing. Which is why the other side seems so out of this world and outrageous because you have been weaned from birth on the other. 

Maybe just maybe Americans like Jews a lot more than Arabs as a people. One group is relatable and has lots of educated people while the other group contributes virtually nothing to humanity. There is a reason that Israel has much more sympathy and it’s not just because of fundamentalist Christians.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

3 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Maybe just maybe Americans like Jews a lot more than Arabs as a people. One group is relatable and has lots of educated people while the other group contributes virtually nothing to humanity except for terrorism. 

same could be said of the educated relatable Christian white South Afrikaaners vs. the uneducated savage negros who were united under Communism. But history showed who was right ultimately. Your point is that of "us" vs. "them", it's two tectonic plates clashing and the Jews are with the white western world culturually and linguistically. Arabs are from another galaxy. 

wanted to give everyone an update.   Destroying 2000 olive trees, the livelihood of struggling farmers should be some sort of crime, but for Jews this is forgiven. If this was being done to Florida citrus growers, what do you think would happen? 

The crazy settlers destroyed 2000 trees in 2 months in an attempt for force the Arabs off the land. Why not torture the suspects as they would for Arabs? 

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-more-than-2-000-trees-in-west-bank-villages-destroyed-in-two-months-1.6336657

According to B'Tselem, in one incident near Hebron, 700 vines were damaged. So far, 10 suspects have been arrested, all of whom have been released

Palestinians in the West Bank village of Al-Mughayyir awoke Monday morning to discover that they had had unwelcome visitors overnight: Car tires had been punctured, and houses were spray-painted with slogans in Hebrew protesting stone-throwing. Two kilometers away, 25 trees belonging to the villagers were cut down – the latest of more than 2,000 trees that have been destroyed since May 1.

At least 2,000 trees were said to have been cut down between May 1 and July 7, including fruit trees, olive trees and grape vines, according to data from Palestinian victims of hate crimes collected by the Israeli human rights group B’Tselem.

2le5nnq.jpg

the relentless bombing of Gaza last night killed a pregnant mom and her 18 month old toddler, along with few others, and wounded about 20 people. Pictured is the death certificate of the unborn, not sure if I've seen a death certificate before a birth certificate, but their culture sees the unborn as a real person. 

Edited by Orca of Peace

35 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

2le5nnq.jpg

the relentless bombing of Gaza last night killed a pregnant mom and her 18 month old toddler, along with few others, and wounded about 20 people. Pictured is the death certificate of the unborn, not sure if I've seen a death certificate before a birth certificate, but their culture sees the unborn as a real person. 

Why was Gaza bombed last night.

to continue the well earned Israel bashing.. here is something showing how far right fascist that place has become.  A local hotel has developed a hit list of unwelcome Jews .

Comedian Jon Stewart is #1 on the hit list.. lol nuts. 

Quite a list, the ancient Bette MIdler, All CNN, All Haaretz, and more!

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Jerusalem-hostel-blacklists-Jewish-celebrities-journalists-as-haters-564803

he Jerusalem Heritage House hostel in the Old City may have blacklisted Jewish celebrities and journalists as haters of Israel.

DkiYttuU4AI1VJ6.jpg

28 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

to continue the well earned Israel bashing.. here is something showing how far right fascist that place has become.  A local hotel has developed a hit list of unwelcome Jews .

Comedian Jon Stewart is #1 on the hit list.. lol nuts. 

Quite a list, the ancient Bette MIdler, All CNN, All Haaretz, and more!

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Jerusalem-hostel-blacklists-Jewish-celebrities-journalists-as-haters-564803

he Jerusalem Heritage House hostel in the Old City may have blacklisted Jewish celebrities and journalists as haters of Israel.

DkiYttuU4AI1VJ6.jpg

Did you yell at your printer before or after you faxed it in?

I didn't know Bibi was a Holocaust denialist.  He and CLH should would get along.

Prime minister tells World Zionist Congress that Hitler only wanted to expel the Jews, but Jerusalem's Grand Mufti convinced him to exterminate them, a claim that was rejected by most accepted Holocaust scholars.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/netanyahu-absolves-hitler-of-guilt-1.5411578

13 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

...here is something showing how far right fascist that place has become.  A local hotel has developed a hit list of unwelcome Jews .

I think the word “fascist” is too strong but let’s go with your definition: an establishment is fascist if they have a list of unwelcome people. By that definition the owner of the Red Hen, Stephanie Wilkinson, is also fascist, because she, too, has a list of people who aren’t welcome at her establishment, e.g., anyone who works for POTUS.

Before we worry about “far-right fascism” behavior in Israel, maybe we should instead address fascism (by your definition) in the U.S., even if it’s the far-left variety.