2017-18 Rockets Thread

The Tower

1 hour ago, Orca of Peace said:

back to back must wins. What pressure! 

Lol all the talking heads said game 1 was a must win for Houston too. GAME 1. Ahaha.

Apparently the officials didn't fuck up that bullshit call on PJ getting shoved into a foul on a rebound under the basket. They also didnt fuck up the no call on Clay shoving Harden on the last play of the game. Wow. So they just pick some other shit away from the missed calls that they "got correct"? These two min reports are more of a joke than the officiating during the game. What a dumb idea.

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/05/L2M-HOU-GSW-05-22-2018-1.pdf

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

He was grimacing every time he tried to cut. He can still go straight and sit in the corner and drill jump shots, put the ball on the court and try to defend for 40+ minutes, there is no fucking way.

I’m pretty sure his lack of mobility right after the injury is why they went to Hack-a-Capela for a hot second. 

7 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

I’m pretty sure his lack of mobility right after the injury is why they went to Hack-a-Capela for a hot second. 

I think it was more because the previous 2-3 minutes prior to Hack-a-Capela strategy, he was becoming very lively on defense. Kerr wanted to challenge D'Antoni to keep Capela in the game by making Capela perform at the free throw line, but credit to Capela as he made enough of his takes.

PJ has been killin it but if Capela can get that oop going and some rebounding and rim protection I'm leaving him out there for big mins. 

Capela/Nene

PJ/Rino?

Ariza/Green

Harden/Gordon

CP3/Harden

Got to get one more guy in the mix, and Nene... Maybe Rino is ready to be back and really contribute. He used to get offensive rebounds and create a lil bit as well as stretch the fuck out of the floor.

1 hour ago, Sidney Sherman said:

Lol all the talking heads said game 1 was a must win for Houston too. GAME 1. Ahaha.

Apparently the officials didn't fuck up that bullshit call on PJ getting shoved into a foul on a rebound under the basket. They also didnt fuck up the no call on Clay shoving Harden on the last play of the game. Wow. So they just pick some other shit away from the missed calls that they "got correct"? These two min reports are more of a joke than the officiating during the game. What a dumb idea.

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/05/L2M-HOU-GSW-05-22-2018-1.pdf

i don't remember that about the talking heads. Anyway, G5 > G1 i suppose. Win G5 and they'll lose G6 so when in G7?  I don't like the healthy Iggy factor, bad news. 

15 minutes ago, Chapo said:

As much as I hate the 6.5 man rotation, I'm not sure if D'Antony will play the others.  Roll out the short rotation to win game 5, "throw away" game 6 to rest and play for game 7 at home.

I think you're correct on all counts with your post.

11 hours ago, maninblack said:

Just win. It's the playoffs. If Mike D only thinks he can trust 7 guys then fuck it, this is for the whole enchilada. Roll the dice. 

Exactly.  D'Antoni just doesn't have an 8th man right now.  Luc is the only potential 8th man, and you can't play a guy who can't make a layup.  Nene is unplayable. Ryno is a zero if he can't contribute offense.  It's ride or die with 6.5 guys for the rest of this series.

Edited by CurlyDumps

Golden state takes Capela out of the paint on the defensive side and Draymond helps off of Capela on the offensive side. Capela does just enough to make it a wash, but if you go small with Mbah Moute I think we get less contested paint points. Unless we can get the pick and roll going Capela isn’t that effective, even worse match up for NeNe.

Edited by Dog Zazz

1 hour ago, Dog Zazz said:

Golden state takes Capela out of the paint on the defensive side and Draymond helps off of Capela on the offensive side. Capela does just enough to make it a wash, but if you go small with Mbah Moute I think we get less contested paint points. Unless we can get the pick and roll going Capela isn’t that effective, even worse match up for NeNe.

You would like to see GSW abuse at the rim AND get everyone scrambling around the arc? Defense wins the games. Capela still defends the lane and rebounds. 

No, sir. No, thanks. There is nobody I'd want taking his minutes.

We need whomever has the ball to press the issue when they are up top.  Drive the lane.

I love Capella but he isn’t protecting the rim he’s guarding Curry or sitting in a corner gaurding Draymond. Mbah Moute plays defense too. Clint has effective spurts but the warriors are doing a good job of boxing him out and they know he ain’t taking any jump shots. Hope He breaks out tonite and I’m dead wrong. 

I love Capella but he isn’t protecting the rim he’s guarding Curry or sitting in a corner gaurding Draymond. Mbah Moute plays defense too. Clint has effective spurts but the warriors are doing a good job of boxing him out and they know he ain’t taking any jump shots. Hope He breaks out tonite and I’m dead wrong. 
Mbah Moute is hurt... recovering from injured.

Clint is still the best option near the lane. He has to be involved for the Rockets to win. Either defending, rebounding, or making GSW not switch a small guy to him...

6 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Exactly.  D'Antoni just doesn't have an 8th man right now.  Luc is the only potential 8th man, and you can't play a guy who can't make a layup.  Nene is unplayable. Ryno is a zero if he can't contribute offense.  It's ride or die with 6.5 guys for the rest of this series.

Ryno isn't  healthy either. His ankle is pretty bad because I know if he was healthy he'd be playing in this series against Looney and Bell.

4 hours ago, Dog Zazz said:

Yet his block on Klay was a huge play in the game 4. Capela has the the ability to recover from guarding at the 3 point line to the lane and still affect their shots. Green needs a little more playing time, he's bound to go on one of his 5-7 streaks from behind the arc in one of these games.