2017-18 Rockets Thread

The Tower

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I remember when Luc-Mbah Moute went down I thought our team would have no chance against the Warriors without him. He's healthy but not even in D'antoni's 6 man   rotation

Luc is a shell of himself right now. He would be a huge asset in this series if fully healthy.  

39 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I would have wanted iggy to play So the warriors played us at full force but I’ll take it.

last game had me down in the dumps so I will gladly eat crow. Just when I think I’m done they pull me right back in. Fucking love/hate my rockets so much.

oh my god you are such a beating.  you bitched constantly going into the game, were nowhere to be found during the game and now you're here wishing a glue guy would have played alongside his 4 all star teammates, but "you'll take it."  what the fuck ever.

in case you didn't notice, LRMBAM didn't play either and he's as important to the rockets as iggy is to the warriors.  

• Like 5

8 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

i'm also giving luc and maybe even ryno a couple of early minutes to see if either one of them can get going early.  it's gonna be hard to win this series playing 6.5 guys. 

100% agree. They need to throw Luc out there for 2-3 minutes in the first half. If he's effective, give him a little more run. If not, bench him. But I don't want to walk into game 5 and D'Antoni has already decided to only play 7 guys. 

I think endurance/energy will be a factor for the rest of this series.  Good news for Houston: 1. We play at home tomorrow so crowd should energize the players 2. If both teams are dead-legged late, we should win the war of ISO ball on offense/defense if GS falls into that trap again. 

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

oh my god you are such a beating.  you bitched constantly going into the game, were nowhere to be found during the game and now you're here wishing a glue guy would have played alongside his 4 all star teammates, but "you'll take it."  what the fuck ever.

in case you didn't notice, LRMBAM didn't play either and he's as important to the rockets as iggy is to the warriors.  

I said I will eat my crow. And Iggy is WAY more of a piece for the Warriors than Luc Richard is LULZ. I don't post endlessly during every game because I have a life and family and my son had a Select Basketball game, 4th grade. I kept as much as my phone speed let me watching the stream.

And who the FUCK wouldn't bitch as we got blown out by 41? Like we as fans don't have that right by you the self appointed super fan. STFU.

9 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

i'm also giving luc and maybe even ryno a couple of early minutes to see if either one of them can get going early.  it's gonna be hard to win this series playing 6.5 guys. 

Ryno's ankle must still be less than a playable %, because he should have played when Golden State was throwing out Looney and Bell for extended minutes. He provides the best floor spacing of our bigs, and would have an easy cover with Looney/Bell on defense.

28 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

wow, how many kids is that? + teachers and parents too?

300+. It's all the seniors. Also all first responders and some teachers, too. Tillman said he'd provide transportation and food if that would be something preventing any senior from coming.

Those kids deserve this, they need something to cheer them up. I had a cousin in California gift my family ALCS and World Series tickets after the hurricane, and being able to go watch the Astros win in epic fashion really took our minds off the devastation at home. It's so corny to say, but it was something to rally around and helped heal. I hope these kids are in for a treat, so that they can look back on one of the most awful moments of their lives and see that the Rockets were there to pick them up.

Edited by BigXII

20 minutes ago, BigXII said:

300+. It's all the seniors. Also all first responders and some teachers, too. Tillman said he'd provide transportation and food if that would be something preventing any senior from coming.

Those kids deserve this, they need something to cheer them up. I had a cousin in California gift my family ALCS and World Series tickets after the hurricane, and being able to go watch the Astros win in epic fashion really took our minds off the devastation at home. It's so corny to say, but it was something to rally around and helped heal. I hope these kids are in for a treat, so that they can look back on one of the most awful moments of their lives and see that the Rockets were there to pick them up.

Glad to see Tillman extend the tradition of the Rocket's owner being an absolute class act in the community. One of the underrated aspects of Alexander.

7 hours ago, Viper said:

Anyone else really impressed with those back to back steals Harden had in the 2nd quarter?

fuck yeah.  the first one was great and the pass to paul was great too, but the second one was my favorite because he picked him clean one on one.

39 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Wow, game 5, at home, possibly 2 of the Hampton 5 are out?  Gotta win this one and put their backs up against a wall!

Rockets have to win game 5.  Even then, the Rockets are against the wall, not GS.They have a title.  We don't.  The back and forth series favors them. They won game 1.  We are gonna have to give a shit about 2 games in a row.  And it has to be game 5 because refs are gonna give them game 6 at home no matter what. 

58 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

i can't imagine that they'll both be out, but...

I can. Iggy is old, and Klay's injury was pretty awful looking. I'm not surprised he came back last night, but I'm pretty sure if there was any structural damage to the ligaments or meniscus, that shit would have blown up overnight. Warriors are in a tough spot, if they play those 2, they risk further injury and could still lose as they did in game 2. They could also try to rest them an extra 2 days, and see how things are for game 6 going forward. Warriors aren't in a do or die situation, but they will be if those 2 get hurt worse.

24 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I doubt Klay sits, since it didnt look like the knee bothered him as he played.

He was grimacing every time he tried to cut. He can still go straight and sit in the corner and drill jump shots, put the ball on the court and try to defend for 40+ minutes, there is no fucking way.