2017-18 Rockets Thread

The Tower

3 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

most important play of the game was CP3 getting on the ref's ass

I'm hoping it does have an impact. Haven't seen much yet, Rockets got a few calls (they deserved), but damn they got some obvious ones wrong against the Rockets... As always...

REMINDER

Shaq was right. He said GSW didn't have the heart, Kenny and Charles both said the Rockets "have to do something different" to win. Shaq still won't be allowed to talk now that he's sitting there, right as fuck...

Oh shit nvm, they let Shaq soft spoken ass do the play-by-play on the highlights ahahah nice!

Edited by Sidney Sherman

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Who thought the Rockets would be up by 10 at halftime in Game 6 in Oakland? I certainly didn't.

Rockets are +11 in this series with Harden playing and Paul on the bench. This is not unheard of, but the defensive breakdowns need to get worked out.

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Rockets are +11 in this series with Harden playing and Paul on the bench. This is not unheard of, but the defensive breakdowns need to get worked out.

Well they aren't going to give help because they have to watch those moving screens off the ball... So if there's iso action then iso gonna iso. The rockets are betting on Shawn Livingston not being able to out iso-ball James Harden.. I agree..

lol Kenny's dumbass just said James Harden is better without CP3, because he isn't just a one dimensional scorer. PLEASE give me a break. Dude has like a million assists to guys on the wing for 3 and a million more assists alley oops to Capela.

Speaking of which, I think they need to go to the PnR with Capela and beast these mother fuckers on some epic alley oops. They literally used to have like 5 or 6 a game, easy, and zero this series.

Edited by Sidney Sherman

This may sound crazy, but I'd like to see us slow it down in the third quarter.  We cannot have another 17-34 like game 4 without Paul to go apeshit in the 4th.  Slow it down, be patient, eliminate the turnovers.  Shorten the quarter and make sure we have the lead going to the 4th.  All the pressure will weigh on them.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

This may sound crazy, but I'd like to see us slow it down in the third quarter.  We cannot have another 17-34 like game 4 without Paul to go apeshit in the 4th.  Slow it down, be patient, eliminate the turnovers.  Shorten the quarter and make sure we have the lead going to the 4th.  All the pressure will weigh on them.

It's not crazy, they are going to still play a bit slow iso ball. But one thing Kenny is right about, they need to get into the offense with 13 sec on the shot clock and not 6... It just limits the amount of extra passes and a potential reset if nothing opens up. At 13 sec, either PnR or iso drive/shake open. Either a kick-kick to an open guy, or give it back to James/Eric with 6 secs on the clock. Then they have another chance to get a good shot, rather than just the first go.

lol Dantoni is the fucking zen master...

"if we get mad too much, we lose energy, stay calm" 

Cold fucking blooded. Exert your energy digging the knife in as deep as possible. Blood is in the water for these guys, they need to dish out a calm, intelligent, efficient asswhoopin'.  

Edited by Sidney Sherman

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

The Rockets normally play at the slowest pace in the league. But I hear ya, milk the shot clock as much as possible.

2 minutes ago, Sidney Sherman said:

It's not crazy, they are going to still play a bit slow iso ball. But one thing Kenny is right about, they need to get into the offense with 13 sec on the shot clock and not 6... It just limits the amount of extra passes and a potential reset if nothing opens up. At 13 sec, either PnR or iso drive/shake open. Either a kick-kick to an open guy, or give it back to James/Eric with 6 secs on the clock. Then they have another chance to get a good shot, rather than just the first go.

Well with Harden walking the ball passed the half court line around the 8 second count, there really isn't a chance.

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

i agree.  i was screaming at the tv telling them to slow it down with around 3:00 remaining in the half.

The Rockets normally play at the slowest pace in the league. But I hear ya, milk the shot clock as much as possible.

They didn't during the 1st 2 months of the season, they were one of the fastest paces, they changed it when the Harden/Paul iso plays were working so well. It conserves a lot of energy.

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Well with Harden walking the ball passed the half court line around the 8 second count, there really isn't a chance.

lol yeah. he likes to do that shit... cut it as close as possible.

did y'all watch this shit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW8gyiQC9Zg

Morey is a fucking genius. He sat around with a bunch of nerds on computer anaylizing the game a million different ways and built a team specifically for this moment.

God I hope it pays off. 

I'm just saying we took a lot of quick threes in that half, and a lot of them went down.  I just want to see us be a little more deliberate now.  They're getting frustrated on offense and the longer they have to go between possessions, the better for us.

1 minute ago, Sidney Sherman said:

All according to script. 

If I was the coach I would've called timeout as soon as PJ and Ariza were goofing off in the corner before Ariza jacked up that retarded 3.

That was not smart by Ariza. He could have held the ball until the rest of the team made it back across midcourt.

Full court press from GSW, they are desperate. The officials and the NBA are more desperate lol. This ones gonna be over soon.

No foul call on Capela, they need to just start smashing Curry when he drives. Fuck it, I don't see how they keep their composure when the game is obviously going to be rigged.

Edited by Sidney Sherman

Funny they havent shown the sold out Houston crowd in Toyota center or mentioned Sante Fe.

Must be a different angle they are working this gane with vegas saying -140 on GSW while losing by 10 at half..

Bullshit they dont call that foul on Thompson. Or on Ariza driving there... Goddamn these refs need a fucking reality check.

Wew look at all those threes dropping now. Must be nice.

Edited by Sidney Sherman