CWS

Cairn Horn88

NCAA Baseball‏Verified account @NCAACWS

FollowFollow @NCAACWS

More

GAME TIME UPDATE Due to ongoing inclement weather conditions, #CWS Game 7 will resume at 11 a.m. CT on Wed., June 19. Gates will open at 9 a.m.

CT. Game 8 will begin 65 min. after the conclusion of Game 7.

Game 9 will then begin at 6 p.m. CT on Wed., June 19.

https://twitter.com/NCAACWS/status/1141138858756706305

#move CWS to Round Rock   😊

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Seems like every year lately there are a number of rain and lightning delays at the CWS. I don’t remember all that many from years ago. Is it global warming or me just not remembering because I’m senile.

It's called late spring/early summer in the midwest. 

12 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Seems like every year lately there are a number of rain and lightning delays at the CWS. I don’t remember all that many from years ago. Is it global warming or me just not remembering because I’m senile.

We had to wait an extra day when I was up there in 1983.  We were lucky that the storm passed through quickly in 2009 vs LSU.

So yeah, Jimmy Hoffa is correct.

Edited by cochamps

T 8:   4-2  L'ville                                                                                                                                           Auburn single, and double to score one run....

2 minutes ago, CDAK said:

It was impressive by Auburn just to get there.  Won a regional in Atlanta and a super in Chapel Hill.  

Agree.  And now the 2 remaining sec teams will play each other in an hour. and no matter what..only one can advance to the finals. 

53 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

B 9 :  Still 5-2   ....solo HR, then double....K to end it

FINAL:  5-3 L'ville

Auburn goes home...so, Arky and Aub...first two teams out. Ahhhh.

aggy could dress this up.  Let's see, the grind of playing in the SEC just wore them down.  If they had Tech's route, all four of the SEC teams would be in the finals.  Tech never had to leave Lubbock and then had an easy draw of playing Michigan and Arka....uh oh.  Oh yeah, Arkansas was worn down from playing in the SEC and ... some other stuff and SEC! SEC! SEC! 

4 minutes ago, torre said:

Checked schedule.    Vandy beat MsSt 1-0 in SEC Tournament.   Did not play reg season. 

Different starting pitchers today. 

Correct. and we beat them in the SR regional last year. but Kamar fr wasnt there yet. 

40 minutes ago, torre said:

Checked schedule.    Vandy beat MsSt 1-0 in SEC Tournament.   Did not play reg season. 

Different starting pitchers today. 

So the two best teams in the conference didn't play each other, and espn tells me the SEC is the hardest conference?  I don't get it.

5 minutes ago, Terry Silver said:

So the two best teams in the conference didn't play each other, and espn tells me the SEC is the hardest conference?  I don't get it.

Simple math. we have 14 teams (want aggy and mizzo back so yall can have 12 again?) and therefore can't play every team every year. We should rotate back on their schedule next year i believe. 

13 minutes ago, CDAK said:

That's one reason I don't like big conferences.  Years can go by without playing certain teams, particularly in SEC football where you have 8 conf games and a permanent opponent from the other division.  

In A&M's first SEC season Florida came into College Station and beat them. It will be 12 years until the hometown fans get to see if A&M can get revenge for this loss.

• Like 1