Mojo Hand

Woodworking, DIY, and home repair thread

One thought. Think about how you want to keep snakes and rats from living under that.
I added metal landscape edging around the inside perimeter of the deck before I finished it. I'm sure the bastards will still find a way in though.

1 hour ago, Okie State said:

Thanks. I'm a financial analyst so I have no idea what I'm doing and making it up as I go. I'm using asphalt shingles on the roof and cedar shake for siding. At least that's the plan as I've never installed either so we'll see how it goes. It will have a simple painted door on the front and shutter for a window on the back. I also want to add some low voltage lighting inside and maybe one or two on the front.

The girls are already loving it and it's not close to finished so that makes it worth it.

That's awesome.  Shingles should be super easy.  Possibly put down some felt paper first with a slap stapler if you have one.  Cedar shingles should be pretty easy to install and will be a nice touch.  Send more pics as you continue working on it!

Will be using felt under the shingles and some kind of wrap under the shake. I love working on stuff like this and learning new things as I go. It's small enough that I can do it myself and take my time.

I had to tarp it tonight and wait for the shingles and cedar to come in, but hopefully I can get it finished up within the next few weeks. Will post pics as I progress.

Still waiting on the shingles and cedar to come in. Finished the inside with the exception of some trim. I decided to leave the front open to get some air flow. Seemed like it would be hot as hell all closed in. Plus I was worried about building a door that would hold up to the weather without warping. I'll probably buy a heavy duty canvas tarp and cut it into some shades that can be opened or drawn shut on the front so it's almost like a tent.86cf690c2551cda3ae613856d8cf0e15.jpg77c4100862931df02b78cc27e87b1e5a.jpge3877b70e825c6a015147ba7017aa986.jpg