How do we control the spider population?

52-80

Firstly, im not an arachnophobe, so we will not be nuking the house from orbit.

I kinda tolerated them because they trap skeeters and all other flying insects, but turns out we dont have much of those so its not a problem.  We do have a shed for firewood and gazebo and covered parking structure and all these things which seems to attract spiders like mad.  Theyre building webs everywhere and it just pisses me off walking into that shit.  I can sweep them out and the next day surely they're back.  Lately I've been taking a camping torch to toast all the spiders and their webs but thats mostly for gratuitous satisfaction.

Are there sprays or arachnocides or traps or something I can do to rid of these fuckers?

Spray the areas with a water and soap mixture, and let me know what happens.  It's the cheap version of wasp spray, and I would be might be annoying enough to keep the spiders away.  I little liquid diswashing soap mixed into water isn't going to hurt your plants.  Might not work, but it will wipe out a hornet's nest, if I can toss the solo cup full on the nest.  I think the soap is an annoyance, but that when they clean the soap off themselves they ingest and die.

25 cent fix, that's worth a try.

Buy some tempo and spray the areas you want to rid of spiders.  You can also use this in your home, but they recommend a half strength mix.  You can probably find this much cheaper somewhere else, but this is the one you want.

https://www.amazon.com/Tempo-Control-Insecticide-Spiders-Silverfish/dp/B0041ND0ZY/ref=asc_df_B0041ND0ZY/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583657821149166&psc=1

I'm glad this topic was posted because I was just about to post something like this. I've had numerous run ins with spiders and I have no idea what kind it is or where they're coming from. They are brown and are shaped like black widow spiders with a big ass. They hang out in corners of the room or build webs along the bottom area of the walls. I googled some photos and I guess they're brown widows? They're easy to spot because they leave a trail of dead flies everywhere. Awesome stuff but I'd rather deal with flies than spiders.

3 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

I'm glad this topic was posted because I was just about to post something like this. I've had numerous run ins with spiders and I have no idea what kind it is or where they're coming from. They are brown and are shaped like black widow spiders with a big ass. They hang out in corners of the room or build webs along the bottom area of the walls. I googled some photos and I guess they're brown widows? They're easy to spot because they leave a trail of dead flies everywhere. Awesome stuff but I'd rather deal with flies than spiders.

ive got a few of the big-dark-ass ones, mostly the furry tan/brown garden spider (?), and some of those ultra skinny legged bambi looking motherfuckers.  fuck em all

I was told by an exterminator that you can't really kill spiders unless you spray them directly or if a bug they eat comes in contact with the poison.  They don't clean themselves like other bugs so they won't climb through the poison and eat it off themselves.  You may just want to welcome your new spider overlords and hope they take pity on you.