Beer 2020: Pint glasses or it didn’t happen.

HenryJames

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Negged for sharing  a beer opinion, while also maintaining props to one of my favorite Texas brewers.

Really?

I'll say it again.  The Pre War Pilsner is pretty fucking meh.  I do however love Hefe and the Primus from Live Oak.   I've had 4 Hefes today, in fact.

Got you fam. 

On 8/7/2020 at 9:02 PM, MoJames said:

Not bad.13be12b6801f841f5390c381dac8ea0d.jpg

I haven't thought about Ska Brewing in years. Used to get sixers of Modus Hoperandi all the time during the early 10's. It's funny to think about the breweries that used to sell in TX that have moved out. Ska, Southern Tier, Uinta, Elevation, Smuttynose, Nebraska, Flying Dog, La Cumbre, etc. The craft beer market got crazy in TX in like 2014 and a lot of solid breweries ended up leaving the state.

random question for austin people—what’s the general opinion of Friends & Allies? i feel like i never see them mentioned, good or bad, in any context. just curious. i don’t know anyone involved with them at all. just seems like they were kind of big when they came on the scene with cans in grocery stores and from an outsider’s perspective they seem completely off the radar.

29 minutes ago, patrickdrinksbeer said:

random question for austin people—what’s the general opinion of Friends & Allies? i feel like i never see them mentioned, good or bad, in any context. just curious. i don’t know anyone involved with them at all. just seems like they were kind of big when they came on the scene with cans in grocery stores and from an outsider’s perspective they seem completely off the radar.

Wandered over one time after climbing next door.  They had some decent stuff but nothing earthshattering. 

In a world of seemingly never ending hazies as well as Oktoberfests being released in the dog days of summer, sometimes you need just a good classic West Coast IPA from a good brewery from California or in this case two good breweries from California (Moonraker and, one of my faves, Alvarado Street).

ed11443ed6ee569fc32685728e79338e.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So I had to go with a stock photo because I didn't know we were supposed to have pint glasses in our photos...

There's a brewery in Massachusetts called Treehouse that has a cult-like following among my co-workers. They'll drive an hour to wait in insanely long lines (can take hours in the pre-Rona times) to get cases of the beer because you can only get it at the brewery. They don't sell it in stores or in bars. My buddy was coming back from Boston and asked if I wanted him to pick up a case so I'm working my way through it. They're known for their IPA's but I opted for the lighter options and their Kolsch called Outlier is banging. The label are is pretty great too. I think it's a beer that would make a killing in Austin with the burnt orange and white color scheme.

So I had to go with a stock photo because I didn't know we were supposed to have pint glasses in our photos...
There's a brewery in Massachusetts called Treehouse that has a cult-like following among my co-workers. They'll drive an hour to wait in insanely long lines (can take hours in the pre-Rona times) to get cases of the beer because you can only get it at the brewery. They don't sell it in stores or in bars. My buddy was coming back from Boston and asked if I wanted him to pick up a case so I'm working my way through it. They're known for their IPA's but I opted for the lighter options and their Kolsch called Outlier is banging. The label are is pretty great too. I think it's a beer that would make a killing in Austin with the burnt orange and white color scheme.
ERji8JiXYAACnTe?format=jpg&name=large

I keep asking [mention]longhorn10 [/mention] to send me some of this but he sucks.

54fff86e20a972bdd8b88bb4828b6358.jpg
Cool brewery in Dyersville near Field of Dreams.

Wife and I are going biking on the Heritage Trail in a few weeks. Plan on hitting Textile.

If you get into Dubuque, hit Dimensional. They slam and go hard. Hopefully Joe is working. He’s a Hawk fan, but good shit.

In other news, I could inject this shit into my veins
2a9cf988c3d2804af352053fc943c541.jpg