Jump to content
horn4life

How would Presidential protection laws work for an Ex_President in Prison?

Recommended Posts

I know we provide ex-Presidents with lifetime secret service protection.  Does this extend into incarceration in Prison and beyond?

Asking for a friend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, horn4life said:

I know we provide ex-Presidents with lifetime secret service protection.  Does this extend into incarceration in Prison and beyond?

Asking for a friend?

Yes, it does extended to incarcerated persons should that ever happen. It's never happened before and no one quite knows definitively how exactly it would work, but they nonetheless are entitled to it under the FPA. I imagine what would happen is that they'd keep rotating the former president's cell, and he'd just happen to be put in one with a "cellmate" that "just arrived." Either that or they'd put him in solitary that wasn't exactly solitary...

Or most likely, such a former president would suffer the same fate as Charles Logan in the show 24: house arrest at the grandest property that the guy owns. Ankle bracelet with no permissions to ever leave, but a comfortable life of isolation nonetheless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, horn4life said:

I know we provide ex-Presidents with lifetime secret service protection.  Does this extend into incarceration in Prison and beyond?

Asking for a friend?

Are you thinking Obama is going down for all the corruption and collusion leading to the 2016 election? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DeweyCox said:

Are you thinking Obama is going down for all the corruption and collusion leading to the 2016 election? 

Fail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when the CR trolls were at least funny?  Now they are just pathetic and sad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's amazing how when a handful of people see a duck and say that it's a duck, they're accused of "group think."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, DeweyCox said:

Are you thinking Obama is going down for all the corruption and collusion leading to the 2016 election? 

Let's run with that -- can you answer the question proposed in the original post regarding Obama's incarceration?

Fucking trolls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Let's run with that -- can you answer the question proposed in the original post regarding Obama's incarceration?

Fucking trolls.

Oh, I don’t think there’s any chance Obama will be prosecuted. My point was meant to be just as dumb as the OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DeweyCox said:

Oh, I don’t think there’s any chance Obama will be prosecuted. My point was meant to be just as dumb as the OP.

The OP didn't mention any particular President.  Trust me, you took whatever level of "dumb" was in that post and turned it up to 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you really expect me, or anyone, to believe that OP didn’t have any one particular in mind? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DeweyCox said:

Oh, I don’t think there’s any chance Obama will be prosecuted. My point was meant to be just as dumb as the OP.

That's not what he asked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

That's not what he asked.

My bad. I’d have to assume that they would continue to have whatever protection deemed necessary in that environment. I’d also imagine that environment being more extravagant than most citizens enjoy at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DeweyCox said:

My bad. I’d have to assume that they would continue to have whatever protection deemed necessary in that environment. I’d also imagine that environment being more extravagant than most citizens enjoy at home.

At a high level, I agree.

Practically speaking, I would expect an incarcerated POTUS to be essentially confined to house arrest with Secret Service protection and travel monitoring.  I think it's an absurd pipe dream to think they'd be in genpop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, DeweyCox said:

Do you really expect me, or anyone, to believe that OP didn’t have any one particular in mind? 

LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeweyCox said:

My bad.

What?  Are you 12?  Really?  My bad.  Jesus.  Grow up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They did this in a season of 24. The ex president lived on an estate somewhere that he couldn't leave.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BNB said:

They did this in a season of 24. The ex president lived on an estate somewhere that he couldn't leave.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
 

You do realize TV isn’t real, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that revoking Presidential Protection for convicted felons should become part of law.  Clearly all Republicans would vote for such legislation given the near universal position on not wanting felons to be allowed to vote after their sentences were served.  Seems like it would be an easy yes vote.  If nothing else it would be bun to hear the debate on how the law is "targeting Trump!"  To which the response would be... "How can you target somebody who has done nothing wrong?"

Trump is going to be far and away the most costly President in our nation's history.  Probably a factor of 4 -6 fold of all prior presidents.  I honestly do not mind if felonious President are given special treatment to protect them in Prison.  I do however seriously mind picking up the tab for a convicted felon's protection.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You do realize TV isn’t real, right?
I was trying to ruin y'alls circle jerk fantasy, and have yall imagining Trump living out his days at his golf club.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Melina dumps IMpotus the day after his last day in office, does she still get protection for life ?

how does her protection work if she goes back to high end escorting ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Remember when the CR trolls were at least funny?  Now they are just pathetic and sad. 

Wasn’t Steve Bannon a failure in Hollywood so he went to Washington because those damn elitist leftists thought he sucked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nivek said:


Wasn’t Steve Bannon a failure in Hollywood so he went to Washington because those damn elitist leftists thought he sucked?

If only someone had bought hitlers paintings .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...