Jump to content
Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×
Sign in to follow this  
Horn Dogg

8 bit Big 12 fight songs

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

Complete with couch burning at West Virginia

 

Made it to 23 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This reminded me of how the sound of the KSU fight song viscerally enrages me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

This reminded me of how the sound of the KSU fight song viscerally enrages me.

If that one bothers you then you must be insane from OUs stupid ass song and their 76-6-2 record against ISU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

If that one bothers you then you must be insane from OUs stupid ass song and their 76-6-2 record against ISU.

I hate Boomer Sooner, but I'm so fucking beaten down it's not quite the same.

Oklahoma just beats the shit out of us (last few years notwithstanding).  KSU has absolutely tortured us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I hate Boomer Sooner, but I'm so fucking beaten down it's not quite the same.

Oklahoma just beats the shit out of us (last few years notwithstanding).  KSU has absolutely tortured us.

I get it as OU is 27-3 against us so you kinda just shrug your shoulders and look forward to the game against TCU/Tech/Whomever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

If that one bothers you then you must be insane from OUs stupid ass song and their 76-6-2 record against ISU.

Can't even hear it anymore...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In around 1976 or '77 some band members went in to the football locker rooms to clean their tubas or some shit after practice thinking no one was in there.  Out pops Earle Bruce and he goes bananas... "What the FUCK are you doing in here, this is the fucking VARSITY locker room!!!"  To which one of the band guys says, "COACH, it's okay, we're the VARSITY BAND."

They still call it the ISU Varsity Marching Band.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The waving song isn't really our fight song, but Ride 'em Cowboys probably wouldn't sound good in 8 bit anyway. The history of our fight song trilogy is actually kind of interesting, to me at least. It's not an all time classic, but I like it well enough.

Edited by 'stache

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 11:10 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

This reminded me of how the sound of the KSU fight song viscerally enrages me.

That is literally the only thing I can find ok with KSU.  Honestly didn't recognize ISU's at all.  Guess it doesn't get played that much.  You should adopt the mid 90's ou rule of playing after every 3 and out.....on offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 2:27 PM, 'stache said:

The waving song isn't really our fight song, but Ride 'em Cowboys probably wouldn't sound good in 8 bit anyway. The history of our fight song trilogy is actually kind of interesting, to me at least. It's not an all time classic, but I like it well enough.

Y'all's band is cool, as they are one of the only out of state bands that travels in full to DKR. 3rd Song of the trilogy is rarely heard by TV audiences, as the broadcast is in the commercials after a score and PAT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 2:27 PM, 'stache said:

The waving song isn't really our fight song, but Ride 'em Cowboys probably wouldn't sound good in 8 bit anyway. The history of our fight song trilogy is actually kind of interesting, to me at least. It's not an all time classic, but I like it well enough.

I know that the waving song isn't your fight song, but it's really the one you hear on broadcasts, and has a more distinct melody than your other fight song, which I've only heard in person.

I guess, to me, the waving song is always what I associate melodically with OK State.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2020 at 4:18 PM, mulletpelini said:

That is literally the only thing I can find ok with KSU.  Honestly didn't recognize ISU's at all.  Guess it doesn't get played that much.  You should adopt the mid 90's ou rule of playing after every 3 and out.....on offense.

I'm pretty sure current ISU would kick current Nebraska's ass. Just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I know that the waving song isn't your fight song, but it's really the one you hear on broadcasts, and has a more distinct melody than your other fight song, which I've only heard in person.

I guess, to me, the waving song is always what I associate melodically with OK State.

It's called The Waving Song?

Hell, I thought it was "Merry Go Round Broke Down."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I'm pretty sure current ISU would kick current Nebraska's ass. Just saying.

This is why it sucks that we rarely play the Big 10 in bowl games.

Granted, they haven't been to one in awhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 9:13 AM, mulletpelini said:

KU, great colors, great fight song....terrible fucking football.

Kansas was a "half" power, back in the 1960's I think I heard..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...