preference on Daily Texan moderation

Daily Texan Moderation  

293 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer the moderation of the daily texan to be

• Like it is now with the moderators trying to keep political talk out
    • allow political talk

On 6/11/2020 at 3:45 PM, Lobo said:

If I have to watch people put ketchup on hot dogs, you can tolerate people who put beans in chili.  Our political dialogues may have gone to shit in this country, but we're going to maintain a modicum of decorum when it comes to our pocket dogs.  /rafi

Chicago style dogs slay all others, there is no question. But fuck beans. 

• Like 1

I mean, this implicit denigration of a chili dog will not stand.

If you let me have two dogs of any style, one’s a chili dog and the other’s Chicago style. But a bonus dog might be a bacon wrapped Norwegian style, cooked on a flat top griddle in a rural gas station.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean, this implicit denigration of a chili dog will not stand.

If you let me have two dogs of any style, one’s a chili dog and the other’s Chicago style. But a bonus dog might be a bacon wrapped Norwegian style, cooked on a flat top griddle in a rural gas station.

I've been watching King of the Hill and when I saw gas, I was thinking "what an idiot, use propane."

This thread's awkward turn has inspired me to make Chicago style hot dogs tonight on the grill.  I've got a freezer full of proper kosher dogs, pickle spears, appropriate mustard, celery salt from portillos, a frozen container of pickled sport peppers from the same place, tomato wedges, and as per usual---I don't put onions on and never will.  they completely overpower the taste of everything else.   Just the right amount of smokiness flavor to them.  ONly thing I need are the poppy seed buns.  But I don't feel like going all the way out to the store today to secure those.  Anybody got a good workaround for those?  Thanks

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

This thread's awkward turn has inspired me to make Chicago style hot dogs tonight on the grill.  I've got a freezer full of proper kosher dogs, pickle spears, appropriate mustard, celery salt from portillos, a frozen container of pickled sport peppers from the same place, tomato wedges, and as per usual---I don't put onions on and never will.  they completely overpower the taste of everything else.   Just the right amount of smokiness flavor to them.  ONly thing I need are the poppy seed buns.  But I don't feel like going all the way out to the store today to secure those.  Anybody got a good workaround for those?  Thanks

might you have poppyseeds in your spice cabinet?

On 6/13/2020 at 10:16 PM, Anastasis said:

Real Chicago hot dogs are magical. The bun and frank can't be found outside of there. Must be a mob rule or something. As far as adding peppers and tomatoes, I can go either way.

On 6/13/2020 at 11:55 PM, Nicole44 said:

Have any of you won chili contests/championships?  And if so, does your recipe include coffee/coffee grounds? 

Coffee grounds? Why don't you dump in some beans?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RPM said:

Real Chicago hot dogs are magical. The bun and frank can't be found outside of there. Must be a mob rule or something. As far as adding peppers and tomatoes, I can go either way.

Coffee grounds? Why don't you dump in some beans?

It’s not me that does it. My uncle puts a cup of coffee in his. He said he’s heard of people using coffee grounds (which not sure about) but he competes occasionally in contests. 

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

It’s not me that does it. My uncle puts a cup of coffee in his. He said he’s heard of people using coffee grounds (which not sure about) but he competes occasionally in contests. 

Your uncle knows his chili. Coffee is a good bitter for chili. It enhances the earthiness of the chilis. I have added unsweetened chocolate at times to my chili puree.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Lovely.   The feds want to decide how internet sites moderate their forums.    

https://www.wsj.com/articles/justice-department-to-propose-limiting-internet-firms-protections-11592391602

Wait.  Maybe we can post on TexAgs and Luigi can’t moderate our posts.  

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nbc-news-google-federalist-zerohedge-ads 

Looks like Google may be attacking comment sections now.

"The Google spokesperson also suggested to Nover that the site's "comments section" was in violation of Google's policies but not any of its articles."

2 hours ago, workswithseed said:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nbc-news-google-federalist-zerohedge-ads 

Looks like Google may be attacking comment sections now.

"The Google spokesperson also suggested to Nover that the site's "comments section" was in violation of Google's policies but not any of its articles."

It's Google deciding to not sell ads on their websites, not taking away their voice or imposing legal penalties. Do you want the government to tell businesses who they have to do business with?

12 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's Google deciding to not sell ads on their websites, not taking away their voice or imposing legal penalties. Do you want the government to tell businesses who they have to do business with?

I actually agree with you, I'm also scared that they can do that what a comment section.

That means this place could be not advertised since it has some shit in it.

4 hours ago, workswithseed said:

I actually agree with you, I'm also scared that they can do that what a comment section.

That means this place could be not advertised since it has some shit in it.

1234.  This.

A lot of people do not understand that most internet sets are not run out of the kindness of the owner's hearts, and that they actually cost something.

17 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

1234.  This.

A lot of people do not understand that most internet sets are not run out of the kindness of the owner's hearts, and that they actually cost something.

We are like the asshole child in this scenario. If need be I will contribute. Or help with server as such. Got friends who can allow a piggyback. 

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

1234.  This.

About tree fiddy I hear. 

• Like 1