money spud

Home recording studio thread

Who all has a home recording studio, what gear are y'all using? What educational resources do you find best?

I'm in the process of starting my own home studio, got a few mics(sm81, sm57 and sm58) and a focus rite Scarlett 18i20 interface and I'll be running Cubase once I get everything set up.

58 minutes ago, money spud said:

I'm in the process of starting my own home studio, got a few mics(sm81, sm57 and sm58) and a focus rite Scarlett 18i20 interface and I'll be running Cubase once I get everything set up.

Where's it at?

I got 2 turntables and a microphone

I plan on keeping it as quiet as possible for neighbors, I'll primarily be doing acoustic guitar and stuff with programed drums up front.

So how is Cubase these days?  Back in the day, it was essentially Pro-Tools or nothing (not that there wasn't other software out there, they just were nowhere near as good as Pro-tools).

I have thought about getting a pro-tools set up to remix recordings that I did when I owned a studio many years ago.

I am not sure about now, but the forums on Tape Op (and the mag itself) were a great resource.  https://messageboard.tapeop.com/

I haven't used cubuase yet,  purchased the materials at the end of last month,  still waiting on one of my studio monitors,  my goal is to have everything installed and hooked up by the end of next week.  I've recorded on both cubase and nuendo as a band and always been happy with it.