Black female golfers have cops called for playing "too slowly"

Pancho

The father of an ex-UT golfer friend of mine mistakenly hit up on a group of drunk college kids. No one was hit but one of the kids felt really disrespected and decided to act. As my friend’s father was apologizing the kid wacked him in the temple with an iron. The old man almost died. The college kids hauled ass out of there and were never identified.

7 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Exactly.  No one of good conscience likes to be called a racist or be told they live in a racist region.  Especially by someone who lives in an equally racist region.  The "north" has been lording its moral superiority on race issues over the "south" for 150-plus years.  Granted, the genesis of that was slavery, but after emancipation, the "north" lost any claim to current moral superiority on race issues.

Are you serious?

Can you post some examples of this please?

i don't know if what you say is true, however, I know nothing of this being some sort of social issue or any issue for that matter.

As someone who is an expert at what goes on at a golf course, that article is bullshit. You aren’t keeping up with the group in front of you if you skip a hole. That makes absolutely no sense. That is the definition of not keeping up.

Having said that, calling the police is a joke.
It makes sense if the other groups continued to play while that shitshow in the recording was going on, and the women then skipped a hole to get back in their place.

It makes sense if the other groups continued to play while that shitshow in the recording was going on, and the women then skipped a hole to get back in their place.

I skimmed the article once so correct me if I am wrong, but the shit show happened on the 10th tee after that “slow” group took a 20 min break. The article said they skipped the 3rd hole.

5 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

I skimmed the article once so correct me if I am wrong, but the shit show happened on the 10th tee after that “slow” group took a 20 min break. The article said they skipped the 3rd hole.

Oh yeah? Well, I didn't really even skim it well enough to get that detail, and I certainly don't know fuck all about golf. So if I were you, I'd take my uninformed opinion with a wee bit of salt.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

I think the clear message here is women shouldn't be allowed to play golf.  

The only thing worse than a woman on the golf course is the ass hole who brought her there. 

Good to see Pancho Negro still fighting that ol’ race baiting fight. 

3 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Are you serious?

i don't know if what you say is true, however, I know nothing of this being some sort of social issue or any issue for that matter.

Examples of what?  https://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/11/opinion/sunday/when-will-the-north-face-its-racism.html

The nation still has far to go, but this, at least, seems cause for hope. It suggests that the South, after decades of wrestling with its history, is now willing to face injustice head on. And it suggests that the North, after decades of insisting that it was fairer and more free, could eventually do the same.

This is not a particularly constructive vein of thought, but there's an article about it.  And here's another.

https://www.salon.com/2014/12/14/the_north_isnt_better_than_the_south_the_real_history_of_modern_racism_and_segregation_above_the_mason_dixon_line/

Edited by TwiceHorn

4 hours ago, Texas_Rocks said:

The father of an ex-UT golfer friend of mine mistakenly hit up on a group of drunk college kids. No one was hit but one of the kids felt really disrespected and decided to act. As my friend’s father was apologizing the kid wacked him in the temple with an iron. The old man almost died. The college kids hauled ass out of there and were never identified.

No one left a name to book the tee time? No credit card receipts? 

they started in on the group of women on hole 1. i would have told them to go fuck themselves 

had a group hit into us twice. first time I hit their ball into the water and the second time i waited for them to drive up. i gave them the verbal version of a sternly worded letter, then told them to play through. as the guy starts to hit i yell 'fooooooooore' and told him he's hearing that the rest of the day. they promptly took off. i told them to go fuck themselves before they got away

3 hours ago, 3adays said:

No one left a name to book the tee time? No credit card receipts? 

Therin lies the rub. It was a goat ranch near a small college town. Some college kids were also running the show and there was no record of the attacker’s group. It was logically surmised that someone in the clubhouse let the group play without paying cart or green fees. I don’t recall ever hearing much other than the kids in the shop all denying that they had anything to do with letting the freeloaders on the course.

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

they started in on the group of women on hole 1. i would have told them to go fuck themselves 

had a group hit into us twice. first time I hit their ball into the water and the second time i waited for them to drive up. i gave them the verbal version of a sternly worded letter, then told them to play through. as the guy starts to hit i yell 'fooooooooore' and told him he's hearing that the rest of the day. they promptly took off. i told them to go fuck themselves before they got away

Username checks out

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Are you serious?

A former co-worker from FW Star-Telegram post on FB last week in the wake of the Starbucks Philadelphia brouhaha that his hometown (Philly) was infinitely more racist than where he went to college (UNC), where he used to work (Texas) and where he now works (Duke). He's African-American.

Edited by C-Man

18 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:

As someone who is an expert at what goes on at a golf course, that article is bullshit. You aren’t keeping up with the group in front of you if you skip a hole. That makes absolutely no sense. That is the definition of not keeping up.

Having said that, calling the police is a joke.

This and there is a 90% chance a foursome of ladies are going to be slow as hell.  

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

This and there is a 90% chance a foursome of ladies are going to be slow as hell.  

90?? It's absolutely 100%. A twosome of women will 90% of the time be slower than a foursome of men. It's a fact. Guys who called the cops should know this and shoulda just played through.

Depends on where you play and the women.  At a public course I bet it's 80%+ that women would be slow.  When I play behind women at a country club (at least a good one) they play just as fast as the men. 

Calling the cops for slow play is crazy.  The course marshal should have taken care of it.

51 minutes ago, C-Man said:

A former co-worker from FW Star-Telegram post on FB last week in the wake of the Starbucks Philadelphia brouhaha that his hometown (Philly) was infinitely more racist than where he went to college (UNC), where he used to work (Texas) and where he now works (Duke). He's African-American.

I'm sorry, that just can not be !!!!  That black guy didn't know what the hell he was talking about...

On 4/24/2018 at 10:56 AM, po elvis said:

moral of the story is black people do nothing wrong, and if anything involves a black person, it needs to make national headlines and we can all argue about it for a week.

A-fucking-men. Contain this shit to a megathread. We get it, some people are racist pricks and the “victims” are always polite citizens of color that did nothing to antagonize the situation in any way. There are dozens of nationals headlines a year to show the imperialistic racism still dominating this country.

5 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

A-fucking-men. Contain this shit to a megathread. We get it, some people are racist pricks and the “victims” are always polite citizens of color that did nothing to antagonize the situation in any way. There are dozens of nationals headlines a year to show the imperialistic racism still dominating this country.

The word you are looking for is "uppity"