Dead Football League

Hiphopopotamos

https://deadfootball.com/network

I just found this today.  Spent the morning watching the Houston Gamblers play, and now I'm watching the Tampa Bay vs. LA (XFL)

Dead Football League:

DFL's mission is to create an eternal shrine to the WFL, USFL, WLAF, NFL Europe, XFL, UFL, AAF, AFL and others.

The DFL streams games from Dead Football Leagues and its awesome.

image.thumb.png.196c5c71b25548f470748e8ab88e04bb.png

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

This has been bothering me for years.  I'm sure one of y'all will know.  I'm almost positive I saw a pro game circa 1992 at a stadium in San Marcos.  Was I dreaming or really drunk?

https://funwhileitlasted.net/2011/06/07/1991-1992-san-antonio-riders/

San Antonio Riders WLAF Football

1992 Season

After the NFL approved a 1992 season in late October, the Riders immediately announced plans to move to 16,000-seat Bobcat Stadium on the campus of Southwest Texas State University in San Marcos.  The team still intended to return to San Antonio proper in 1993 to play at the Alamodome.  In the meantime,  the Riders could sell & advertise beer in San Marcos, and for the first time they would participate in parking and concessions revenue.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

1992 Season

After the NFL approved a 1992 season in late October, the Riders immediately announced plans to move to 16,000-seat Bobcat Stadium on the campus of Southwest Texas State University in San Marcos.  The team still intended to return to San Antonio proper in 1993 to play at the Alamodome.  In the meantime,  the Riders could sell & advertise beer in San Marcos, and for the first time they would participate in parking and concessions revenue.

Yep and thanks.  I was going to add that the uniforms were abnormally bright...

9 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

1992 Season

I covered three or four games there as a freelance photographer. The games were pretty good. Lots of fun. They had some pretty hot cheerleaders, too. Cowboys announcer Babe Laufenberg played some QB for one of the Riders opponents. I had a Riders shirt and some swag.

This has been bothering me for years.  I'm sure one of y'all will know.  I'm almost positive I saw a pro game circa 1992 at a stadium in San Marcos.  Was I dreaming or really drunk?

Were they playing a team called the Fire? The only thing I remember from that game was there was this big Mexican guy wearing overalls with no shirt and his hair in a braided ponytail. He was eating a turkey leg and screaming “piss on the Fire” all game. We thought it was hilarious but we were pretty fucked up.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Hate said:

Were they playing a team called the Fire? The only thing I remember from that game was there was this big Mexican guy wearing overalls with no shirt and his hair in a braided ponytail. He was eating a turkey leg and screaming “piss on the Fire” all game. We thought it was hilarious but we were pretty fucked up.

I was pretty drunk as well.  I believe this trip from the 40 to San Marcos represented the first time I'd ever had alcohol in public - hence the hazy memory.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 11:50 AM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Fun games there. Friend was a ticket salesman and used to give us the leftovers. Good times. 

• Hook 'Em 1