USMNT 2021

Napoleon

Interesting to see Kellyn Acosta actually looking pretty good in this video.

Didn't watch the match and don't remember hearing his name mentioned during the highlight video that ESPN put out, but he showed some good things in this video.

And although his one set piece in this video didn't go as planned, he has always been great (at least for 4 or 5 years) at taking set pieces. Probably one of the best set piece takers in the USMNT pool.

Saw this last night after listening to him being referenced in the USMNT highlight section (when the announcers were calling the game) and then did a deep dive on the Aaronson brothers from watching the equivalent of a podcast or two on YouTube to reading articles to going to the MLSsoccer page to Wiki...
It turns out that Brenden agrees with my assessment of his skills and his attention to defense, the younger brother is more of a classic #10, and their little sister, Jaden, is a wiz on the wing (7/11) for her youth team. She may be one to watch for the USWNT in the future, but she's only like 12 to maybe as old as 14.
This is why the internet is evil. You think that you are learning stuff, but you go way beyond and never get that time back.

Given how fast Brenden’s rise has been and the current value Americans are beginning to see in Europe, I am going to guess Paxton never plays for the Union. He will be in Europe very soon.

Acosta and Llegett are fine, I think we get too hung up on wanting big club Euro players everywhere, which would be great.  In the end, they are upgrades from the 2014 WC team, Acosta is better than Beckerman and Llegett is better than Bedoya.  Clearly Weston and T Adams are superior, but we can can advance with KA and SL.

look at these 2 lineups that were a second away from taking 6 points from Ghana and Portugal

1389px-GHA-USA_2014-06-16.svg.png

1389px-USA-POR_2014-06-22.svg.png

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 12:57 AM, shnsajax said:

This is just a guess, but I don't think we have a clue as to where Hoppe is going.  I still want him in Holland, Ajax, PSV, or Feyenoord. Goal scoring league, minutes to be had, and a focus on technical ability. 

PSV

the best track record for development of big names that have gone on to fame and fortune

26 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Letget at half?  Wtf?

26 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Bruh. 23. Come on!

26 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Acosta needs to come out.

6 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

lleeggeett must have pics of somebody important

Neither of the two should be seeing the pitch. What exactly did Musah do wrong? And put Cappis in for fuck's sake.

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

What exactly did Musah do wrong?

Only thing that comes to mind is there was a sequence where Musah kept the ball to himself against several defenders at midfield for a few seconds despite clear opportunities to pass. it was a selfish bit of hotdogging, as young players are wont to do, but there were also moments in which he looked very dangerous.

I'm with you, though. Winning is always the goal, but it's a relatively meaningless friendly, so we should be seeing as much of these news guys as possible. We know what Acosta and Lletget bring--serviceable depth, which we'll need later this summer--but let these others have a crack.

Anyway, deserved PK and goal for Pulisic. Man of the match so far.

i liked the idea of playing a 433 everywhere at every level to ease the interoperation/capping of players from everywhere at all levels, not only for the calendar pileup this summer, but with the ultimate goal of being able to assemble the final selection for qatar literally at the last moment.  we've always had to have a core of 13/14 players that had to play together for at least 18 months to form the cohesion necessary to survive competitive full internationals.  the sudden exploding talent revolution of the past 2 years makes that no longer necessary.

on the other hand i agree with the idea of putting in another package as holden stated to match opposition or macgyver certain guys in to a starting lineup.

but i would have thought that would have been something for the next cycle.  it's an aggressive move.  i will say this, if there is a throw-away fixture where you start the process, this is it.

and of course i question if this is a beerholder implementation.

smells like stewart and dutch total voetbol idea.