Assassination of Malcolm X involving NYPD and FBI - Allegedly

deech

https://abcnews.go.com/US/claims-surrounding-malcolm-assassination-surface-letter-written-nypd/story?id=76031383

When Wood was hired by the NYPD in 1964, his job was to "infiltrate civil rights organizations" to find evidence of criminal activity so the FBI could discredit the subjects and arrest its leaders, Wood wrote in the letter obtained by ABC News.

Wood's handler devised the arrest of two of Malcolm X's "key" security detail members in a plot to bomb the Statue of Liberty days before his 1965 assassination, Wood wrote. The plot involved three members of a Black "terrorist group" and a Canadian woman who were planning to dynamite the Statue of Liberty, the Liberty Bell and the Washington Monument, the New York Times reported on Feb. 16, 1965.

"It was my assignment to draw the two men into a felonious federal crime, so that they could be arrested by the FBI and kept away from managing Malcolm X's door security on February 21, 1965," Wood wrote. "... At that time I was not aware that Malcolm X was the target.

Edited by deech

I guess more has been discovered in the decades since I read his excellent autobiography. Back then, it was believed he'd been assassinated by Nation of Islam. 

I just googled Malcolm X assassins and got this story from a year ago in the NYT. Interesting, but it still looks like the killers were Nation of Islam agents.

I was a boy back then, and assassinations began to feel like a common part of the news. Looking back, you see how crazy it all was. Malcolm X was a very interesting man. His book, assigned in an economics course at Texas, gave me my first insight into the lives of blacks in America. The book is not a political rant, but an actual biography that included his thought processes. Valuable read at the time for this white suburban boy.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

I guess more has been discovered in the decades since I read his excellent autobiography. Back then, it was believed he'd been assassinated by Nation of Islam. 

I just googled Malcolm X assassins and got this story from a year ago in the NYT. Interesting, but it still looks like the killers were Nation of Islam agents.

I was a boy back then, and assassinations began to feel like a common part of the news. Looking back, you see how crazy it all was. Malcolm X was a very interesting man. His book, assigned in an economics course at Texas, gave me my first insight into the lives of blacks in America. The book is not a political rant, but an actual biography that included his thought processes. Valuable read at the time for this white suburban boy.

NOI members pulled the trigger, but the FBI orchestrated the entire thing. There is a great docuseries on Netflix that breaks everything down.

• Like 1